napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Food

CK55

I had a small argument with a friend of mine about if weighing food before or after its cooked. personally I weigh my food when it's cooked.

Technically, from what I have read, the nutrition on foods - IE MEATS - is pre-cooked, hence would need to be weighed before cooking. However, to me, this isn't practical. I pre cook meats in large volume, prep food daily and therefore weigh my meats cooked. I use a ratio method. I weigh out 6oz cooked chicken, but record it as 8oz. I think the MOST important factor is, whatever you do, just do it consistently. Weigh your foods the same all the time to eliminate variables. Your numbers may be inaccurate, but at least they will be consistently inaccurate. If that makes sense. Other examples below:

Oatmeal - Measure Precooked
Rice - Buy in the bag so its already portioned
Potatoes - Weigh cooked

Depends on the food, some B4, some after.

Also, things like "one cup" is a LEVEL cup, not some ice cream cone/overflowing measurement

So how the food comes in the bag that the label is on, that's how they measure it. Example raw chicken labels are measured when the chicken is still raw. But fuck all that I still measure my food when its cooked

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Depends on the food, some B4, some after.

Also, things like "one cup" is a LEVEL cup, not some ice cream cone/overflowing measurement
Even that I don't like to use, one level cup can be different if it's a packed cup or unpacked cup, its still level lol

So how the food comes in the bag that the label is on, that's how they measure it. Example raw chicken labels are measured when the chicken is still raw. But fuck all that I still measure my food when its cooked

Never go by the measurements on a package. Every meal should be weighed out to YOUR specifics.

Even that I don't like to use, one level cup can be different if it's a packed cup or unpacked cup, its still level lol

I was guilty of that when I was younger :)

Never go by the measurements on a package. Every meal should be weighed out to YOUR specifics.
Haha no I meant that the nutrition label on the bag of raw chicken is meant for chicken weighed while it's raw. Butchered that message somehow lmao

Yep, measure raw..

Big difference in a ribeye med rare and well done.. the companies can't account for that, all they can account for is its present state... raw

Top Bottom