napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Is a pump important?

michael.valderrama

so I've been meaning to ask this question to some of the vets here on isarms, I've talked to numerous "gurus" online and at my gym and I've heard people say a pump isn't important that it's only blood in the muscle some say "u can get a pump by curling a 20 pound dumbbell 40 times" and I've heard people tell me a pump is very important due to amino acids and nutrients being forced into the muscle your hitting so is a pump important ? Thanks for your guys answers in advance !

Yes a pump is important not training just for a pump ( high volume light weight ) but training past failure will also cause a pump and you need too cause hypertrophy too the muscle and also pump it full of blood or ( nitrogen from amino acids and glucose and water ) all necessary for recovery and growth

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Yes a pump is important not training just for a pump ( high volume light weight ) but training past failure will also cause a pump and you need too cause hypertrophy too the muscle and also pump it full of blood or ( nitrogen from amino acids and glucose and water ) all necessary for recovery and growth

well said and i completely agree... this also falls into time under tension training as well, which delivers a huge pump, which is a type of negative you are performing...

You shouldn't base the quality or success of a workout on a pump but it defnitely has its benefits. Some days you will have better pumps than others and there are a lot of factors that goes into pumps like glycogen stores, water, and sodium levels.

the entire success of your workout does not depend on you getting a pump... is it beneficial, yes, is it make or break when it comes to your results, absolutely not

x 1,000........

If your training hard too failure and can not get a pump you need too reevaluate your nutrion . are you dieting for fat loss is so you need too adjust you macro nutrients either over all calories are too low or carbs need too be centered around training . If your on a keto no carb diet well STOP THAT. just my opinion

If your training hard too failure and can not get a pump you need too reevaluate your nutrion . are you dieting for fat loss is so you need too adjust you macro nutrients either over all calories are too low or carbs need too be centered around training . If your on a keto no carb diet well STOP THAT. just my opinion

Agreed. I don't know how some do it with no carbs. I feel like trash if they get too low and my training suffers.

This is from The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Several studies since this was published have pointed to the effectiveness of cell swelling and hypertrophic response.

CELL SWELLING
Cellular hydration (i.e., cell swelling) serves as a physiological regulator of cell function (65). It is known to simulate anabolic processes, both through increases in protein synthesis and decreases in proteolysis (53,120,165). Although a physiological basis linking cell swelling with an anabolic drive is yet to be determined, it is conceivable that increased pressure against the membrane is perceived as a threat to cellular integrity, which in turn causes the cell to initiate a signaling response that ultimately leads to reinforcement of its ultrastructure.
A hydrated cell has been shown to initiate a process that involves activation of protein-kinase signaling pathways in muscle, and possibly mediating autocrine effects of growth factors in signaling the anabolic response to membrane stretch (106). Cell swelling induced membrane stretch may also have a direct effect on the amino acid transport systems mediated through an integrin-associated volume sensor. Phosphatidyli- nositol 3-kinase appears to be an important signaling component in modulating glutamine and alpha-(methyl)aminoisobutyric acid transport in muscle because of cell swelling (106).
Resistance exercise has been shown to induce alterations of intra- and extracellular water balance (156), the extent of which is dependent upon the type of exercise and intensity of training. Cell swelling is maximized by exercise that relies heavily on glycolysis, with the resultant lactate accumulation acting as the primary contributor to osmotic changes in skeletal muscle (41,157). Fast-twitch fibers are particularly sensitive to osmotic changes, presumably related to a high concentration of water transport channels called aquaporin-4. Aquaporin-4 has been shown to be strongly expressed in the sarcolemma of mammalian fast-twitch glycolytic and fast- twitch oxidative-glycolytic fibers, facilitating the influx of fluid into the cell. Given that fast-twitch fibers are most responsive to hypertrophy, it is conceivable that cellular hydration augments the hypertrophic response during resistance training that relies heavily on anaerobic glycolysis.
Exercise regimens that cause an increased glycogen storage capacity also have the potential to augment cell swelling. Given that glycogen attracts three grams of water for every gram of glycogen (25), this may reflect an increased capacity for protein synthesis in those who possess greater in- tramuscular glycogen st

I'm of the opinion that pump is relative to growth IF done in conjunction with several other contributing factors. I can curl a dumbbell and get a pump off 10 reps, am I growing? Fuck no. Nutritional considerations are in play... carbs, glucose, hydration are all factors. Training... are you properly exhausting the muscle, achieving a quality pump, pushing past it and thru 'the wall'? Are you staying in a proper anabolic state while training? Is your training frequency just right? There's a balance to it all. My new routine that was forced upon me by injury is killer. Literally fatigued and starving afterwards, drenched in sweat. Soon as I get home, protein shake and power nap. I wake and eat a shitload of quality easily digested proteins. I time my carbs, stay hydrated, stay nourished. Also the mental aspect comes into play. I only fuck with like minded people.

I'm of the opinion that pump is relative to growth IF done in conjunction with several other contributing factors. I can curl a dumbbell and get a pump off 10 reps, am I growing? Fuck no. Nutritional considerations are in play... carbs, glucose, hydration are all factors. Training... are you properly exhausting the muscle, achieving a quality pump, pushing past it and thru 'the wall'? Are you staying in a proper anabolic state while training? Is your training frequency just right? There's a balance to it all. My new routine that was forced upon me by injury is killer. Literally fatigued and starving afterwards, drenched in sweat. Soon as I get home, protein shake and power nap. I wake and eat a shitload of quality easily digested proteins. I time my carbs, stay hydrated, stay nourished. Also the mental aspect comes into play. I only fuck with like minded people.

Exactly this. The pump is the most important thing (for me) to walk out of the gym smiling like an idiot. Having a big ass pump in your legs, arms, shoulders or whatever makes you feel THE biggest there. (if you actually are the biggest, like 44, that is even better)

When is that Deca video hitting YouTube, 44? :)

Exactly this. The pump is the most important thing (for me) to walk out of the gym smiling like an idiot. Having a big ass pump in your legs, arms, shoulders or whatever makes you feel THE biggest there. (if you actually are the biggest, like 44, that is even better)

When is that Deca video hitting YouTube, 44? :)

LOl, it's coming bro look fpr it tomorrow afternoon.

Top Bottom