bannednutritionnapsgear

training fated

davepson

hey guys i train at 6am and i train fasted, whilst im cutting its no problem at all, i was wondering if it would hamper me when i transition to bulking though on/off cycle , anyone have much experience in this?

cheers

mickc1965

I don't see a problem with training fasted then, I have trained both fasted AM and then fed PM and the only difference for me is a couple of reps less when training fasted AM so no major issue, however it may be different for others

davepson

i could live with a couple of reps less to be honest, I've always trained fasted you see i struggle eating that early,

RickRock

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
I had extensive expereince with fasted training when I did intermittent fasting over a period of 2-3 years. I did this while both adding size in a surplus and cutting in a defecit. I never had a problem at all with performance and never had a problem adding size while doing fasted training. What matters is that you hit your macros needed to grow at the end of the day

cbbram

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
I don't think it will make much of a difference as long as you get your calories in. I personally do notice I can train harder when I've eaten, wait an hour then train. When I train fasted there have been times I burn out before my workout is over but that's usually when I'm cruising and not blasting. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

davepson

thanks guys some excellent points there, ill stick to what im doing when bulking again, macros are usually bang on so once i have got my appetite back up i should be ok hopefully,

i have had that trouble cbbram with the burning out, but my body has seemed to adapt to it so i can usually get trough my workouts, so hopefully will adapt again with the higher weight etc, fingers crossed ha

cbbram

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
i have had that trouble cbbram with the burning out, but my body has seemed to adapt to it so i can usually get trough my workouts, so hopefully will adapt again with the higher weight etc, fingers crossed ha

That's good bro I just hate running out of gas in the middle of a workout. Sometimes I'll eat something as simple as a protein bar or a small bowl of Oatmeal just to help.

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
bcaas are very very key, trust me... i would definitely have those with you while you are working out and/or immediately post workout but as others pointed out, as long as you get the right amount of calories in during the day, you should be fine... im a huge advocate of having protein right before i workout but keep in mind that i run 6 miles and do another 20 minutes on the elliptical pre lift so i need it but i always feel some sort of intake right before working out is a good thing