napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What I truly hope is a breakthrough for me...

Re: RE: Re: What I truly hope is a breakthrough for me...

JackSteel said:
I'm not as disciplined as you but a couple years ago I had tunnel vision and a goal to really change drastically and start competing. It didn't last long as I had two kids since and it can really take my attention away from my family. I have a drink now and then just to take the edge off and I eat what I want now. If you're not happy then what's it all for? Working is also not what life should be about. Don't make your passion into a stressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly why I have not competed again, Jack. As much as I loved competing, it did take a heavy toll on my family with the requirements of prep. I missed a lot of time with family, social events, etc. I was distanced from those I loved and it was hell for 12 weeks for me and them. If I never compete again, I'm fine with that. I've come to terms with that, and I've made a promise that they will always be first in my life.

Dylan, I have no doubt that you can find that balance in your life and find that true happiness for you and your wife. You got this man. Take it one day at a time and don't do everything at once.

RickRock said:
Dylan, I have no doubt that you can find that balance in your life and find that true happiness for you and your wife. You got this man. Take it one day at a time and don't do everything at once.

Thank you brother for everything... I have always looked up to you and your advice you have given me over all these years and you never fail to disappoint... I already know you have the experience and the answer to my questions here as you have always shown such a wonderful balance all the way around.. I can't tell you in words how much you being there for me helps... This is just something I have to come to grips with and more or less, just find the balance... I cannot help who I am and what I love to do but family should always be the priority because I could never be good enough to anyone here if my happiness was compromised... I give my best when I am the happiest and I am the happiest when I see my fiance, my mom and my family at their happiest... especially when I know the happiness is because of me... Just taking them out tonight and spending several hours with them made them so fucking happy... I didn't lose out or miss out on anything with work whatsoever and I saw the light in their eyes ALL because I gave them my time and my affection... I wish I could explain what that meant to me but I can't... All i can say is it made me feel so alive and so strong and it makes me work much more efficiently as well... THANK YOU for being here for me...

I want to thank everyone who took the time to say kind and encouraging words and for being there for me at a moment of need and slight weakness... Openly admitting things that have bothered me for YEARS is not easy yet I am the type of person that NEVER has a problem admitting when I am wrong or even weak... I think that it takes far more of a man to admit something than one that hides it and lies to himself and to everyone else... I will always be who and what I am, I cannot help it and I know I will always be regimented and disciplined but I have to ease up just a bit ONCE IN A WHILE and step back and enjoy things... I don't want to watch all these wonderful years pass by and wonder what the fuck happened... I won't change who I am but I who I am has been compromised a bit by obsession as well... I am a family man, a loving (soon to be husband) and a truly caring and appreciative son and I want to make my family happy first... I am a "put others first" kind of person but I can't make anyone else happy if I am not happy with myself and I cannot give you all what you need from me if I am not at my very best... I can still be me but ease up just a bit... I am not going to pull a 180 by any means but I need to enjoy things as well... It is so comforting to know I can lean on you guys in a time of need and you are there for me.. I love you all with everything I have got and you have my promise that I will give you all my absolute best at all times... I wanted to share a picture of me and my fiance from tonight... I took her and my mom out for dinner (sushi) and it literally made their month, no doubt... It did for me too... It was just a wonderful time and time I truly cherish... These types of things are things I need to make sure I do at least a few times a month and make sure they know how much they mean to me...
qzfbef.jpg

DylanGemelli said:
RickRock said:

Thank you brother for everything... I have always looked up to you and your advice you have given me over all these years and you never fail to disappoint... I already know you have the experience and the answer to my questions here as you have always shown such a wonderful balance all the way around.. I can't tell you in words how much you being there for me helps... This is just something I have to come to grips with and more or less, just find the balance... I cannot help who I am and what I love to do but family should always be the priority because I could never be good enough to anyone here if my happiness was compromised... I give my best when I am the happiest and I am the happiest when I see my fiance, my mom and my family at their happiest... especially when I know the happiness is because of me... Just taking them out tonight and spending several hours with them made them so fucking happy... I didn't lose out or miss out on anything with work whatsoever and I saw the light in their eyes ALL because I gave them my time and my affection... I wish I could explain what that meant to me but I can't... All i can say is it made me feel so alive and so strong and it makes me work much more efficiently as well... THANK YOU for being here for me...

I'm always here for ya brother, for anything you need. I'm happy that you were able to spend some time last night with your family, and get an idea of what something like that does for them as well as you. It's moments like that really make the difference, and I can tell by the picture you posted that it was a very happy moment for you and your fiancé. As you can see, those things are only going to help you and those you love. It's a win win for everyone, and I'm happy to see you making the necessary changes in your life to prioritize what truly matters most, without compromising anything for doing what you love to do. You will do just fine with finding that balance in your life that will bring you absolute happiness. I have no doubt, my friend

DylanGemelli said:
I want to thank everyone who took the time to say kind and encouraging words and for being there for me at a moment of need and slight weakness... Openly admitting things that have bothered me for YEARS is not easy yet I am the type of person that NEVER has a problem admitting when I am wrong or even weak... I think that it takes far more of a man to admit something than one that hides it and lies to himself and to everyone else... I will always be who and what I am, I cannot help it and I know I will always be regimented and disciplined but I have to ease up just a bit ONCE IN A WHILE and step back and enjoy things... I don't want to watch all these wonderful years pass by and wonder what the fuck happened... I won't change who I am but I who I am has been compromised a bit by obsession as well... I am a family man, a loving (soon to be husband) and a truly caring and appreciative son and I want to make my family happy first... I am a "put others first" kind of person but I can't make anyone else happy if I am not happy with myself and I cannot give you all what you need from me if I am not at my very best... I can still be me but ease up just a bit... I am not going to pull a 180 by any means but I need to enjoy things as well... It is so comforting to know I can lean on you guys in a time of need and you are there for me.. I love you all with everything I have got and you have my promise that I will give you all my absolute best at all times... I wanted to share a picture of me and my fiance from tonight... I took her and my mom out for dinner (sushi) and it literally made their month, no doubt... It did for me too... It was just a wonderful time and time I truly cherish... These types of things are things I need to make sure I do at least a few times a month and make sure they know how much they mean to me...
qzfbef.jpg
Awesome man and really that's what it's all about right there.

This really was a great post and I'm so glad I got a chance to read it. Ya see Dylan you have a lot of support here and that not only helps you but also the folks around you. I think maybe a lot of us may have needed to read this and learn from it. It may benefit us all in some way, somehow it's positive stuff for all of us.

DylanGemelli said:
qzfbef.jpg
Great job, man! That is exactly how it's supposed to be my man.

Thats awesom Dylan. Glad you got out. You need to do this every now and then. Great pic as well. I knew she was a keeper. Doing little things like this for family or friends is what makes life greater than u can imagine.
The one thing i have a lot of respect for you is that you dont hide behind a computer keyboard pretending to be someone you are not. You know who you are, and not afraid to show it. And that my friend goes a long fucking way with someone like me.

I truly LOVE every last one of you... I do hope it helps others to just open up your eyes... I have to think that so many things in my life have changed for the better because my dad is guiding me through... I KNOW he is helping me and I do take solace in this...

One thing I know about myself is that when I want something, I get it because i don't rest until I do... Simple time management, balance etc. while sounding easy, most certainly is not especially when you are set in your ways but sometimes when you sit, reevaluate and look at the bigger picture, you see the errors and mistakes that have been made and you have two choices, ignore the problem or fix it... I am a person who fixes things quickly and efficiently and that is what will happen here and every one of you made it that much easier for me to accomplish... THANK YOU for ALL the support!

Its fun being bad sometimes isnt it. Plus it tastes damn good

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Its fun being bad sometimes isnt it. Plus it tastes damn good

PHURIOUS PHARMA

I didn't even eat bad whatsoever... Straight halibut, red snapper and garlic tuna sashimi but just tasting some other plates that I generally would be terrified to do was quite fun to be honest... It was not much but it was fun and honestly, and I know this for a fact, that it's actually good for your physique to do that once in a while... I already know I deprive myself of WAY too much and I have to get over that hurdle... I guarantee with the amount I work out etc. and just the cardio alone I won't gain an ounce and I think back to how I used to live and I was also shredded regardless and I never put myself through this amount of shit... Never... I ate great but not like a fucking nazi either...

Well that for you is being bad. Lol. Wanna know what i ate lastnight. Lol. Probly not

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Spending time with your girl and her mother is a huge thing to do. Just because you may not always have time to do it dont mean that they are not missing out on bieng with you Dylan. You need to spread the love sometimes brother. Like i said before. Time flies. And you dont want to look back saying what you could of done.

Seems like all the fellas have given solid advice, and I'd be beating a dead horse, but I will say.

Anything can be taken to an extreme...so everything in moderation at times is alright. We only live ONCE.

Top Bottom