napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cardio?

Sweetjones

Ok so now that I go to the gym later with the wife I have about an hour and 20 minutes s before she gets home after me. So can I do cardio for like 45 mins and then about 20 mins later head to the gym with her or is that to long of a break between? How long is to long I guess is my question between cardio and lifting. I'd like to do more sets while lifting and having to do my cardio at the gym when we go cuts out on my lifting time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely you can do that... bro, i do cardio every morning for 60 minutes... then i go to the gym 4 hours later, start with 20 more minutes of cardio then lifting...

Ok so now that I go to the gym later with the wife I have about an hour and 20 minutes s before she gets home after me. So can I do cardio for like 45 mins and then about 20 mins later head to the gym with her or is that to long of a break between? How long is to long I guess is my question between cardio and lifting. I'd like to do more sets while lifting and having to do my cardio at the gym when we go cuts out on my lifting time

There's nothing wrong with that at all. There's times I'll do am cardio an hour or so before heading to the gym

I will do some interval training in the morning. Eat a quick snack and then head to the gym. Personally i like cardio post lifting, feel like i get more out of my lifts when i do that. Probably just a pyscological thing though.

Dylan/Rick, thoughts on adding cardio post training? I have been adding 30-60min jogging
or 10degree incline treadmill 3mph AFTER my workout. Any pros/cons to this? in a perfect
world I would do cardio in AM and workout in PM but life/work so I combine in AM to get it
in.

I overshot on spring gain (45yr old, 6ft, 208 lbs) with calories (was running about 3000-3200
per my diet log). And I did my Dexascan 3 weeks and popped 19.6% BF so working to get
that sub 15% now. Calories been running ~2200-2700.

thanks. you guys are the yodas....

absolutely you can do that... bro, i do cardio every morning for 60 minutes... then i go to the gym 4 hours later, start with 20 more minutes of cardio then lifting...

I just wanna make sure I get the most out of my workouts

Dylan/Rick, thoughts on adding cardio post training? I have been adding 30-60min jogging
or 10degree incline treadmill 3mph AFTER my workout. Any pros/cons to this? in a perfect
world I would do cardio in AM and workout in PM but life/work so I combine in AM to get it
in.

I overshot on spring gain (45yr old, 6ft, 208 lbs) with calories (was running about 3000-3200
per my diet log). And I did my Dexascan 3 weeks and popped 19.6% BF so working to get
that sub 15% now. Calories been running ~2200-2700.

thanks. you guys are the yodas....
You really should do cardio pre weight training and not post. After weight training your muscles have been broken down and need fed glycogen and protein to recover.That should be your focus at that point versus breaking down muscle and glycogen even more with cardio. It could actually be counterproductive

Rick, thanks. Ugh, figured you would say that. I just seems like the energy (strength) is so much better on weights
before cardio. I know you guys know your stuff so going to switch it and try not to sweat all over the weights!

Seriously, thanks.

You really should do cardio pre weight training and not post. After weight training your muscles have been broken down and need fed glycogen and protein to recover.That should be your focus at that point versus breaking down muscle and glycogen even more with cardio. It could actually be counterproductive

I totally agree. You think you would be spent but it's all in your head. I can go hard and lift heavy as hell... even after 30-40min of cardio.

I've gotten the best results training in this format. I'm on the elliptical now, then Blasting legs.

I totally agree. You think you would be spent but it's all in your head. I can go hard and lift heavy as hell... even after 30-40min of cardio.

I've gotten the best results training in this format. I'm on the elliptical now, then Blasting legs.

I agree.Cardio before lifting just feels right.30min is the sweet spot for me.Anything more it affects my lifts.I'm sure GW would help with that though.

My thoughts as well. Post training, your main focus should be recovery.

I prefer to do my cardio away from training. I usually knock mine out first thing after waking on the days that I do cardio. Hit the gym later in the day.

Dylan's not a fan of fasted cardio.I'm almost positive he made a video on it.Personally it worked for me when I was on a ketogenic diet.Steady state cardio not HIIT.

I prefer to train Fasted. It is typically the first thing I do in the day, this includes Strength, HIIT, and Steady. I will then eat after. I find I am stronger, faster, and more explosive when fasted. This could be individual though.

Mobility
Days 1-5 Single lift: Heavy Weight Low Rep (1-3 per set: 10-15 total reps) w/Some Fast skipping(30-50 Rotation between sets), 2-3 min between sets
Days 1, and 5 I do a Barbell Complex (19min EMOM type format), Day 3 I do Steady State on a Assault Bike (19min, 200+kCal)
Skill Work (Double ended ball, Shadow boxing, Pad/Partner Drills)

I top up after. I have Training that night. I will try to leave 3-4 hours between eating and training (Classs).

Again, I found that this is what works for me.

I just did my first day of cardio first, then weights.

I'm now a believer. My HR monitor showed I burnt almost double the calories during my weight lifting. Plus I was stronger, and lifted better. And now feel totally wrecked, which is good.

Top Bottom