napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Recomp diet

bdelta173

I was wondering if anyone had some good recomp diets/advice they could share with me. I am recovering from surgery and will be able to start lifting again here in about 2 weeks, so I am looking to jump back into it as quickly as possible. Thanks fellas.

Re: RE: Recomp diet

bdelta173 said:
I was wondering if anyone had some good recomp diets/advice they could share with me. I am recovering from surgery and will be able to start lifting again here in about 2 weeks, so I am looking to jump back into it as quickly as possible. Thanks fellas.
Recomp is very hard to do correctly, but what I've been doing and what works for me is alternating high and low carb days to reflect a surplus on the high carb days, and a defecit on the low carb days. It works great for me because my workout days are Mon, Wed, Fri with cardio on all other days, so my surpluses are always done when needed on those workout days and shred up with cardio and lowered carbs on the other days

Did you ever read "underground body opus" by Dan Duchaine? I used to do a zero carb diet for 3-4 days and then 1 all carb day for 1 day, or 3 meals. No protein, no fat. Bread ,oats, cereal and milk etc. Gets hard, but works!

drb_iac said:
Did you ever read "underground body opus" by Dan Duchaine? I used to do a zero carb diet for 3-4 days and then 1 all carb day for 1 day, or 3 meals. No protein, no fat. Bread ,oats, cereal and milk etc. Gets hard, but works!

Dan Duchaine has a lot of great information. That sounds pretty similar to a keto diet which is generally a high protein moderate to high fat, and zero carb diet for 5-7 days followed by a "refeed" day where you would carb up all day long. I never do well with zero carb diets, but they can be very effective for a lot of people

Top Bottom