napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Farmer's Walks

zeke

Who remembers doing these? I still do them. You grab two 55lb dumbells and walk for about 150 feet as fast as you can. Three sets and you will know that you have done something. For those who don't know they are called farmers walks because diary farmers often loaded their 5 gallon stainless steel milk cans and walked with one in each hand to the truck. The milk trucks drove from farm to farm picking up milk and paying cash for it. If the milk was not in a milk can they would not accept it. I would say the can plus milk is 60lbs. Try them sometimes.They are kind of like deadlifts in that you feel it all over. Traps get hit hard, and so does grip strength.

Milk Can 501-020 5 gallon.jpg

Who remembers doing these? I still do them. You grab two 55lb dumbells and walk for about 150 feet as fast as you can. Three sets and you will know that you have done something. For those who don't know they are called farmers walks because diary farmers often loaded their 5 gallon stainless steel milk cans and walked with one in each hand to the truck. The milk trucks drove from farm to farm picking up milk and paying cash for it. If the milk was not in a milk can they would not accept it. I would say the can plus milk is 60lbs. Try them sometimes.They are kind of like deadlifts in that you feel it all over. Traps get hit hard, and so does grip strength.

View attachment 1512

i used to do these often... these are hardcore for sure... if you want to wake your legs and body up, give these a try... =)

Just started doing them again. Love them. The Trap Bar works perfectly to load up some good weight and make a couple laps around the gym.

i used to do these often... these are hardcore for sure... if you want to wake your legs and body up, give these a try... =)

What is that?! Farmers walks are fun. I don't do them but when doing actual work and carrying heavy stuff it's a fun way to challenge myself. Mostly in the army when unloading duffle bad or ammo cans or trying to get all the groceries in with one trip. Fun stuff.

I do them once a week after back. I usually use the 55's and I'll walk about 25meters do 20 shrugs four times without dropping the weights and I'll do that for 5 rounds

Sometimes I do these, but not on purpose, because I end up having to carry dBs halfway across the gym when it's crowded to find an empty spot with a bench lol

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Love these.. I do these quite often. On calf days I'll grab 80lb dumbbells and walk on my toes. Murders my calves.

Love doing these. Do them with torpedoes or the brief cases all the time. Il usually go up to 160lbs ea. Do them outside so I just go around the lot till I can't hold it any longer.
One of my favorite excersises. Especially for grip strength and forearms.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sometimes I do these, but not on purpose, because I end up having to carry dBs halfway across the gym when it's crowded to find an empty spot with a bench lol

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Lmao the "unintentional farmers walk".

I've always liked the farmers walk. I don't do them often these days but I love the idea of picking up heavy shit and walking with it.

I haven't done these in a long time, but man are they challenging. They would be a great addition to a GPP cardio program :).

I will say one thing...this is where EQ shines. You know how you finally cannot hold on to them any longer? EQ is one of the few things that greatly effects grip strength. I do 60 when not on eq but do 80lb and more on eq

Top Bottom