napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Spaghetti Squash Hashbrown

It's probably fairly obvious I'm a HUGE breakfast-foods fan, and I know I'm not alone here!

I present to you, the Spaghetti Squash Hashbrown. These are an incredible alternative to potato hashbrowns and I absolutely love them!

[attachment=0:2don9wj5]Spaghetti-Squash-Hash-Browns.jpg[/attachment:2don9wj5]

Ingredients

2 cups cooked & shredded spaghetti squash (about 1/2 small cooked squash)
1 tablespoon oil (I use coconut cooking oil, tasteless/odorless)
Salt, to taste (optional)

Directions

Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.

Press the water out of the squash with paper towels.

Form little patties (2 tablespoons or so) by pressing the squash firmly between your palms.

Place the patties gently on the warmed skillet and let cook for 5-7 minutes per side. Only flip these once if possible to get the nice browned effect.

Transfer to paper towels to drain, then serve warm. Sprinkle with some salt if desired.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 2
Serving Size: 1 cup

Per serving: Calories: 104; Total Fat: 7g; Carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 1g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 181mg; Iron: 3%; Vitamin A: 3%; Vitamin C: 9%; Calcium: 3%

This is one I definitely will be trying! I love hash browns, but obviously they aren't exactly the best thing to eat. This sounds like a wonderful alternative

RickRock said:
This is one I definitely will be trying! I love hash browns, but obviously they aren't exactly the best thing to eat. This sounds like a wonderful alternative

Gotta try 'em Rick - they're awesome!

prestigealaska said:
It's probably fairly obvious I'm a HUGE breakfast-foods fan, and I know I'm not alone here!

I present to you, the Spaghetti Squash Hashbrown. These are an incredible alternative to potato hashbrowns and I absolutely love them!

[attachment=0:34yk0k7w]Spaghetti-Squash-Hash-Browns.jpg[/attachment:34yk0k7w]

Ingredients

Directions

Form little patties (2 tablespoons or so) by pressing the squash firmly between your palms.

Place the patties gently on the warmed skillet and let cook for 5-7 minutes per side. Only flip these once if possible to get the nice browned effect.

Transfer to paper towels to drain, then serve warm. Sprinkle with some salt if desired.

Nutrition Information

Per serving: Calories: 104; Total Fat: 7g; Carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 1g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 181mg; Iron: 3%; Vitamin A: 3%; Vitamin C: 9%; Calcium: 3%

I have honestly never heard of such a thing but damn these sound good... Hashbrowns are literally one of my favorite cheats there is but i never eat them because they clearly don't fit into my diet and I never thought there was an alternative whatsoever... I will absolutely be trying these!

DylanGemelli said:
prestigealaska said:

[attachment=0:fbc7t9to]Spaghetti-Squash-Hash-Browns.jpg[/attachment:fbc7t9to]

Ingredients

Directions

Nutrition Information

I have honestly never heard of such a thing but damn these sound good... Hashbrowns are literally one of my favorite cheats there is but i never eat them because they clearly don't fit into my diet and I never thought there was an alternative whatsoever... I will absolutely be trying these!

Prepare to be amazed!

Sounds good. My girlfriend will like this. She likes to use spaghetti squash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom