napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Guitar thread

I used to own an ESP LTD MH100qmnt maple neck, and some dark rose red fingerboard it was a BEAUTY, and an all black Mexican-Made Fender Stratocaster lol. I used to play this on a Line 6 spider 4.....my dream guitar was always a Gibson SG/Fender Telecaster with a Marshall or Orange amp. Played in a band.. Did one show.. Fucking sucked ass. lol this was before I had any of those mamas, I had a crappy fender star caster, some beginner guitar with broken ass pick-ups. So imagine that sound.

I used to own an ESP LTD MH100qmnt maple neck, and some dark rose red fingerboard it was a BEAUTY, and an all black Mexican-Made Fender Stratocaster lol. I used to play this on a Line 6 spider 4.....my dream guitar was always a Gibson SG/Fender Telecaster with a Marshall or Orange amp. Played in a band.. Did one show.. Fucking sucked ass. lol this was before I had any of those mamas, I had a crappy fender star caster, some beginner guitar with broken ass pick-ups. So imagine that sound.

lol nice ..

i have an ESP LTD right now, its old and i havent gotten around to buying a new guitar yet. its pretty much like ESP's version of a les paul

speaking of guitar, does anyone have any music they can post up? i have quite a few songs but they are all Metal, for those of you who like metal

What type of metal bro? Like that 0-1-1-1-0-0 Chug Chug Chug with DROP C tuning type metal or that finger tapping the whole pentatonic scale type metal lmaoo

I have 4 Ibby S-series of different years, A prestige SV4570 , 79 Les paul hard tail, 2 Martin acoustics (Differant tunings) A Lovebreed, and a Yammy acoustic for campfires. Also a 71 Tele which used to be Tom Pettys, a Mexican strat that I bastardized and a American Strat.
Not to mention a library of Boss pedals, 2 Fractal Audio Units, Bogner Amps, Roland Jazz Chorus (1980-the REAL ONE) and walls of cabinets.
Then there are all of my kids Guitars...which I bought, maintain and take care of, lol.
Ive been playing for over 35 years, own a small recording studio, recorded artists for American Idol (Yawn) and am currently looking for a new gig. I havent been able to find a decent band since I moved here.

Love me some metal! But yea...jazz (fusion) is where my heart is these days.

Damn gup..how'd u get tom pettys ax?

Short version of story: I joined a band when I was 20's, the band consisted of all vietnam vets who met, kept in touch and eventually settled in the same state after the war. The bassist met Petty at some point towards the end, became freinds and Petty gave it to him to repair. War took him one way, record label took Petty another. So the dude was left with the guitar. Fast forward 18-20 years...I join the band, lent a Bass of mine to Paul and he broke the neck during a show at 9:30 Club in DC. Few days later (on my birthday) He gave it to me and made me sware to never part with it.
Its real...had it validated. Its a limited Japan model (because back then, Fender was going down the toilet with production and the USA versions werent worth shit.)
I toured with Megadeth and King Diamond for 4 shows with it, plays just fine. Then retired it.
And now it hangs on a wall. :)

Damn bro that's a kick ass story...I prefer jap made strats they paid attention to detail more n had better quality if u ask me

Damn bro that's a kick ass story...I prefer jap made strats they paid attention to detail more n had better quality if u ask me

Yea, it depends on the year. There has been a lot of controversy with Fender over the years. All depends on who was running production during the era. But yea...I agree with you.

Like I told Jake when he was always blowin those dam saxophones,harmonicas..clanking the daylights out out of guitars...I'd say son...you know I just bought you a nice set of weights out in the garage...NOW GO USE THEM!! Those dam instruments took his entire lifetime to be really good and then he starts playing with these knobheads from Pantera...smart as a lugnut they were..all smokin left handed cigarettes ...making all kinds of racket then high fivein each other like they really played something good. Then the lugnut that sang..Anselmo was his name..asks me well what you want us to sing or play pops? I said either the Immigrant Song, or Black Dog...that was a 3 piece band that did those songs...if you can come close I will buy yall new shit..how's that? Yep...they went home with their tails between their legs. Then I had the nerve to have 4 more boys after him. I am telling you right now...if I didn't have these twat heads to raise you would know about drb and not Arnold!! Of course you know I wouldn't trade them for world power...lol

Like I told Jake when he was always blowin those dam saxophones,harmonicas..clanking the daylights out out of guitars...I'd say son...you know I just bought you a nice set of weights out in the garage...NOW GO USE THEM!! Those dam instruments took his entire lifetime to be really good and then he starts playing with these knobheads from Pantera...smart as a lugnut they were..all smokin left handed cigarettes ...making all kinds of racket then high fivein each other like they really played something good. Then the lugnut that sang..Anselmo was his name..asks me well what you want us to sing or play pops? I said either the Immigrant Song, or Black Dog...that was a 3 piece band that did those songs...if you can come close I will buy yall new shit..how's that? Yep...they went home with their tails between their legs. Then I had the nerve to have 4 more boys after him. I am telling you right now...if I didn't have these twat heads to raise you would know about drb and not Arnold!! Of course you know I wouldn't trade them for world power...lol

lol...

yeah pantera had some good tunes but they were drunks and potheads. not exactly good role models or friends..

I own a Martin 00-17 made in 1947. It was my grandpa's, then my father's, now it is mine. My wife wants to learn to play guitar, so what better instrument to learn to play on than one with such a rich, lovely sound? :)

What type of metal bro? Like that 0-1-1-1-0-0 Chug Chug Chug with DROP C tuning type metal or that finger tapping the whole pentatonic scale type metal lmaoo

O hyeah man..tat s it dude. Watch Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke, and at the end they are in the battle of the bands while Chong took to many 714's. Listen to the chug...and a great drop C dude.

Sounds like pop is jealous. I taught him how to play "what I say" by ray charles and he thought he was the shit! Then it took me two days to teach him "Smoke on the Water"
I think it was hard for him because he was on tuna in oil at the time...lol

I'm about to customize either a baritone Telecaster or an LTD Seven String. Right now I am writing on a Schecter, not sure of the model. I got it used for super cheap with 2 Blackouts already in it. Win.

Cool to see some guitar nerds in da house. I'm a huge collector and have played for years. I'd be embarrassed to say how many guitars I have or how much money is tied up in my collection.

Any love for high end acoustics in this group? Sounds like lots of electric and hard rockers. I fit that mold also, but really really love acoustic guitars.

I love all music from Death metal to Hank Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom