napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

whey

naimullinon

when i should drink my whey protein shake?if i drink after workout i feel bloated.can i drink before i hit the gym?

You need protein after the workout, that is optimal. It's also very common for people to have a shake before workouts as well. I mean, have you already tried drinking it before? Because if it bloats you no matter what, you'll feel awful working out.

Try lactose free milk, or water with your shake. If you still feel bloated, it may just be the whey, and you'll want to try either a beef protein or vegan protein alternative. Egg protein as well.

First of all you DONT need to take whey protein in the first place.
Whey protein is a "Protein" supplement..no more.....no less...
Get your protein from whole foods whenever posible......

You can eat protein whenever you want just make sure to hit your macro value at the end of the day

Myth 5. You Must Consume Protein Immediately After A Workout

Forget to consume 30 grams of protein immediately following your last set of curls? Well, you can say goodbye to your gains! It sounds like a joke, but I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've heard that thought expressed in the gym.

The so-called "anabolic window" is a period of time after your training when your body is most primed to accept nutrients—specifically carbs and protein—and deliver them to your muscles to help with repair and recovery. While it was once thought this window was only open for 30-60 minutes post-workout, we now know that it exists for a much longer period of time. In fact, it extends several hours after you finish your training session.

When it comes to packing on muscle mass, it appears protein timing isn't as important as once thought. What seems to be more crucial is the amount of protein you're consuming throughout the day. Regular doses of around 30 grams of protein are usually sufficient to support the growth and recovery of your muscles. Although post-workout nutrition is important—it's a great time to maximize muscle growth when protein synthesis is at its highest—your focus should be on the bigger daily picture, not just 30 minutes post-workout.

"Nutrient timing has evolved to be inclusive of the total 24-hour day and respecting timely, adequate protein—which would include the post-workout period," says Wildman. "Clearly, the hours immediately following a workout represent a time when MPS can be increased the most; however, the same loyalty should be shown to protein throughout the day as well"

If timing your shake immediately post-workout helps you do it consistently, then do it! But there's definitely no need to count the minutes.

Last edited:
I would question the quality of your whey if it's bloating you. To answer your question, pre and post workout protein are both crucial. If the whey doesn't agree with you use a different protein source

Top Bottom