napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cycle - New member, long time viewer

Thank you brother, I appreciate it. I don't want to waste anyone's time here and appreciate any help and the kind words.

I have been doing massage for many years (used to do chiro but learned that's not helping). Found a great therapist who does a lot of active release, acupuncture + stim and doesn't just grind your muscle for an hour (which I used to think was the best). Haven't done cupping though. Any personal success there?

I have tried so many things for my squat, believe me. Different position (V, sumo, standard, high bar, low bar), lightening the weights to try and get volume in, different resistances. Constantly critiquing and taping my form to review. These knees don't seem to GAF how I squat. I will train them for 1-2 months and then they will ache constantly until I stop for a few weeks. I will say that I don't believe I've tried training them lightly for a month, taking 2 weeks off, coming back training moderately heavier, resting 2 weeks and working up that way. Given my history, this might work? I have to figure something out if I want to compete.

Thanks again,

J

Yeah, I've had success with cupping. All of the things you mentioned actually. ART, acupuncture, stim......

You just may not be built for squats. I'm not either. I supplement with other things.

Try splitting up quads on one day and glutes/hams 3-4 days later. I compete in Men's Physique and a lot of guys neglect legs in MPD. Big mistake.

Hey. Thanks brotha! Always good to meet some fellow Canadians as well! I’m 29. Been to the doctor, had an MRI and the knee doc says it’s micro tears and can’t see anything majorly wrong with them. cartilage in good shape. I’ve had bad knees since as long as I can remember and cannt figure out what the issue is. It just flares up real easily. Most recently I was doing sumo deads with maybe 85% and felt it pop and instantly swole up and couldn’t bend or put much weight on it for a week days. Still recovering from that but not as bad as I thought it would be. I stretch and roll more than anyone I known so it’s not for lack of flexibility or tightness. Maybe that’s my problem, too loose?! Ha. Any advice and I would
Be more than happy to listen

Cartilage in good shape would rule out rheumatoid arthritis, especially at your age. Let me get back to you in a couple of days. I am not a Dr. but have family members that might help you.

Yeah, I've had success with cupping. All of the things you mentioned actually. ART, acupuncture, stim......

You just may not be built for squats. I'm not either. I supplement with other things.

Try splitting up quads on one day and glutes/hams 3-4 days later. I compete in Men's Physique and a lot of guys neglect legs in MPD. Big mistake.
cupping has been huge for me, just huge!

I have naturally thick legs and calves which makes it even more frustrating. I used to do legs more often and have never stopped doing glutes and hams becuase I have lots to do that doesn’t bother the knee there. I am mainly missing out on the quads exercises because I haven’t found much to not bug it unless I go moderate to light weight. Which of course I can still do and grow from. But ever since starting power lifting it’s been hard Togo back to 50-60% ranges for extended periods of time. Any advice for some quad exercises you like doing EZ?

As for cupping. What have you guys noticed? Issues before and success after? Will definitely look into it. It’s very new here and not many are doing it that I’ve heard of. But I’m sure I could find someone if I look hard enough. I’ve been to most therapists in town before finding my guy.

I have naturally thick legs and calves which makes it even more frustrating. I used to do legs more often and have never stopped doing glutes and hams becuase I have lots to do that doesn’t bother the knee there. I am mainly missing out on the quads exercises because I haven’t found much to not bug it unless I go moderate to light weight. Which of course I can still do and grow from. But ever since starting power lifting it’s been hard Togo back to 50-60% ranges for extended periods of time. Any advice for some quad exercises you like doing EZ?

As for cupping. What have you guys noticed? Issues before and success after? Will definitely look into it. It’s very new here and not many are doing it that I’ve heard of. But I’m sure I could find someone if I look hard enough. I’ve been to most therapists in town before finding my guy.

I go with V-squats, Hack squat machine, smith split lunges (love it) leg press....you may just have to abandon the PL philosophy on quad day. If you can still grow otherwise....

Cupping lossens up tight muscle. I had some minor soft tissue damage in my left bicep and then noticed the same thing (to a lesser degree) in my right. Had cupping done on my back, shoulder, and both bi's for the 1st time and felt like superman the next day on back day.

The more black and blue you get the better.

I'm due to go next week again.

Did I text you that picture of my bicep and shoulder from the last time I had it done?
yea, i have it... i had it done the first time about two months ago... i had sever issues with my groin coming from pain on the outside of my leg for over a month and i was literally still running on it every day but i was to the point where it was making me so sick i was ready to throw up after every run but still kept pushing it... then i found a new massage therapist and i shit you not, she put the cupping on there and in two days the pain was gone... same thing on a tricep injury i had a month later... gone in two days... that shit is no joke

yea, i have it... i had it done the first time about two months ago... i had sever issues with my groin coming from pain on the outside of my leg for over a month and i was literally still running on it every day but i was to the point where it was making me so sick i was ready to throw up after every run but still kept pushing it... then i found a new massage therapist and i shit you not, she put the cupping on there and in two days the pain was gone... same thing on a tricep injury i had a month later... gone in two days... that shit is no joke

Cupping and acupuncture are awesome, oriental dudes have been doing this for thousands of years, the challenging part is finding the right therapist because there are a lot of fakes out there. Same applies to massage therapy, It can work wonders, I am dead serious

Cupping and acupuncture are awesome, oriental dudes have been doing this for thousands of years, the challenging part is finding the right therapist because there are a lot of fakes out there. Same applies to massage therapy, It can work wonders, I am dead serious
i get a weekly massage now, no bull shit because i was just a huge mess without it... nagging injuries non stop considering all the abuse i put my body through and not that im old but the older you get, every damn year, its just requires more maintenance

I will definitely ask my guy about cupping next time. I don't think he does it but I am sure he would know someone who does and I would trust his recommendations if he knows someone, otherwise I am sure he wouldn't recommend them. All these success stories really makes me wanna get it done asap. He has done a great job with all other techniques, so hopefully he will get trained in it soon. thanks guys!

I will definitely ask my guy about cupping next time. I don't think he does it but I am sure he would know someone who does and I would trust his recommendations if he knows someone, otherwise I am sure he wouldn't recommend them. All these success stories really makes me wanna get it done asap. He has done a great job with all other techniques, so hopefully he will get trained in it soon. thanks guys!
yes brother... i honestly didnt even know that she was going to do it when i went in... i was just hoping for help with sports massage and as soon as i showed her the injury, she used them and man am i ever thankful...

Cartilage in good shape would rule out rheumatoid arthritis, especially at your age. Let me get back to you in a couple of days. I am not a Dr. but have family members that might help you.

Hi SwolyGinger, just spoke to an orthopedic surgeon, he tells me its impossible to provide any significant advice without seeing you in person. However you could try getting a heat pad and putting in on your knees 10 minutes prior to doing squats. You can also get a prescription for Diclofenac 10% and menthol 1% in lipoderm. Its kinda pricey but great for your joints. OTC voltaren 1 or 2% OTC, is an option as well. Good luck buddy

Thanks brotha. My ortho basically said rest it for 6 months and see if it heals... Clearly he doesn’t lift. I rested it for 2 months fairly well but it made no difference once I started to try and squat again. I use voltarin and ibuprofen on achy joints usually but it doesn’t do much for the knees. Mainly elbows I use that for. I’ll certainly try heating them up next time I go for squats and see what happens. Thanks for all the advice fellas. It’s very helpful.

Thanks brotha. My ortho basically said rest it for 6 months and see if it heals... Clearly he doesn’t lift. I rested it for 2 months fairly well but it made no difference once I started to try and squat again. I use voltarin and ibuprofen on achy joints usually but it doesn’t do much for the knees. Mainly elbows I use that for. I’ll certainly try heating them up next time I go for squats and see what happens. Thanks for all the advice fellas. It’s very helpful.

Ask your pharmacist if they can order Finalgon or Fonalgon for you...it's a German ointment that is generally used in South America in horse racing, but that is also available for humans at a different concentration that is. You just need one drop mixed with some OTC ointment to get your knees warm and numb. Diclofenac is the generic for Voltaren. You can buy Voltaren otc but the concentration is 1-2%. The rx my brother-in law recommends is 10% diclofenac. Good luck.

Top Bottom