napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Eating before the gym

Hey Old&Bold. Heed the warning bro! Oh do be careful, you could be playing with fire! Heed the warning in the song, "One night in Bangkok" by that band from the eighties Murray Head. Shit bro, if after listening to it or reading the lyrics you don't get it, for F's sake research it! I implore you! BE CAREFUL out there!

🤣 the ghrelin is something I think about a lot too. Usually I'm on empty but sometimes sip on isopure RTD intraworkout.

I have my best workouts on an empty stomach. Worst case scenario (if it's worst) I might have a banana, or bowl of oats. Eating prior usually has me lagging energy wise in the gym. Perhaps sipping on an ISOpure whey drink prior would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I have a hard time eating before working out. I always feel like it drags me down. I usually like to work out two hours after I've eaten, plus if I eat too close to my workout I'm not hungry enough to eat as much as I should post-workout; that's even when I do more intense workouts.

I don't work out in the morning very often due to my schedule, but if I do I usually eat a piece of sprouted grain bread with some fresh-ground peanut butter from those machines at Whole Foods.

When weight training I will usually have steel cut oatmeal an hour before hand. When grappling or sparring I do steel cut oatmeal, a banana and throughout I sip a gatorade and water. If I dont havr adequate sugars my levels drop and ill be shakey with cold sweats.

I only eat Genesis. Best one out of all the "Bible" breads. It's great with whey isolate cashew muscle butter! Or those protein peanut butters from Nuts n' More.

Last edited:
I'll take a look out for it. Definitely look for Silver Hills. They have a few different ones; I get the one called The Big 16.

Protein 6g
Fiber 4g
Calories 100
Carbs 17g

Whole Foods, but I'm not sure if all of them do. I'm in Vegas and I have family in NJ, and it's not in theirs. It's not in Trader Joe's either.

We have another chain out here called Sprouts that carries it, but I don't think they're nationwide.

I'm not a fan of Ezekiel aside from their cinnamon raisin english muffins. The Big 16 is much closer to regular whole grain bread. I toast it lightly and it's nice and soft.

Had my last Genesis and muscle butter samich today, so i'll look for that Big 16 tomorrow when I go shopping!

Sweet! Let me know how you like it. My other favorite breakfast is peanut butter and banana on two pieces of that bread. It packs a good amount of protein and fiber, not TOO bad on carbs and sugar, but you gotta watch the rest of you day after that lol.

I'm not really against natural sugar as long as the fiber is there.

My man doing the Elvis Presley with PB&B! Yeah, I agree about the fiber. Oh btw, for sugar, look up coconut palm sugar. It's like the lowest glycemic rated sugar!

Hey Old&Bold. Heed the warning bro! Oh do be careful, you could be playing with fire! Heed the warning in the song, "One night in Bangkok" by that band from the eighties Murray Head. Shit bro, if after listening to it or reading the lyrics you don't get it, for F's sake research it! I implore you! BE CAREFUL out there!

Just like the guys in Hangover 2.

I use that sometimes. My biggest thing with sugar is I try my very best to not add any sugar/sweetener to anything or eat any foods with added sweeteners. Unless it's my cheat day... then look out. It's ice cream time.

I've always done oatmeal w/ a banana one hour prior & a stimulant free preworkout 30 mins before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom