napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Coach

JeffFran

Hey guys . I will start to work with a coach. He has won the Nationals and the overall in my country and he's a good guy. He wants me to bulk for around 4 or 5 months and then cutting for another 4 months or so it all depends on the results. My question is... In the last 16 weeks I've been cutting , I am currently 160lbs but not shredded , I am around 15 body fat (There is not accurate place to measure here)... My big concern is that I might gain too much fat.. But if we decided to cut I would look like a fucking skinny skinny guy ... What do you guys think? My diet will be around 300g carbs, 65g fats , 320g protein , is it too much?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Hey guys . I will start to work with a coach. He has won the Nationals and the overall in my country and he's a good guy. He wants me to bulk for around 4 or 5 months and then cutting for another 4 months or so it all depends on the results. My question is... In the last 16 weeks I've been cutting , I am currently 160lbs but not shredded , I am around 15 body fat (There is not accurate place to measure here)... My big concern is that I might gain too much fat.. But if we decided to cut I would look like a fucking skinny skinny guy ... What do you guys think? My diet will be around 300g carbs, 65g fats , 320g protein , is it too much?

how tall are you? i would never recommend bulking at 15% body fat... you should be trying to recomp if anything right now... you should absolutely not be bulking... im sorry but thats very poor coaching from him...

how tall are you? i would never recommend bulking at 15% body fat... you should be trying to recomp if anything right now... you should absolutely not be bulking... im sorry but thats very poor coaching from him...

I am 5ft11 or 6ft ... 1.82m

Maybe I'll talk to him tomorrow and say that I rather lean out before starting bulking and gaining mass

Maybe I'll talk to him tomorrow and say that I rather lean out before starting bulking and gaining mass

if your only 160 lbs. at that height and your 15% body fat, something has to be very off with your diet brother.. you need to focus on cleaning everything up and tightening up all the problem areas you have... you need to get cardio going 4-5 times a week, 30-45 minutes per day but your food intake has to accommodate this as well as your type of training in conjunction with the right compounds that preserve muscle while cutting... once you get your body fat down in that 10-12% range, then you start going for size the right way...

if your only 160 lbs. at that height and your 15% body fat, something has to be very off with your diet brother.. you need to focus on cleaning everything up and tightening up all the problem areas you have... you need to get cardio going 4-5 times a week, 30-45 minutes per day but your food intake has to accommodate this as well as your type of training in conjunction with the right compounds that preserve muscle while cutting... once you get your body fat down in that 10-12% range, then you start going for size the right way...

Dylan I swear to god that nothing is off with my diet. My macros are on point, I don't have any cheat day or cheat meal whatsoever , carbs are medium to low, I do cardio , my calorie intake was in a deficit while dieting.. But I couldn't lose more fat, I've run bloodwork and my T4 is only 0.78 and that might be the problem because I was training, doing cardio, deficit intake and proper rest.. I lost around 7lbs while doing this but there I hit a plateau and something could not be right with me... Then I reverse diet for 4 weeks until now .. Maybe I'll talk to him and express myself ... Saying that I don't like the way I look, and I want to be leaner before bulking up... Thanks for everything Dylan , I have a low self esteem and it's hard to be mentally strong despite being in other areas of my life

I personally would do yourself a favor and get into better condition before bulking, regardless of your weight. You will gain muscle more effectively and efficiently if you are in that kind of shape before trying to add mass. When you are lean you make better gains, and that is fact. Anybody saying different is nothing but nonsense.

You definitely need a good diet plan. If your diet is on point there's no reason to be undersized for very long. You should be able to make great gains, because right now you are very undersized for your height.

Well results dont lie OP. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your current condition tells me 1 of two things. 1... you either dont know how to eat for muscle growth and recovery or 2... you dont know how to train. At 6 ft 160 pounds you are underweight and in need of adjustment somewhere. Sorry to come off brash but this is just my honest opinion.

Dylan I swear to god that nothing is off with my diet. My macros are on point, I don't have any cheat day or cheat meal whatsoever , carbs are medium to low, I do cardio , my calorie intake was in a deficit while dieting.. But I couldn't lose more fat, I've run bloodwork and my T4 is only 0.78 and that might be the problem because I was training, doing cardio, deficit intake and proper rest.. I lost around 7lbs while doing this but there I hit a plateau and something could not be right with me... Then I reverse diet for 4 weeks until now .. Maybe I'll talk to him and express myself ... Saying that I don't like the way I look, and I want to be leaner before bulking up... Thanks for everything Dylan , I have a low self esteem and it's hard to be mentally strong despite being in other areas of my life

dont get down on yourself bro, its all fixable, i assure you... just because something works for one does not necessarily mean it works for another... so there needs to be tweaks and changes made... why dont you post your normal daily diet so we can see it...

dont get down on yourself bro, its all fixable, i assure you... just because something works for one does not necessarily mean it works for another... so there needs to be tweaks and changes made... why dont you post your normal daily diet so we can see it...
Cutting diet: (The one I was doing by myself)

Meal:
2 whole eggs
1 scoop of whey
30g oatmeal

200/250g chicken
100g sweet potato or potato/60g of brown rice
Green beans
Tomato

Post workout:
1.5 scoops whey
Banana
30g oatmeal

1 scoop whey
Whole bread
Cheese or cottage cheese

200/250g chicken or fish
150g Broccoli
Salad

Last bulking diet:( not really remember)

1 scoop whey
200mg egg whites and 1 whole egg
60g oatmeal
Omega 3
Bcaas

Whole bread
Tuna
1 scoop whey

200g meat
100g rice
Broccoli

200mg egg whites and 1 whole egg
1scoop whey

200g fish or meat
250g sweet potato or potato

Post workout:
2 scoop whey
Bcaas
30/50g vitargo
Banana

Diet my coach gave me:

20g Whey
60g Oatmeal
200mg Egg Whites and 2 Whole Eggs
Omega 3
Multivitamin

50g Whey
60g Oatmeal

200g Chicken
60g Rice or White Rice
Salad
Omega 3

Whole Bread
Tuna

200g Fish
300g Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes
1 Omega 3

200g Beef
60g Rice or White Rice
30g Peanuts

Before Bed: 5g Bcaa's and Glutamine

PO:
50g Protein
10g BCAA's
10g Glutamine
10g Creatine
Banana

4 Liters of Water a day

Last edited:
Well results dont lie OP. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your current condition tells me 1 of two things. 1... you either dont know how to eat for muscle growth and recovery or 2... you dont know how to train. At 6 ft 160 pounds you are underweight and in need of adjustment somewhere. Sorry to come off brash but this is just my honest opinion.

I started horribly bro. 6ft and 143lbs with 25 body fat ... I've done good improvements but not how much I would like to ...

I personally would do yourself a favor and get into better condition before bulking, regardless of your weight. You will gain muscle more effectively and efficiently if you are in that kind of shape before trying to add mass. When you are lean you make better gains, and that is fact. Anybody saying different is nothing but nonsense.

You definitely need a good diet plan. If your diet is on point there's no reason to be undersized for very long. You should be able to make great gains, because right now you are very undersized for your height.

It has been always my dilemma.. Should I cut down or bulk up.. Starting at 143 lbs and 25 body fat it's quite bad to be honest.. And in this time I've gained weight and dropped body fat.. However, I'm not in good shape at least in my eyes.. People compliment me about how I've changed but when I see in the mirror i don't really like what I see even though I'm much better.. That's why I've never decided very well my goal.. Not having good size but having a high or moderate body fat, it's hard to decide when you are alone in this journey as I've been for this long time.. Everything I've learned was by myself , and sometimes it's hard to get good info since there are so many bro science theories and guys who think they know what they're talking about.. In the beginning people said I needed a weight gainer and I've done it for 6 months or more, my lucky night have been that I was starting out so I could gain muscle and lose fat but in this last year and half or so I've changed my diet and training , and I'm really focus on everything , it's my priority

Well you have certainly made a lot of improvements bro. Congrats on that and I think everyone can agree that is a very good start. Heres something to start with... not sure if it was answered or addressed yet but why exactly do you have a coach? I understa d you want/need help in an area but are you looking to compete? Are you just wanting to look and feel better? There is a pretty large difference in someone that will train you simply to get in shape and someone who has the mindset of a bodybuilder with a competitive background. At this point I would just evaluate yourself and your goals and take small steps towards realizing them. If your macros are on point but your not gaining.. then ypur macros are not on point if thats your goal. You need to twrak something. If your training is intense then maybe uou neef to be more intense. The results are ypurs to grab and there is no cookie cutter so if youre doing what you think is enough and not getting the results you want, then its time to redefine whats enough. Thats my two cents.

Also have you had your test levels checked? Have you been cycling? Again... im not sure if you mentioned this directly. I may have missed it

Based on the numbers you provided, your making progress. You were at 143LBS/25%BF that computes to 107.25LBS LBM and 35.75LBS of Fat. Now your at 160LBS/15%BF so that computes to 136LBS LBM and 24LBS of Fat. So that's a 28.75LB increase in muscle and a loss of 11.75LBS of fat. That's impressive and some serious progress. This stuff just takes time and consistency. I would continue cutting as others have said until your down around 12%BF. I can relate to the bulk/cut dilemma.....being at a point where you need to loose more fat, but are already feeling skinny as fuck. That's where I'm at now myself. I'm 5'10, 170 and 9%BF, nearing the end of my last mini cut before I start my 6 month bulk in December. I feel skinny and look skinny with my shirt on, but its only temporary. It's mostly mental, you got to push on through and get that fat off.

Well you have certainly made a lot of improvements bro. Congrats on that and I think everyone can agree that is a very good start. Heres something to start with... not sure if it was answered or addressed yet but why exactly do you have a coach? I understa d you want/need help in an area but are you looking to compete? Are you just wanting to look and feel better? There is a pretty large difference in someone that will train you simply to get in shape and someone who has the mindset of a bodybuilder with a competitive background. At this point I would just evaluate yourself and your goals and take small steps towards realizing them. If your macros are on point but your not gaining.. then ypur macros are not on point if thats your goal. You need to twrak something. If your training is intense then maybe uou neef to be more intense. The results are ypurs to grab and there is no cookie cutter so if youre doing what you think is enough and not getting the results you want, then its time to redefine whats enough. Thats my two cents.

Also have you had your test levels checked? Have you been cycling? Again... im not sure if you mentioned this directly. I may have missed it

My initial goal is to feel better and be in a better shape but I would like to compete in Men's Physique in a future, but I know that I have a large road... But first I need to be in the right condition and only then compete because If I will compete my goal is to win the competition that I am competing, at least give my everything to that competition...
I have put my diet for you guys to check If it seems good or not... I train very intensely I might say, 20 to 60s rest between sets and around 15 sets per body part...
My test levels were quite good
My results were:

RBC: 5,41 - Range: 4,5-6,5
Hemoglobin: 15,8 Range: 13,0-18,0
Hematocrit: 47,3 Range: 40,0-54,0
MCV: 87,5 Range: 78,0-97,0
MCH: 29,3 Range: 27,0- 34,0
MCHC: 33,5 Range: 31,0-37,0
Platelets: 177 Range: 150- 500
WBC: 5,1 Range: 4,0-10,0
Neutrophils: 2,73 Range: 1,5-7,0
Lymphocytes: 1,96 Range: 0,8-4,0
Eosinophils: 0,03 Range: <0,4
Basophils: 0,04 Range: <0,3
Monocytes: 0,36 Range: <1,2

Glycaemia: 73 Range: <100

Creatinine: 1,06 Range: <1,25
Total Cholesterol: 193 Range: <200
Cholesterol HDL: 48 Range: >40

Atherogenic Index: 4,02 Range: <5,0

Triglycerides: 53 Range: <150
AST: 20 Range: <34
ALT: 19 Range: <55

Free T4: 0,78 Range: 0,70-1,48
TSH: 1,56 Range: 0,35-4,94

Total Testosterone: 7.18 ng/ml

Based on the numbers you provided, your making progress. You were at 143LBS/25%BF that computes to 107.25LBS LBM and 35.75LBS of Fat. Now your at 160LBS/15%BF so that computes to 136LBS LBM and 24LBS of Fat. So that's a 28.75LB increase in muscle and a loss of 11.75LBS of fat. That's impressive and some serious progress. This stuff just takes time and consistency. I would continue cutting as others have said until your down around 12%BF. I can relate to the bulk/cut dilemma.....being at a point where you need to loose more fat, but are already feeling skinny as fuck. That's where I'm at now myself. I'm 5'10, 170 and 9%BF, nearing the end of my last mini cut before I start my 6 month bulk in December. I feel skinny and look skinny with my shirt on, but its only temporary. It's mostly mental, you got to push on through and get that fat off.

I have never did the maths too check that out but reading it.. It kinda seems impressive progress! You have been there as I am right now and you might know the fucking dilemma and it makes me crazy as hell, because I just do not know what to do.. Some people say I should gain muscle before cutting, some say otherwise...
My coach who's a very experience guy in bodybuilding field adviced me that we should up the calories, 300g carbs, 65g Fats, 300g Protein and wait 4 weeks to see my progress how much weight I gained and then make some adjustments and If I do not like the results we could cut first...
3 months ago I asked here in the forum for help and they said that I should cut.. And so I did.. But my weight loss hit a plateau, I could not lose any more fat whatsoever being in 2000kcal and doing 30m cardio per day sometimes even more... I could just not understand how it was possible.. Then I decided to Reverse diet as you guys advised me (I am still doing it) and I checked my thyroid results and bloodwork in general too see If something was wrong and my T4 Levels are quite low(I did the test while reverse dieting so it might have been even lower while cutting) and that's maybe why I couldn't lose any more fat..

Well just keep working hard then bro. If youre doing what youre saying then you should continue to make progress. JJut be patient. It will come

yep don't give up for sure I mean try your coaches advice obvi he is looking at more than pics than all of us. and he is also working out with you correct? just don't quit keep making tweeks here and there and it will work out eventually like I think I told you before I stalled out at 214 on a cut for almost 2 months then all of a sudden I started losing again

Just keep hitting it hard man. Believe it or not I was a very hard gainer myself but I overcame it and worked my ass off with my diet and training. I was 130 lbs for a,long time in my 20s, and then got to 140, then 150, etc....and this was all way before starting my first cycle at 36. I was about 185 and 17 or 18% bodyfat when I ran my cycle which was just a prohormone. I soon realized I needed to be in better condition but was scared to go back down in weight. However, I got myself to 10% bodyfat at about 162 lbs at 37 years old.

I'm now 42, 193 lbs and about 7% bodyfat.

It just takes time man. It's a,marathon not a sprint

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Top Bottom