napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Gyno off cycle - with lab work

Drzaius7

Hey brothers. I could use some help.

Due to a traumatic life event right at the conclusion of my last cycle in August, my body crashed. I took 100mcg of Triptorelin (which I have used in the past with success) as my only PCT.

I ended up in the hospital with a serious infection from a dog bite and was pumped full of IV antibiotics and pain meds. I had no appetite and was unable to workout due to the injury and I lost about 20lb.

Within 3-4 weeks of my Triptorelin inject (at which point all eaters had totally cleared my body)
I suddenly had the worst gyno flare of my life. It was incredibly painful with plenty of swelling. It took 2 weeks on Letro at 2.5mg/day. With 40mg Nolva.
I contacted my doc and he would only agree to test my testosterone levels despite my pleading to test Estradiol and Prolactin.

In any even the Total Test result came back at 204. Everything on CBC was normal including my thyroid.
Doc claimed my testosterone was within normal range and left it at that.

Finally my gyno stopped hurting and swelling and I stayed on AI (either 2.5mg Letro OR 1mg Arimidex per day) and 40 mg Nolva for about 4-6 weeks in an attempt to shrink the gyno that just formed and to increase my natural test production.

I tapered off the AI’s and Serms for one week and felt fine gyno wise, went and saw PA and asked him to run new blood work. This was done on December 13th and results were:

Total Test: 150
Free Test: 23.1 pg/ml
LH: 1.1 mlU/ml
Estradiol: 22

After 8 days or so without any kind of anti-estrogen my gyno came roaring back and for 10 days I was swollen and in pain. I started 12.5mg/ day of aromasin and 40mg/Nolva to get it under control. I had to bump the aromasin to 25mg/ day for pain to stop and swelling to subside.
I then added 100mg/day clomid to help kickstart my natural test.

I was referred to a Urologist for low testosterone and she said I needed one more test first thing in the morning for insurance to cover therapy.
Had that done on Jan 2nd and she agreed to check my prolactin. Here are the results that just came in:

Total Test: 190.3
Prolactin: .3 ng/ml

I hate the idea of being on TRT the rest of my life as I’m only 38 but my bigger concern is what is causing my gyno??
Thought it might be prolactin but that’s very low.

Could my body just be so estrogen sensitive that when my testosterone is so low my gyno flares up?

Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

this is clearly an odd situation... your estradiol is just fine judging by your bloodwork so im not sure if there was an issue with your last cycle, because you didnt mention exactly what you ran but if there wasn't, then you need to find a good endocrinologist and discuss that with them... not just a random family doctor... they are generally not well versed on any of this

I have a referral to an endocrinologist but the appointment isn’t until February 18th.

Do you think the gyno could be simply from low test?
It’s odd that I need large doses of AI’s to keep it in check when I have very low testosterone levels.
Could I be hyper sensitive?

My last cycle was Test E 500mg/week with Mast E at 400mg/week.

All of a sudden mid cycle I had my pubertal gyno flare up pretty bad. Which led me to drop the Masteron in case it wasn’t really Masteron and drop the Test E and switch over to 300mg/week of Test Prop.

Even then my gyno was pop up if I wasn’t taking an AI or SERM. This was odd given dosages like this never had this affect on gyno before.

Don't have anything to add. Please keep us posted what happens.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I’m considering starting TRT to get testosterone within normal ranges and try to taper off all Anti-E’s

I know if I drop the anti e’s now my gyno will flare up as I’ve tried twice.

I have a referral to an endocrinologist but the appointment isn’t until February 18th.

Do you think the gyno could be simply from low test?
It’s odd that I need large doses of AI’s to keep it in check when I have very low testosterone levels.
Could I be hyper sensitive?

My last cycle was Test E 500mg/week with Mast E at 400mg/week.

All of a sudden mid cycle I had my pubertal gyno flare up pretty bad. Which led me to drop the Masteron in case it wasn’t really Masteron and drop the Test E and switch over to 300mg/week of Test Prop.

Even then my gyno was pop up if I wasn’t taking an AI or SERM. This was odd given dosages like this never had this affect on gyno before.
i would highly doubt that being the cause

I did have an ultrasound of my chest and X-ray and all came back clean. No tumors, just tissue and fat.

Some antibiotics will actually lower estrogen. This is why women on birth control have to be careful with certain types of antibiotics. While waiting to Feb might seem like a long time, the chances of your gyno changing much in that short of time is unlikely, especially when not on supra-dosages.

When it flares up it’s incredibly painful, just on the left side and it really swells up.
It’s hard to describe. It’s the kind of pain / awkward feeling that drives you completely insane. A painful dull ache

Very interesting I’m wondering since your test is at 150 and your estrogen is at 22 which is normal if your test is above 300-500 maybe the body is all out of wack since it is always trying to maintain balance? So say you test level was at 500 with estrogen at 60 yout body might think the estrogen is to high for the amount of Test you have ? Idk if I really explained myself the right way lol.0

Very interesting I’m wondering since your test is at 150 and your estrogen is at 22 which is normal if your test is above 300-500 maybe the body is all out of wack since it is always trying to maintain balance? So say you test level was at 500 with estrogen at 60 yout body might think the estrogen is to high for the amount of Test you have ? Idk if I really explained myself the right way lol.0

I understand what you are trying to say.... the estrogen / testosterone balance is out of whack.

Although estradiol at 22 is ‘normal’ my testosterone being at 150 or 192 is incredibly low therefore making my Estradiol reading actually pretty high.

Which could be causing the gyno....

Theoretically if I could raise my testosterone to a normal level the gyno would stop....

you try whatever you feel man... its your body, and if you think thats the cause, then you do what you feel is best...

I called to see if my Endo had a cancellation as my appointment isn’t until end of February.
They had one and now I’m going this Tuesday at 1pm
Amen

Saw the Endo.
He had no idea what’s causing the gyno. Gave me a script for Clomid at 50mg/day in an attempt to restart my own production and referred me to a surgeon for gyno removal.

He doesn’t think my low testosterone is causing it via estrogen out of balance compared to testosterone.

Re-do labs in a month but wants me off all AI’s, etc
Which I’m not sure I can do. I was 12 hours late on my aromasin dose yesterday and my chest started to swell...

Top Bottom