napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Sugar free drinks

Saiyan

Alright guys. A friend of mine asked me to do some digging for him. He has switched to sugar free drinks. Red bull and monster I think mostly. I have tried for months to get him to cut them out altogether. But there lies his addiction. I did get him down from multiples a day though.
If you drink one a day, what would actually be better (or worse) for you. The sugar or the sugar substitutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't any conclusive scientific evidence that artificial sweeteners cause any harm at all. If your friend needs the simple carbs then use them if not then avoid them and go sugar fee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's been trying to cut for a long time now. But isn't going anywhere. Pretty stubborn when it comes to advice. I've tried setting him up but he always finds some reason why he shouldn't try it.
I just set him up with some GW. But he thinks that two days of 10 minutes of cardio is enough with his four days of workout. His workouts are pretty shitty though. Never pushes himself. Again, fucker won't listen lol.

Alright guys. A friend of mine asked me to do some digging for him. He has switched to sugar free drinks. Red bull and monster I think mostly. I have tried for months to get him to cut them out altogether. But there lies his addiction. I did get him down from multiples a day though.
If you drink one a day, what would actually be better (or worse) for you. The sugar or the sugar substitutes?

You are going to get a variation of answers on this, and I'm sure someone will come in and say to avoid anything with artificial sweeteners all together because they are the devil. Truth in the matter is for him to just practice moderation and keep them to a minimum. At times myself I use those little packets of flavoring for water that have artificial sweeteners in them. I don't see anything wrong with it unless you have a bunch. I'd much rather go that route than a sugared product. That's just my stance. Just keep the, to a minimum and don't use too much and it's no big deal

I just had a diet dark cherry soda. I average 1-2 diet drinks a day lately. I don't see the harm. The studies that show artificial sweeteners causing cancer has the rats ingesting like 10x's their BW in the crap per day lol. So, I don't see the harm in 1-2 a day. That part is my opinion though ;).

Ive went on just water and with diet sodas and it doesnt effect my body composition at all and we all have differant goals but thats all i really care about . as for your friend bro ive been there and gave up if there making excuses for it there too weak too change it dont let it effect you trying too change someone who just doesnt want it bad enough too make it happen

What's the deal with sugar anyway, all I know is people avoid to much sugar and never understood that. What's wrong with sugar? Does it turn to fat?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

That's the truth gymjunkie. I gave up soda almost overnight a couple years ago. I will have a sip of my fiancés every so often. But never more than a sip.
My advice was to just do 20 minutes cardio and he flipped shit. "I don't have that much time!" Well bro. This is my lifestyle. It takes dedication. And if you can't find 20 minutes in your schedule. Then you'll never get far from where you are.
So thanks again everyone for the responses. Lol sometimes I don't know why he continues to ask for advice that we both know he won't listen to!

Brother, from experience...Have him pick up some caffeine pills...very cheap and will give him the boost when needed. A perfect way to lower stim doses.

Brother, from experience...Have him pick up some caffeine pills...very cheap and will give him the boost when needed. A perfect way to lower stim doses.

Tried that. And also tried to do an ECA. But he's scared that something bad will happen. So went and tanked some money for a caffeine based fat burner because "if something goes wrong I can sue". Lol. Took the fat burner (that he got suckered to buy by a hot sales girl lol) for a couple weeks and stopped for some reason. Definitely going to go down the why would I waste my time for you to ignore everything route.

And I don't think he's worried about the stims. He's worried that threats the reason he isn't losing weight. Hell his weigh ins are Saturday. Friday he has a bit of a crazy schedule and it turns into his cheat day. Surprise surprise you are heavier than last week! And then he's going to say the GW isn't working lol

What's the deal with sugar anyway, all I know is people avoid to much sugar and never understood that. What's wrong with sugar? Does it turn to fat?

Depends on your macros buddy. Sugar is the most simple form of carbohydrate, and obviously if you get more carbs in than your body needs it will be stored as fat

Depends on your macros buddy. Sugar is the most simple form of carbohydrate, and obviously if you get more carbs in than your body needs it will be stored as fat
This is the best answer right here.

Sugar = carbs = 4 calories per gram. Either way you slice it, macronutrient intake will affect your body composition. Micronutrients and fiber are needed for a healthy diet, however.

Biggest problem with sugar is we consume way too much of it and the faster a carb is metabolised the faster blood sugar rises meaning insulin spike and fat storage if you macros are right and its post workout and ypuve depleted liver and muscle glycogen sugar cam benifit but if your already consuming ample carbs and you have sugar your almost garrenteed it will be stored as fat too get too bodybuilding lean standards on weight training with minimal cardio sugar almost has too be eliminated

05487a6e4ed355dbb55af4f2305fd390.jpg

Www.expressdomesticapache.com

[email protected]

As I'm trying gain weight this is interesting because I am eating very clean and I don't do ANY suger filled foods like soda and candy and coffee. The only suger is what's in my meals and I'm gaining weight but not any fat. I think it's about time to start tracking my macros now I'm getting effective at planning my meals always having food on hand. I'm so excited to be able to see my appitite grow. I have this fear of feeling hungry and loosing my gains. I can't afford to waste precious room in my gut for some junk food.

I've been switching to stevia based diet sodas recently and see the difference. Artificial sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose seem to cause me GI issues. Still,
I'd rather not have the huge sugar load than simply going the sugar free route. And your friend sounds like an overthink who is too worried to take advice since his mind won't stop being skeptical lmao. I don't understand why he thinks a bunch of energy drinks is any better for him than caffeine pills.

I've been switching to stevia based diet sodas recently and see the difference. Artificial sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose seem to cause me GI issues. Still,
I'd rather not have the huge sugar load than simply going the sugar free route. And your friend sounds like an overthink who is too worried to take advice since his mind won't stop being skeptical lmao. I don't understand why he thinks a bunch of energy drinks is any better for him than caffeine pills.

I don't think he drinks them to lose weight. He used to do 3-4 a day easily. So it's kind of the energy drink addiction I guess.
And yes. Agreed on how he thinks. He's in an ems program. So while he's learning about the body and everything, he argues with anything asked relating to the body.
I told him that this was my answer. Take it or leave it.

Top Bottom