napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Outter sweep quads

tama.brian

Hello all. Getting kinda desperate for an answer to a problem with leg growth. My inner sweep grows like wildfire but my putter sweep refuses to grow. So far I have tried different foot positions, foot arrangements (toes out, toes straight and toes in), bb squats, leg press, hack squat, leg extensions, and multiple different machines that mimic squating. Different rep ranges, weight from light with high reps and low reps high weight (405 for me is almost too heavy) and then in the middle of course. Here are a couple pics of my legs from today.
ce736bfecfbb4dbe4c202c6ddfdb8eec.jpg
56463ef84a668500c02532a1d9ea51bf.jpg
c04764e3c98b0dd8c5ed892a23b4fc12.jpg

Added in a calf pic but my hams and calves are not giving me the trouble my quads are

Thanks for any assistance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more weight may not be the key,, consider it from a different angle like an isometric exercises.. maybe add them at the END of legs routine.. wall sits are one that come to mind,, but try a different approach,, more weight may not be the key, get more blood going..

no worries, I actually found bike riding helpful.. I played ice hockey for many years.. my legs were always strong between skating and riding..

Hello all. Getting kinda desperate for an answer to a problem with leg growth. My inner sweep grows like wildfire but my putter sweep refuses to grow. So far I have tried different foot positions, foot arrangements (toes out, toes straight and toes in), bb squats, leg press, hack squat, leg extensions, and multiple different machines that mimic squating. Different rep ranges, weight from light with high reps and low reps high weight (405 for me is almost too heavy) and then in the middle of course. Here are a couple pics of my legs from today.
ce736bfecfbb4dbe4c202c6ddfdb8eec.jpg
56463ef84a668500c02532a1d9ea51bf.jpg
c04764e3c98b0dd8c5ed892a23b4fc12.jpg

Added in a calf pic but my hams and calves are not giving me the trouble my quads are

Thanks for any assistance

Try out some sumo leg presses. You place your feet high on the platform to do the movement. YouTube it if you aren't familiar. In my opinion it hits the outer sweep well

dude i know exactly what you need. i have the same problem because i am so tall. 6'5" therefore it makes my legs look a lot skinnier then they really are. this is what i do know to exclusively target the mess out of outer sweep, and it works.

put your feet about shoulder width, no wider. feet straight forward. and do Leg Presses, Front Squats, and also hack squats or smith machine squats with feet out in front of you, not underneath you. NO leg extensions, those hit your tear drops hard and you dont need that (trust me my tear drop is big and i killed extensions when i was younger, i dont even do them anymore and tear drop remains the same size).

Also when you squat do not go below parallel unless you want to activate your glutes/hips. staying above parallel will keep more pressure on the quads.

do 3 sets of front squat, leg press, hack squat/smith squat , i guarantee if you do those with the feet placement above and then go look in the mirror, your outer sweep will be BLOWN the heck UP.

Thank you Very much Brother. I will do this for the next 8 quad days and see how I do. I haven't ever tried not to go to parallel but I will concentrate on that now. Great advice thank you!!

Thank you Very much Brother. I will do this for the next 8 quad days and see how I do. I haven't ever tried not to go to parallel but I will concentrate on that now. Great advice thank you!!

you can go to parallel just not below. AND i am only saying this to not activate a lot of glute and hip. if you still want to work your glutes then go deep squat but for me personally i want to focus on quad only so i stay at or above parallel. when you go into a deep squat, what i like to call "the hole" it takes pressure off of quads and puts it on glutes and hips, then you use your glutes and hips to drive back into quads then quads activate to push out rest of rep. that is why i would say do not go super low unless you need to work on your glutes. also, dont fully lock out your knees as well.

you can also utilize partial reps

after one workout you will see the outer quad pumped to the max

Narrower stances on pressing.

Also when you do leg extensions pout. Toes outward feet close together.

Summoned deads.

More deadlifts.

Hack squat machine and turn on you're side and isolate the outter. Shoulder against the pad.

Leg press turn your shoulder into the back support and single leg press the carriage similar to the set up on the hack squat machine I mentioned.

Training is more so where I shine. I wanna get some vids up for this kinda stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Summoned deads.

More deadlifts.

Hack squat machine and turn on you're side and isolate the outter. Shoulder against the pad.

Leg press turn your shoulder into the back support and single leg press the carriage similar to the set up on the hack squat machine I mentioned.

Training is more so where I shine. I wanna get some vids up for this kinda stuff.

Very good advice brother! It does sound like you have some solid information on good training principles. Would definitely be interested in those videos if you do them

Summoned deads.

More deadlifts.

Would love to see some video footage so as to understand a bit better some of the techniques. Only been hitting the iron for 2 years, have the basics down but the more advanced moves I need to be shown. Thank you for taking the time to point this out. I do deads weekly or at least rack pulls for low back.

you can go to parallel just not below. AND i am only saying this to not activate a lot of glute and hip. if you still want to work your glutes then go deep squat but for me personally i want to focus on quad only so i stay at or above parallel. when you go into a deep squat, what i like to call "the hole" it takes pressure off of quads and puts it on glutes and hips, then you use your glutes and hips to drive back into quads then quads activate to push out rest of rep. that is why i would say do not go super low unless you need to work on your glutes. also, dont fully lock out your knees as well.

you can also utilize partial reps

after one workout you will see the outer quad pumped to the max

Genetically speaking I have plenty of glutes. No real need to focus more on them. I defiantly will be doing the above parallel squat to see how that gets the job done. The explanation of keeping tension on the quad makes perfect sense and foot positioning closer together with toes straight is different for me too. Thanks again for taking your time to help.

Try higher reps. I switched to an outer sweep routine because I had a similar issue. I also will do my 15 rep sets and after I finish I will do single leg exercises on whatever im finishing

Genetically speaking I have plenty of glutes. No real need to focus more on them. I defiantly will be doing the above parallel squat to see how that gets the job done. The explanation of keeping tension on the quad makes perfect sense and foot positioning closer together with toes straight is different for me too. Thanks again for taking your time to help.

no problem. the feet close and forward is old school, been around for years but most gyms are too commercialized so a lot of things get lost in the fray. you can find old videos of Arnold doing feet close toes forward squats for that Outer sweep

Lol, I will send him some jeans from up north here...sold at Pro Hockey Life, made for hockey players with massive legs!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom