sarms.forsale
samson
Steroidify.com
roidvisor
ULTIMA Pharmaceutical        pharmalady        OS Gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holidays means free cheat day?

Holidays means free cheat day?

Do you guys take off days on diet when it comes to holidays? I've dieting for my cut for about two weeks, half of me wants to cook myself healthy food on Christmas, but the other half wants to just eat anything that is being served that day. Eating healthy has made me feel good both in and outside of the gym, and I want to continue feeling good. But I love the pasta my aunt makes, and I also know that there's going to be pizza and other foods that are not too healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Well...what's more important TO YOU
    your goals..or momentary gratification

You do realize...That when you go off your established nutrition plan...it throws your metabolism, insulin response etc out of wack..and can take up to a week to recover

Ok thanks mans. I guess this quote is right " diet separates the men from the boys" . If that momentary satisfaction is going to affect my goal that much, I'm just going to keep dieting.

VIP Member
    I don't find it that hard to compromise, stay off the booze eat no desserts or just a tiny portion but really slowly so it lasts as long. Avoid fattening starters, on Christmas Day I'll have a big portion of turkey breast with a few small roast potatoes and lots of veggies. My wife removes nearly all the fat from the gravy so I can have plenty of that with the meal.

This is very satisfying and enjoyable and apart from the small amount of fat used to cook the potatoes very clean too. No one is going to comment on it because I am pretty much eating what they are.

If you must eat pizza make sure you plan your calories so you don't exceed your daily maintenance levels. Do an hour of cardio first thing that day, don't eat breakfast, drinks lots of water and black coffee throughout the day, eat a modest lunch and then you can hit the pizza in the evening without being in a calorie surplus if you've done everything else correctly.

It's all doable with planning.

Thanks for the advice y'all. I'll just wait for New Years instead. For a fact I'm going to end up drinking Vodka and tequila like last New Years. YES I KNOW it's NOT a good idea, but tbh New Years is the only time I drink alcohol. 2018 the grind will continue though , this yr I wasn't strict on my diet until recently, but now I always cook my own meals and count my macros and make sure I get my nutrients. With all that being said, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Unless your competing you can enjoy your holiday and get right back on track .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BroccoliAndSardines View Post
    Thanks for the advice y'all. I'll just wait for New Years instead. For a fact I'm going to end up drinking Vodka and tequila like last New Years. YES I KNOW it's NOT a good idea, but tbh New Years is the only time I drink alcohol. 2018 the grind will continue though , this yr I wasn't strict on my diet until recently, but now I always cook my own meals and count my macros and make sure I get my nutrients. With all that being said, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Hey bro, do you know what happened to the last guy who had a cheat meal on Christmas Day...he enjoyed himself!!! I'm not a fan of restrictive eating, I'm more of a IIFYM kind of eater, but I won't open that can of worms here. It's Christmas for fu%ks sake, have a little fun. Go in with a plan, enjoy yourself in moderation, don't binge, get back on schedule the next day and you'll be fine

you don't take a break on diet if you're serious

Depends what you mean by cheat day. I wouldn't go balls to the wall, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, especially if you've been disciplined for a while. It can even sometimes be beneficial to have a short break depending how hard you've been pushing it. It can help rev metabolism back up as well as mentally help you prepare for your next push. You just have to be honest with yourself and don't take the cheat day/s too far.

Go for it then just go hard at the gym!