napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

protein bars

drb_iac

Sometimes I have days when I go flying out of the house with nothing to eat and then the next thing I know it is 2pm. Are there any protein bars that could deliver high protein, low fat, low sugar? Last week I had a busy schedule and would wake up and mix a quart of grapefruit juice with a quart of egg whites and sip throughout the day. Problem is I have to keep it cool. Would bars work? I see there thousands of them and some just look like junk.

drb_iac said:
Sometimes I have days when I go flying out of the house with nothing to eat and then the next thing I know it is 2pm. Are there any protein bars that could deliver high protein, low fat, low sugar? Last week I had a busy schedule and would wake up and mix a quart of grapefruit juice with a quart of egg whites and sip throughout the day. Problem is I have to keep it cool. Would bars work? I see there thousands of them and some just look like junk.

Dylan recommended these to me awhile ago; both low sodium and high fiber so the net carbs are SUPER low:

http://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Chees...=1435535066&sr=8-1&keywords=ansi+protein+bars

And these:

http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Total-Lean-A...58584526&cp=3593188.45670296.12959301.4103421

I'd go with the GNC bars - they're delicious!

You can always keep some good protein powder in a zippy bag. I mix mine with water. You could grab a water at a local store and add some powder to it and shake the shit out of it. I keep it in my desk at work. I have a lil funnel I use to get the powder into the small bottle opening. LOL

I've made my own several times so I know exactly what I'm eating and they are flavored how I want . There are tons of recipes and I modify them to my nutrition values.and the store well also.

I'd just take time to prep a small meal or something instead man, when you get in the habit of bars I mean they just aren't as good as real food, none of them. The cheesecake ones seem pretty legit and of course quest bars are somewhat decent, but other than that you should try making your own with like some oats, protein powder, dried fruit, cocoa, maybe some stevia, peanut butter, whatever !

I agree. It is nothing you want to get into a habit of. I prep most of my meals on sunday and have them ready to go thru the week. Nothing beats real whole food.

JM750 said:
You can always keep some good protein powder in a zippy bag. I mix mine with water. You could grab a water at a local store and add some powder to it and shake the shit out of it. I keep it in my desk at work. I have a lil funnel I use to get the powder into the small bottle opening. LOL

That's fucking hilarious - I too am a member of the "Tiny Funnel in the Desk" club!!!

I wonder how many more here are members?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been big on protein bars, and haven't used them for a long time. However I do see the benefit when you are on the go and need something quick and easy to take. I just wouldn't make it anything regular. In that case, either Ansi or Quest bars are
Or ably the best nutrient profile you will find

JM750 said:

Just keep a blender bottle with you man. Dump the water and protein in there and you don't have to worry about the tiny opening or mixability

RickRock said:
JM750 said:

Just keep a blender bottle with you man. Dump the water and protein in there and you don't have to worry about the tiny opening or mixability

LOL, I kno. I'm too cheap to buy one! lol

prestigealaska said:
drb_iac said:

Dylan recommended these to me awhile ago; both low sodium and high fiber so the net carbs are SUPER low:

http://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Chees...=1435535066&sr=8-1&keywords=ansi+protein+bars

And these:

http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Total-Lean-A...58584526&cp=3593188.45670296.12959301.4103421

Exactly... these are the two best i have found... they have NO bull shit in them whatsoever and have such a thorough and complete macro make up... eventually, companies have to get away from the oily, additive filled, sugar high, extreme amounts of fat etc. bull shit and these are the two that do that as of now.. even quest has extremely high sodium content where these do not... also, quest was sued about lying about the amounts of fiber the bars actually contained...

the gnc ones are surprisingly thorough and the apple pie bar is fucking absurd it tastes so good... heat it for 12-15 seconds and prepare to be blown away...

I'm on the move a lot recently and protien bars have been a staple for me. I'm big on Quest Bars. I have a hard time not eating all of them right away, that cookies and cream has me fucked up.

DylanGemelli said:
prestigealaska said:
drb_iac said:

And these:

Exactly... these are the two best i have found... they have NO bull shit in them whatsoever and have such a thorough and complete macro make up... eventually, companies have to get away from the oily, additive filled, sugar high, extreme amounts of fat etc. bull shit and these are the two that do that as of now.. even quest has extremely high sodium content where these do not... also, quest was sued about lying about the amounts of fiber the bars actually contained...

the gnc ones are surprisingly thorough and the apple pie bar is fucking absurd it tastes so good... heat it for 12-15 seconds and prepare to be blown away...

sick dude i may have to check this out

markdevito said:
I'm on the move a lot recently and protien bars have been a staple for me. I'm big on Quest Bars. I have a hard time not eating all of them right away, that cookies and cream has me fucked up.

i posted some far better alternatives for you bro... i would recommend checking those out as opposed to quest

I agree with Dylan here. Most of the bars I've run into are worse than a candy bar. They try and get you to avoid reading the ingredients by listing high amounts of protein on the front of the wrapper. The kinds of fats they use in most of these are the worst fats imaginable for someone trying to build a great physique or live a healthy life. The 2 Dylan recommended are the only decent ones I've found. Remember, a short cut is always a shortcut. Hard work and prep always take you farther bro.

I seen a few people do their own protein bars, anyone have some good recipes out their?

changing my life around one day at a time!!

RickRock said:
I've never been big on protein bars, and haven't used them for a long time. However I do see the benefit when you are on the go and need something quick and easy to take. I just wouldn't make it anything regular. In that case, either Ansi or Quest bars are
Or ably the best nutrient profile you will find

I agree and I think we have to be very careful with some of this stuff.

I once received a handful of protein bars as a gift which tasted too good to be true. They were from a reputable manufacturer and the nutrition/macro count on the back was incredible. Next to no carbs or fat - but tasty as hell.

It really struck me at the time, so I ran a small experiment. I placed a portion of the protein bar outside over night, as well as a raw carrot and a slice of bread, all spaced around a foot apart.

In the morning the protein bar was swarming with ants, but they didn't want to know about the bread or carrot.

I googled every ingredient on the back of the label that I didn't recognize, and it turned out that one of them was a sugar that didn't have to be 'counted as a carbohydrate' when food manufacturers create their products..

I guess the moral of the story is always beware of macro labels on any refined food :)

(Please know I'm not suggesting that there aren't good products out there though)

I think my absolute favorite tasting protein bar has to be ISS Research Oh Yeah Bars! (Vanilla Toffee Fudge or Chocolate Peanut Butter).

My second favorite (best macros unless you are watching fats and sugar alcohols) Creamy Peanut Butter Think Thin Bars.

Best protein bars for macros, my opinion: Oh Yeah Victory Bars or Quest Bars. I'm hesitant on quest bars due to them getting in trouble about falsifying their ingredient label. Victory Bars are soft and cookie like, delicious!!!

I really love the white chocolate raspberry quest bars. I usually treat myself to 2 of them every weekend.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Bottom