napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Recovery and growth

Do you recover and grow more taking a day off every 4th day or taking the weekend off

Everyone is different, my friend. Some guys recover more easily and can blast 5 days in a row without needing a day off. In my experience, I like to roll with 2 on 1 off, 2 on 2 off. Works best for me!

Do you recover and grow more taking a day off every 4th day or taking the weekend off
It depends on how your training is setup to how you should rest. However rest and recovery is more important than the actual workout itself. A lot of people fall short in that area. You grow in the kitchen and while resting...not in the gym

For example, I only lift 3 days per week ALWAYS. It's powerful and effective for me and optimizes growth and recovery. I've trued more days and more volume but I get less from it. Everyone is different though, so it's hard to say what's best for you. You'll have to figure out what's best for your body

yeah this is really all over the board when it comes to rest. i have seen people lift 2-3 days a week and seen people lift 6-7 days a week no problems. it varies greatly between persons because of lifestyle, training, genetics, etc. for me personally i like 1-2 days off a week and high volume seems to help the most. i do strength/heavy lifts for bones and overall strength, but i do a lot of volume as well and it really helps me, especially with stubborn muscles like traps, forearms, calves, etc.

It depends on how your training is setup to how you should rest. However rest and recovery is more important than the actual workout itself. A lot of people fall short in that area. You grow in the kitchen and while resting...not in the gym

For example, I only lift 3 days per week ALWAYS. It's powerful and effective for me and optimizes growth and recovery. I've trued more days and more volume but I get less from it. Everyone is different though, so it's hard to say what's best for you. You'll have to figure out what's best for your body

Just about the same thing I was going to say minus the training regime. As long as you eat enough and rest enough, you will recovery quicker and grow. Just get enough calories in, get enough sleep and you will grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just about the same thing I was going to say minus the training regime. As long as you eat enough and rest enough, you will recovery quicker and grow. Just get enough calories in, get enough sleep and you will grow.

That's exactly right brother. Well said!

A good 1-2 weeks off every few months should be a part of your protocol as well.

I also use the sauna post workout (10 minutes) and glutamine before bed to help in recovery.

A good 1-2 weeks off every few months should be a part of your protocol as well.

I also use the sauna post workout (10 minutes) and glutamine before bed to help in recovery.

Very good point. I do a deload week usually every 12 weeks, and sometimes I just take the whole week off completely. It really helps a lot when I get back to the gym. Gains usually take off and soar at that point.

Was doing 3 on 1 off until I stay sore for too long and cut back to 2 on one off and play with it when I feel beat.
But I am a little older than i used to be.

Man I took off 3 months recently and the difference when I started back was awesome. Strength was down but intensity and motivation through the roof. AAS was much more effective too. We grow when we rest so 3-4 intense days a week I think is more than enough if you blast everything good enough.

Www.expressdomesticapache.com

[email protected]

This is exactly what I did! I took about 3 months off, cause I was moving and lost some motivation for training because of all the fucking headaches of dealing with lenders. I even pretty much stopped all aas as well. In that 3 months, I did put on a lil gut. Not too much, and I could tell I lost some size. But I'm back at it for about 1 month and a half, and I got everything back, and I swear the aas is actually working better. I'm not one to come off, and I do blast a lot more than I should. But this really helped me a lot.

This is exactly what I did! I took about 3 months off, cause I was moving and lost some motivation for training because of all the fucking headaches of dealing with lenders. I even pretty much stopped all aas as well. In that 3 months, I did put on a lil gut. Not too much, and I could tell I lost some size. But I'm back at it for about 1 month and a half, and I got everything back, and I swear the aas is actually working better. I'm not one to come off, and I do blast a lot more than I should. But this really helped me a lot.

Muscle memory is a beautiful thing..

You got that right. Muscle memory is beautiful. Anytime you have a layoff or whatever, everything comes right back nice and easy.

^Ive noticed i usually bounce back fuller and stronger as well, the body is really an amazing biological organism to say the least.

I took 6-7 months off. Started back in July and am bigger and stronger now than before. Took a little to catch up but passed my old maxes.

I like how you guys touched on deloads and off time. I prefer deloads, and utilize complete time off if something comes up: vacation, injury, illness, etc. I feel deloading aids in recovery, allowing the CNS to fully recover while still pumping blood and nutrients into the muscle. Helps with the gainz! :D

I like how you guys touched on deloads and off time. I prefer deloads, and utilize complete time off if something comes up: vacation, injury, illness, etc. I feel deloading aids in recovery, allowing the CNS to fully recover while still pumping blood and nutrients into the muscle. Helps with the gainz! :D
Absolutely. Deloads are extremely essential in my opinion. I am religious about incorporating them. They are so beneficial to your body in so many ways, and really help Jumpstart the gains again as well coming off of a deload

Top Bottom