napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Heart rate question

emperor

Hi everyone

I have the Fitbit blaze and this is the first time I have something that tracks my heart rate.

So I'm doing cardio and I notice that my heart rate is either in the "cardio zone" or "fat burning zone"

I'm on a cut and I've been hitting the calories I need to hit to burn fat. However my question is does it matter if your heart rate is in the fat burning zone or cardio zone when your doing cardio to burn fat.

Thank you
Emperor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fail to believe it matters TOO much unless you are in a fasted state. Even then, if you're running any gear, it should help preserve lbm. Optimal? Probably not. But I wouldn't stress it too much.

In my opinion, those are just "mainstream" terms. Cutting all comes down to creating a deficit in caloric intake. Regardless of which "zone" you're training in, you're still burning calories and this contributes to creating that deficit. I wouldn't worry too much about it bro. Just get your cardio in, hit your calories/macros, and monitor your progress to adjust accordingly.

Don't overthink your heart rate. It really comes down to what type and duration of cardio you are doing. The higher your heart rate the shorter the session should be, while moderate heart rate levels would be longer sessions.

What type of cardio are you doing? Are you doing steady state or HIIT?

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

It doesn't matter one bit. You are burning calories regardless. Plus, the watch is just assuming your zones due to a age and weight. Those zones are very different if you are super fit or out of shape. Just go and get your heart rate up and sweat. You will burn calories.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Yep...zones are BS I dropped 70 pounds in 6 Months by cutting calories plain and simple, I never went over 3.4 on the treadmill with a 3% incline, my heart rate never went over 125

It doesn't matter one bit. You are burning calories regardless. Plus, the watch is just assuming your zones due to a age and weight. Those zones are very different if you are super fit or out of shape. Just go and get your heart rate up and sweat. You will burn calories.

i agree... all that "zone" talk is a crock of shit... anyone that has done extensive cardio knows that is pretty much meaningless... don't waste any extra time or thought on it

i agree... all that "zone" talk is a crock of shit... anyone that has done extensive cardio knows that is pretty much meaningless... don't waste any extra time or thought on it
And this is coming from 2 guys who live cardio. Just about every single day of our lives. Hours at a time.

And this is coming from 2 guys who live cardio. Just about every single day of our lives. Hours at a time.

EXACTLY... your one of the few guys that trains cardio at the level i do for such an extended period of time so i think we have a small grasp on this concept... =)

EXACTLY... your one of the few guys that trains cardio at the level i do for such an extended period of time so i think we have a small grasp on this concept... =)
Without ego or reservation, I can comfortably and confidentially say that we are experts in this field.

No , the Fitbit community and theory on zones is 100% accurate you're going to have to make sure they thing on your wrist says your biting fat to be 100% sure you are man

No but seriously, I just got the vivoactive cause the fenix3 on my wrist for hours of running oisses me off if recommend it but anyways what is your heart rate at when it starts saying your burning fat ? How big are you just curious

Don't overthink your heart rate. It really comes down to what type and duration of cardio you are doing. The higher your heart rate the shorter the session should be, while moderate heart rate levels would be longer sessions.

What type of cardio are you doing? Are you doing steady state or HIIT?

I'm doing steady state elliptical. 10 incline 10 resistance. I'm burning about 5-600 plus calories. 4-5 miles

Thanks DG I know your the cardio guy. This helps.

No but seriously, I just got the vivoactive cause the fenix3 on my wrist for hours of running oisses me off if recommend it but anyways what is your heart rate at when it starts saying your burning fat ? How big are you just curious

I'm about 6'1 213lbs 30 years old. Fat burning for me is like 120-130 something like that

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question I appreciate it.

I'm doing steady state elliptical. 10 incline 10 resistance. I'm burning about 5-600 plus calories. 4-5 miles

That sounds just about perfect to me bro. I generally go for a 500-600 calorie burn per session myself usually in 30-40 minutes

thats a good burn... i try to be about 1200 per day but i go way overboard what most would or should do... in general, thats a great range brother... nice work...

keep in mind, steady state is also great for several reasons... 1. you get an excellent sweat going and that rids your body of toxins, which helps in so many ways... 2. you build your endurance which allows for max output when lifting...3. your building legs the entire process 4. when doing something like the elliptical, your using full body for your training for a very long duration... need i say more?

Top Bottom