napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Determined Fat Guy considering a cycle

Thechef

Stats First: 5'11", 260lbs, 30% body fat (hence TheChef)

I was a former athlete (baseball, basketball) at my lowest I was 175lbs, not sure of body fat. A bum knee and culinary school, work and 20 years later here I am. I started back at the gym around 8 months ago. Current program is HIIT Cardio three days a week (3Miles) and lifting 3 days a week. I don't skip days and I might even add an additional cardio day if I feel good. I've lost about 40lbs but I've hit a plateau that Im working really hard to get over. Like I said, Im very determined to get my weight down but also look good in the end.

Im considering Anavar but Im not sure if that's a good start and looking for some sound advice. I want to stay as clean as possible in the process. Any help would be appreciated.

Stats First: 5'11", 260lbs, 30% body fat (hence TheChef)

I was a former athlete (baseball, basketball) at my lowest I was 175lbs, not sure of body fat. A bum knee and culinary school, work and 20 years later here I am. I started back at the gym around 8 months ago. Current program is HIIT Cardio three days a week (3Miles) and lifting 3 days a week. I don't skip days and I might even add an additional cardio day if I feel good. I've lost about 40lbs but I've hit a plateau that Im working really hard to get over. Like I said, Im very determined to get my weight down but also look good in the end.

Im considering Anavar but Im not sure if that's a good start and looking for some sound advice. I want to stay as clean as possible in the process. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey man, at 30% it would be rather unhealthy to run a cycle. Your not going to get much out of it being that high of bodyfat. We usually advise to be under 15% if your going to run any sort of cycle. I think you need to take another look a t your nutrition. After 8 months at 30%, trust me you have not gotten anywhere near a plateau. Have you considered using a personal trainer to re-adjust your goals?

Hey man, at 30% it would be rather unhealthy to run a cycle. Your not going to get much out of it being that high of bodyfat. We usually advise to be under 15% if your going to run any sort of cycle. I think you need to take another look a t your nutrition. After 8 months at 30%, trust me you have not gotten anywhere near a plateau. Have you considered using a personal trainer to re-adjust your goals?

Thanks seems like good advise. I might need to adjust macros after losing the weight.

One correction: after 4 months not 8 months.

Thanks seems like good advise. I might need to adjust macros after losing the weight.

One correction: after 4 months not 8 months.

Post up your diet, macros etc...

After 4 months, certainly not anywhere near where you could be naturally. not even close...Give it time my friend. It takes patience to build the physique your after.

Post up your diet, macros etc...

After 4 months, certainly not anywhere near where you could be naturally. not even close...Give it time my friend. It takes patience to build the physique your after.

So I try to stick to 2000-2100 cals per day 40% carbs, 35% protein, 25% fat.

in the am ill have protein shake 50grams with multi, fish oil and co-q10, then ill have Greek yogurt (non-fat), almond butter granola and strawberries. and coffee
lunch is usually a chicken salad, nonfat dressing or ill have a chicken breast sandwich from subway (lettuce, spinach, green pepper, onion, cucumber and oil and vinegar)
protein shake 50G
and dinner is usually a protein (salmon, lean steak or chicken and the rest of the plate is veggies ( broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sometimes sweet potatoes)
for dessert Ill have one more 25g shake at night with yogurt, banana and strawberries and honey.

I shoot for 3600 calories burned leaving a huge deficit.

Have you considered using a personal trainer to re-adjust your goals?

This right here... OP I think you need someone to help you take it to the next level. Anavar is definitely not the answer.

Theres only so much we can say and do over a forum message. Id be here typing forever. I think you need someone to help you one on one if you truly feel this way

you need some serious help with your thinking here... you are over one fourth body fat... now , i love the fact you want to fix this, absolutely love it but going about it the right way is the next step... ANAVAR IS NOT SOME MIRACULOUS WEIGHT LOSS DRUG BRO... NOT EVEN CLOSE... i have no clue who, what or why that gets passed around but thats a million miles from the truth... watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1v6GrmIoY

Your in the right place to study all things AAS while developing workout routines and refining your diet. When you get down to 12%bf we can talk gear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need some serious help with your thinking here... you are over one fourth body fat... now , i love the fact you want to fix this, absolutely love it but going about it the right way is the next step... ANAVAR IS NOT SOME MIRACULOUS WEIGHT LOSS DRUG BRO... NOT EVEN CLOSE... i have no clue who, what or why that gets passed around but thats a million miles from the truth... watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1v6GrmIoY

Thanks, I appreciate the advice from everyone. Thats what this was all about. I'm not look for a miracle drug or pill. I completely understand that it took me years to get this way and could take years to get out of it. Really just considering my options now and later. Much appreciated.
@DylanGemilli, you should work on your delivery... you seem like a smart guy with plenty of knowledge on the subject, very useful. But your message can be easily misunderstood, which is a waste because of what you know.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice from everyone. Thats what this was all about. I'm not look for a miracle drug or pill. I completely understand that it took me years to get this way and could take years to get out of it. Really just considering my options now and later. Much appreciated.
@DylanGemilli, you should work on your delivery... you seem like a smart guy with plenty of knowledge on the subject, very useful. But your message can be easily misunderstood, which is a waste because of what you know.
im happy to help... you do have options my man... i just never want people to get the wrong idea on how things work... you have the right attitude, the right drive, and i always love that in a person... diet and training have got to be consistent and disciplined first and fore most, which im sure you understand... you can always look at sarms as well , which can definitely help you but you have to have everything else dialed in or its all a waste

Keep up the solid work! Your doing great. You will hit plateaus along the way. Make a change when you do, and you will succeed.
Adjust the diet every so often so your body does not get in a rut. Watch out for the sugars. I, like many others cut out all the sweets but use substitutes in my coffee and others stuff. I am trying to cut that out. My wife did and she got over her latest plateau! Also watch out for pre packaged stuff and lunch meats. They are high in sodium.
I too have a bad knee along with other old worn out parts. You are younger than I am. So do this now and you will be happy you did. Cause it will make your life much happier and healthier.
I went from about 30 bf all the way to 8 bf.
Now hanging around 10-12bf.It feels much better. I dropped the weight now trying to add a bit of muscle.
There is way to much to type. Again your doing great. Keep up the hard work and it does pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP; keep an open mind and you learn a lot on this board. But you have to be realistic, you did not Plateau after 8 months after taking 20 years off.

OP; keep an open mind and you learn a lot on this board. But you have to be realistic, you did not Plateau after 8 months after taking 20 years off.
yes, also true... when that happens, that just says that changes need to be made, which we ALL go through and have to do...

A bit off topic but i would imagine running any cycle at that high of bodyfat would result in very high blood pressure versus say being under 12%

Top Bottom