napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Outer pec/ front delt injury

Chris11

Hey had a weird thing happen the other day and wondered if anyone has had this, I was benching and during my working set I lowered the bar down and felt what I’d describe as a pins and needles feeling in my left pec/ front delt. It’s a weird spot like when you lift your arm where your outer upper chest connects to your shoulder/arm. Nothing popped or pulled but definitely a sharp pain. No loss of movement or strength just pain during pushing movements. Obviously stopping hitting chest for awhile.

Was thinking of using some leftover mk2866 and mk677 I had from my hernia surgery. Any advice? Anyone have an issue with this spot?

i would start using them yes and i would take it very very easy on your chest and shoulders for now... if you still feel pain in 5 days, i would go see a doctor bro

Could have been the start of a pec strain, or even the beginning of a tear. Defnitely take it easy on chest and let that heal up. Probably should avoid bench press for a while which see,s to aggravate those types of injuries in people more than anyother exercise. I had a shoulder injury from benching that kept me from doing flat bench for a good year and a half

Rick will definitely layoff the bench for awhile maybe even take it out all together and replace with dumbbell lifts.

Dylan and EZ, as of now no bruising but it’s right under a huge purple stretch mark but besides that nothing out of the ordinary.

I’ve really had a focus on delts, upper chest the last few weeks so I think my dumbass just overdid it a little. Will relax with it for awhile.

Thanks guys if it’s bad in a few days I’ll go see a doc. Just hoping for the best don’t want to miss out on this cycle I have planned for the summer and not gonna do it unless everything is 100 percent.

This is another reason why old school barbell bench press should be OUT.

Yea I’ve heard that many times I’ve always just kinda stuck with it since it was a staple with football training high school and college but I’m learning the hard way it’s not the best. Dumbbells definitely create a more natural movement.

Yea I’ve heard that many times I’ve always just kinda stuck with it since it was a staple with football training high school and college but I’m learning the hard way it’s not the best. Dumbbells definitely create a more natural movement.

I found that in my 40's there are more tweaks needed.....bench is really obsolete unless you're a stromgman

I’m still in my late 20s but I feel older, football did a number on my joints for sure. Feel like I went from high school where nothing could ever hurt to being done playing after college waking up and shit being sore all the time lol.

yes, just take it easy brother and i would consider hitting dumbbells for your bench or even the smith machine...

Hey wanted to give a quick update went to a buddy whose a sports doc I trust, he said no tear just a pretty decent strain on the tendon that connects your chest to your shoulder along with tendinitis. I’ve been admittedly overdoing chest because it’s been lagging so not a huge surprise. Also would like to note though that I’ve been taking the GW and I’ve noticed a huge improvement in flexibility and suppression of pain/inflammation. Took a few weeks off just today hit dumbbells light felt good as new. Will eliminate bench for good I’m thinking and continue on a more sustainable workload. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Hey wanted to give a quick update went to a buddy whose a sports doc I trust, he said no tear just a pretty decent strain on the tendon that connects your chest to your shoulder along with tendinitis. I’ve been admittedly overdoing chest because it’s been lagging so not a huge surprise. Also would like to note though that I’ve been taking the GW and I’ve noticed a huge improvement in flexibility and suppression of pain/inflammation. Took a few weeks off just today hit dumbbells light felt good as new. Will eliminate bench for good I’m thinking and continue on a more sustainable workload. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Good to hear on all fronts bossman.

Sounds good bro, and glad it wasn't a bad tear

thanks for the update

Top Bottom