napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Accutane question

Reachingting

Anyone use accutane? What should i expect? What are the pro?s/cons. I don?t want to risk fertility etc.

I have it in my cabinet, I want to use it to treat bacne scars that hasn?t gone away in 2 years.

If a doctor hasn't prescribed it and is not monitoring your blood work I don't recommend it.

Read up all the side effects of accutane. If the acne is from steroid use then stop the steroid use if you cant deal with it. If you already have scars I dont believe accutane is going to make those go away though.

Accutane dries out oil glands killing acne and preventing it from coming back. It must be prescribed for long periods of time and is very toxic. It's so toxic its only recommended for severe acne where the risk is worth the reward. If you're looking to remove scars Retin A or another topical solution would be better advised.

I've used as a teenager, when. I was 14. Accutane kills your sebaceous glands. Your gland grows back after a certain time period. I'm currently running low dose isotretinoin 25mgs a day for 4 months. Dermatologists recommend 1 mg per kilo of bodyweight. Which is insane. I've had folliculitis in my scalp and chest, accutane is the only thing that works for it. Do your own research on it. I for one can def say that it works but only for those with extreme acne. Half the people that are prescribed def dont need it.

Anyone use accutane? What should i expect? What are the pro?s/cons. I don?t want to risk fertility etc.

I have it in my cabinet, I want to use it to treat bacne scars that hasn?t gone away in 2 years.
Your back acne might be folliculitis and not acne. No amount of antibiotics will kill folliculitis.

Top Bottom