napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Considering a Recomp, Have a Few Questions

gettingfit8522

Dylan, Rick, all,

1st, I want to say thanks for putting out all the great info on this site...really appreciate it.

I'm pretty well-versed with cutting, but when it comes to trying a recomp, my knowledge is limited so I'm hoping you guys can answer a few questions that I have.

My stats:

6'1''
roughly 15% body fat
"intermediate" lifter
My goal is to put on a few lbs (or stay the same weight) and cut down my bf % to say 12-13.

As part of this recomp, I'm considering the following SARMs cycle:

1-12 GW-501516 (CARDARINE) 20 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.
1-12 LGD 4033 (LIGANDROL) 10 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.
1-12 S4 (ANDARINE) 50 mg day... split doses... 25 mg in the a.m. and 25 mg 4-6 hours later

Mini pct 13-16

clomid 50/25/25/25
gw-501516 20 mg day

1) I've done a little bit of research on recomping, and it appears the only time it really happens is if the person is a) a newbie lifter, b) really overweight, or c) on roids. I know SARMs don't provide the same benefits as roids, but assuming I add these SARMs in during my recomp, is it possible to complete a decent recomp given the fact I'm neither a newbie or overweight?

2) My diet is on point. I track everything every day, and I weigh myself every morning to ensure I'm tracking my progress the best I can. As I mentioned already though, I'm not well-versed in recomping so where should I start my caloric intake in relation to maintenance calories? I apologize if this is a dumb question, but do you need to be in a deficit to accomplish a recomp?

3) As far as tracking progress, I know everybody is different, but generally speaking, do most people gain/lose/stay the same weight when doing a recomp? I ask because as I stated, I track my weight daily so I'm wondering how to track progress (other than simply looking in the mirror) regarding the scale. Obviously this is important because it will play into whether or not I need to adjust my calories/macros during the 12-week recomp.

4) How much cardio should I do?

Once again, thanks for the help!

Hello, recomp is definetly possible with your stats.It gets harder when your bf gets to 10-11% or lower but at 15% your body will surely give up bf without a lot of effort.A few tips from my experience:

-Your calories have to be ~maintenance or a small deficit (10-15%) and your protein intake has to be quite high (~2g/lbs of lean body mass , which in your case would mean 200-15%=170*2=340).Adjust carbs and fats as you feel you respond better but i'd suggest more carbs and less fats,that's what works for me).Carbs should be mostly complex (you can have a few high GI ones around your workout time i.e - a banana pre workout/a tablespoon of honey post workout)
-Make sure you do everything you can do maintain or even improve your strength on the big lifts.Reduce training volume/frequency if you start losing strength and don't recover properly
-Cardio has to be HIIT
-And lastly , LGD is best for bulking but i think for a recomp mk 2866 or RAD 140 would be better choices.

yes of course you can recomp... im not too sure where you are getting your info but for someone to say you need to be overweight or a new lifter to recomp is so ridiculous its laughable... first of all, being overweight makes it extremely difficult... the last thing an overweight person should ever consider is recomping... sarms are perfect for it in terms of their capabilities but your diet and training have to be on point in a major way... generally i start 150 calories below maintenance for a recomp and go from there but there is no cookie cutter answer... everyone is different and you have to figure out what works for you... i would do cardio 3-4 times a week 30-45 minutes per day but once again, there is no cookie cutter answer... if recomping was that easy where one answer just worked then everyone would do it... its not easy at all and part of it is because you have to learn your own body through trial and error...

Recomping is very individual, just like steroid response.

I’m genetically predisposed to recomp. What that means is cutting provides little benefit unless coupled with weight lifting which causes recomping. Fat oxidation is basically stalled unless I do HIIT or heavy strength training. Diet alone and cardio I get drowsy but no fat loss. This genetic difference is both a blessing and a curse.

That being said, there are many reasons recomp is better at lower body fat. Healthier, steroids less severe on the organs, more muscle gains, better endurance, etc. if you are over 15%, recomp should not be on your mind.
Now is a good testing phase where you get yourself in the best fitness and health so when you go the steroid route (or just stick with sarms), it will be a happier experience both in the short run and in the long run.

One thing about this forum is we actually care your health. A lot of forums out there don’t.

I would suggest you focus on bulking or cutting. "Recomp" is a sexy term thrown around way too much by trainers to give the average joe the false belief that they can build muscle and lose fat at the same time. With AAS (especially tren) this certainly happens to a degree but that is far too advanced and not suitable for most people.

For your goals I would cut. Focus on lifting heavy to maintain strength (3-5 reps), eat at a deficit, and mix in cardio. When you lose fat your muscles have the illusion of appearing larger. This is not to be confused with gaining muscle. Keep it simple

I did a 2 year cut/recomp where I ate 250 below maintenance and some days at maintenance. Cardio every day, weights 5 days a week and I went from 20% bf down to 12%. You can do a slow recomp but it takes a long time. Fat loss while reshaping and adding a few lbs of lean muscle.

I use PED's as a tool to get me to the gym every day and to increase the effectiveness of my workouts. I don't see dramatic changes on and off cycle because I don't eat a lot. I'm ok with that being bulking is not my goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom