napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Your Training Style

Testdude63

Boy, this section of the forum is far too thin for my liking... I think we need to get some ideas of all you guys (and gals) training styles.

I have always been an advocate of relatively high frequency (2x's a week) and I have been following Brandon Campbell's PHUL program for the past 6 months. I've made some very good gains, and obviously I switch out lifts to keep it fresh and exciting...

Let's get some ideas of different training styles/programs in here and what you feel has worked best and why. This could be interesting :).

I hit one BP per week and I usually do 2-3 days on with a day off. Right now training (and diet) are geared towards adding quality pounds. Calories are up. I'm still doing fasted cardio in the morning so I can maximize the extra calories going towards muscle and not stored as fat.

My next show will be around March so after the 1st of the year we'll start making changes geared towards show prep.

Long story short the one constant is change.

I hit one BP per week and I usually do 2-3 days on with a day off. Right now training (and diet) are geared towards adding quality pounds. Calories are up. I'm still doing fasted cardio in the morning so I can maximize the extra calories going towards muscle and not stored as fat.

My next show will be around March so after the 1st of the year we'll start making changes geared towards show prep.

Long story short the one constant is change.

Another fellow competitor, I see? Awesome!

Yeah, I like to go with the typical "bro split" as many would call it, from time to time. It feels so good to just smash a body part until you're crawling out of the gym :D.

Thanks for the input and contribution to this thread.

You guys ought to look up Dr. Jacob Wilson. He's helped many competitors at the Olympia Level and he was even in the Generation Iron movie recently. He employs an idea called intermittent set stretching where e.g. you do a dumbbell bench press, you hold the weight at the stretch position for 30 seconds then rep out 10-15 reps, you then drop set it allowing another stretch for 30 seconds. I love the science behind this because not only does it look at hypertophying the muscle but also there is some evidence with hyperplasia. I've done this technique before, not kept up with it seriously however, and the soreness is ridiculous with this, you'll need a spotter for these sets because you will get weak fast on this.

You guys ought to look up Dr. Jacob Wilson. He's helped many competitors at the Olympia Level and he was even in the Generation Iron movie recently. He employs an idea called intermittent set stretching where e.g. you do a dumbbell bench press, you hold the weight at the stretch position for 30 seconds then rep out 10-15 reps, you then drop set it allowing another stretch for 30 seconds. I love the science behind this because not only does it look at hypertophying the muscle but also there is some evidence with hyperplasia. I've done this technique before, not kept up with it seriously however, and the soreness is ridiculous with this, you'll need a spotter for these sets because you will get weak fast on this.

I like that idea. Metabolic stress/damage is what aids in growth. Not just amount of weight moved. Some guys--especially young guns--don't understand that.

Another fellow competitor, I see? Awesome!

Yeah, I like to go with the typical "bro split" as many would call it, from time to time. It feels so good to just smash a body part until you're crawling out of the gym :D.

Thanks for the input and contribution to this thread.

Yup, Masters Physique....I have to give all the credit to my coach tho. He adjusts my diet & training as needed/when needed and makes it idiot proof.

I do DC training exclusively and have for years. Workouts are short low volume, but intense, and are done Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with cardio on off days

This program is based on constant progression, heavy weights, beating the logbook every week, and progressive overload. Nothing has got me bigger and stronger than DC. So much that I give most powerlifters I know a run for their money. Not bad for a bodybuilder.

I'd say the creator of DC, Dante Trudel knew what he was doing. He's been turning average men into monsters for a long time with this program

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I train each body part twice a week and when I train I pick one compound movement for the body part and do something like 5x5,9x3,6x6 and then I conduct a metcon like 5 rounds for time of 6-8 other movements I got this idea from pavel tsoutlines beyond bodybuilding. I also conduct a cardio/calethinic routine in the am's because I'm in the army

I train each body part twice a week and when I train I pick one compound movement for the body part and do something like 5x5,9x3,6x6 and then I conduct a metcon like 5 rounds for time of 6-8 other movements I got this idea from pavel tsoutlines beyond bodybuilding. I also conduct a cardio/calethinic routine in the am's because I'm in the army

Nice. I like that setup, dude!

I've been doing a 10x3 routine for sometime now and its worked very well. The obvious key is to pick compound movements and really hit them hard. The struggle for some people is to realize that less is more at times...and to make each set/rep count if you do this routine regularly.

I do DC training exclusively and have for years. Workouts are short low volume, but intense, and are done Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with cardio on off days

This program is based on constant progression, heavy weights, beating the logbook every week, and progressive overload. Nothing has got me bigger and stronger than DC. So much that I give most powerlifters I know a run for their money. Not bad for a bodybuilder.

I'd say the creator of DC, Dante Trudel knew what he was doing. He's been turning average men into monsters for a long time with this program

If I am correct in my assumption, that's Doggcrap method right? That's a brutal training program! Kudos.

FST-7. and powerlifting. the combo has been a leathal mix for me.
Dude, those two are like complete opposite ends of the spectrum. I like it because you aren't like most powerlifters saying bodybuilding style training is garbage, and like a lot of bodybuilders that say pl'ing is garbage haha.

I've been doing a 10x3 routine for sometime now and its worked very well. The obvious key is to pick compound movements and really hit them hard. The struggle for some people is to realize that less is more at times...and to make each set/rep count if you do this routine regularly.
Hard and simple is tried and true. Like bread and butter :D.

The difference between all the styles of ballet is really very minimal. Eventually you will learn them all as an advanced dancer. They have teachers from NYCB and Pennsylvania Ballet, which are primarily Balanchine. But there are teachers from the Royal Ballet and even ones who are trained Vaganova who were trained at the Mariinsky in Saint Petersburg and danced with the Kirov (Mariinsky ballet)
Balanchine ballets are fast and short.

The difference between all the styles of ballet is really very minimal. Eventually you will learn them all as an advanced dancer. They have teachers from NYCB and Pennsylvania Ballet, which are primarily Balanchine. But there are teachers from the Royal Ballet and even ones who are trained Vaganova who were trained at the Mariinsky in Saint Petersburg and danced with the Kirov (Mariinsky ballet)

Damn, Shea! Ballet expert over here huh? Not a troll then I guess lol are you female or male? Cause if you're female then that last post turned me on. If you're a male then I'm totally straight and don't touch me. [emoji4]

Www.expressdomesticapache.com

[email protected]

I've been on mostly a 5x5 with compounds and then Iso work added in. I am looking for a new routine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more you know.jpg

And knowing is half the battle.

^ Yes. DC has been my style for years. Always stuck with the 2 way split. I love how brutal the rest pause sets and extreme stretches can be. Been getting into FT Training a little over a year now and have to say it's becoming something I'm seriously enjoying. It took me a little while to migrate over to it but the approach is highly intelligent. I like transitioning between DC and FT through the year organizing the blasts based on progression.

Top Bottom