napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Clomid's effect on HPTA and use Post Cycle (PCT)

RickRock

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
Clomid was originally developed to treat infertility in women by stimulating ovulation. However, to males there are also some very big benefits. Clomid has become the popular SERM of choice for many of those in the bodybuilding world to increase the production of testosterone after a steroid cycle, and for very good reasons. It has a lot of benefits to those that cycle steroids, and has become a big part of Post Cycle Therapy.

It is said that Clomid “stimulates” production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and therefore production of testosterone, but in fact Clomid achieves this not by stimulation of the hypothalamus and pituitary, but by blocking their inhibition by estrogen. This allows LH levels to return to normal, or even above normal levels, and consequently, natural testosterone levels to also normalise or rise above normal levels.

Clomid is an estrogen agonist and antagonist Making it an activator and blocker at the same time. This happens based on the tissue. In some tissues, Clomid acts as an activator (agonist), where others it acts as a blocker (antagonist).

Clomid is referred to as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) like Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolva). They both work alike in the fact that they are both estrogen receptor antagonists. Both of these compounds are antiestrogenic in breast tissue, fat tissue, the hypothalamus, which is ideal for bodybuilding.
They are also estrogenic in bone tissue and have a positive effect on lipid profile (cholesterol levels). Clomid also reduces the exercise-induced damage of muscle tissue which can be beneficial to endurance athletes. There is some indication that Clomid can have estrogenic effects on mood, causing some slight depression, however this is dose and user dependent, and not a common issue when taking a recommended dose.

Clomid is weaker than Nolva when looking at them mg for mg. it takes about 150mg of Clomid to equal 20mg of Nolva. However much lower doses of Clomid at around 50mg have been shown to very effective at raising testosterone levels. Higher levels of Clomid (over 100mg) is where emotional side effects and possible vision complications can come into play.

Clomid, just like nolvadex, is very safe for long term treatment of lowered testosterone levels, with studies showing it is safe to use for up to four months. And post-cycle, when steroid users are suffering form lowered testosterone levels from coming off-cycle, is when clomid is most effective.

Great post Rick. I like how you highlight all the other effects including the positive effect on cholesterol.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: Clomid's effect on HPTA and use Post Cycle (PCT)

MasonicBodybuilder said:
Great post Rick. I like how you highlight all the other effects including the positive effect on cholesterol.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
Yes exactly brother! I want everyone to realize all the great benefits that Clomid offers, that unfortunately often get overlooked. I'm glad to see everyone enjoying the information :)

Man reading all your posts regarding Aromasin and now Clomid make me feel better about starting my PCT tomorrow (crazy, I'm sure because Test is awesome) but I've got my MK and GW on hand as well. Fantastic post - thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

aSquard said:
Man reading all your posts regarding Aromasin and now Clomid make me feel better about starting my PCT tomorrow (crazy, I'm sure because Test is awesome) but I've got my MK and GW on hand as well. Fantastic post - thanks!

if you run a full and extensive pct as it sounds you are then pct will be no issue for you... have you planned a bridge for after pct?

aSquard said:

I'm glad you are enjoying the information brother! It's crucial to know the importance of these things for recovery post cycle, and then realizing the true potential and power of all the benefits they provide

Re: RE: Clomid's effect on HPTA and use Post Cycle (PCT)

RickRock said:
Clomid was originally developed to treat infertility in women by stimulating ovulation. However, to males there are also some very big benefits. Clomid has become the popular SERM of choice for many of those in the bodybuilding world to increase the production of testosterone after a steroid cycle, and for very good reasons. It has a lot of benefits to those that cycle steroids, and has become a big part of Post Cycle Therapy.

It is said that Clomid “stimulates” production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and therefore production of testosterone, but in fact Clomid achieves this not by stimulation of the hypothalamus and pituitary, but by blocking their inhibition by estrogen. This allows LH levels to return to normal, or even above normal levels, and consequently, natural testosterone levels to also normalise or rise above normal levels.

Clomid is an estrogen agonist and antagonist Making it an activator and blocker at the same time. This happens based on the tissue. In some tissues, Clomid acts as an activator (agonist), where others it acts as a blocker (antagonist).

Clomid is referred to as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) like Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolva). They both work alike in the fact that they are both estrogen receptor antagonists. Both of these compounds are antiestrogenic in breast tissue, fat tissue, the hypothalamus, which is ideal for bodybuilding.
They are also estrogenic in bone tissue and have a positive effect on lipid profile (cholesterol levels). Clomid also reduces the exercise-induced damage of muscle tissue which can be beneficial to endurance athletes. There is some indication that Clomid can have estrogenic effects on mood, causing some slight depression, however this is dose and user dependent, and not a common issue when taking a recommended dose.

Clomid is weaker than Nolva when looking at them mg for mg. it takes about 150mg of Clomid to equal 20mg of Nolva. However much lower doses of Clomid at around 50mg have been shown to very effective at raising testosterone levels. Higher levels of Clomid (over 100mg) is where emotional side effects and possible vision complications can come into play.

Clomid, just like nolvadex, is very safe for long term treatment of lowered testosterone levels, with studies showing it is safe to use for up to four months. And post-cycle, when steroid users are suffering form lowered testosterone levels from coming off-cycle, is when clomid is most effective.
Awesome information Rick, thank you for sharing this post for the better understanding of clomid..

changing my life around one day at a time!!

DylanGemelli said:
aSquard said:

if you run a full and extensive pct as it sounds you are then pct will be no issue for you... have you planned a bridge for after pct?
Yes, I'm following your PCT protocol and am taking MK and GW with it.

My cycle:
1-12 Test-E
15 mg Liquidex/12.5mg Aromasin EOD
8-12 S4

PCT:
Clo: 50/50/25/25
Nol: 20/20/10/10
12.5mg Aromasin EOD
.5 ml MK daily
1 ml GW 30min before working out

I switched from Liquidex to Aromosin around week 8. I feel like I'm still making gains while leaning out as well. I'm super vascular, look drier and sleep like a baby too. Looking to bridge with LGD, MK, GW and S4 before starting my 2nd Test cycle... I'm contemplating trying tren as well, but might just stick with Test and a 12 wk cycle of sarms and see how it goes

aSquard said:
DylanGemelli said:
aSquard said:

Yes, I'm following your PCT protocol and am taking MK and GW with it.

My cycle:
1-12 Test-E
15 mg Liquidex/12.5mg Aromasin EOD
8-12 S4

PCT:
Clo: 50/50/25/25
Nol: 20/20/10/10
12.5mg Aromasin EOD
.5 ml MK daily
1 ml GW 30min before working out

I switched from Liquidex to Aromosin around week 8. I feel like I'm still making gains while leaning out as well. I'm super vascular, look drier and sleep like a baby too. Looking to bridge with LGD, MK, GW and S4 before starting my 2nd Test cycle... I'm contemplating trying tren as well, but might just stick with Test and a 12 wk cycle of sarms and see how it goes

everything looks damn good except the liquidex use but you clearly corrected that... love your set up otherwise... you may want to consider blasting hcg a few weeks before pct... not a lot but a simple 1000 ius week will be fine... other than that, looks great... i love your outlook on everything... here is what i would recommend for your bridge... make sure to check out the deal going on this as well...

1-12 lgd-4033 10 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.
1-12 S4 50 mg day... split doses... 25 mg in the a.m. and 25 mg in the p.m.
1-12 GW-510516 20 mg day… dosed all at once 30 minutes before workout…
1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.
9-12 daa

Mini pct 13-16

clomid 50/25/25/25
gw-501516 20 mg day

if you need any help with anything, just let me know!

Top Bottom