napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Maximizing my first SARM cycle questions?

Jaacyn71

Hi everyone,

Got my Ostabolic and mini-pct package in the mail today and man if I wasn't like a kid waiting for Christmas the last few days. So basic info. I posted about a week ago:

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 152 lbs.
Bodyfat %: guessing around 10%, I haven't gotten it measured recently
Years of Training: 20+ (have done weight training in various forms since a teenager, no long layoffs but no real intensity last 2 years (the last month I have been back at it hard)
1 cycle Test Cyp back in the late 90's (great gains!)
No PCT on that so I lost most of it - did a bodybuilding show a few months after the cycle, that was rough
Current Goals: Muscle Mass Increase, Recovery Time Reduction, Joint Comfort, Staying Lean
Supplements: ZMA, Pre-workout, Omega 3's, Protein Powders, Creatine, Vits A & D, Trans-resveratrol, CoQ10

Workout schedule - 6 times per week
Sunday - Back
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Biceps
Wednesday - Shoulders
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Triceps
Saturday - rest day

3 sets to failure per exercise, 3-4 exercises per muscle group (few more for back and legs). 1 minute rest between sets or enough to recover heart rate and breathing, then next set. Try to pick a weight where I will fail at 10-12 reps on set 1. Fast positive, slow negative on each rep for most exercises. Throw calves, abs and sometimes forearm work at the end of each days muscle group.

Diet is 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat at around 2500 calories a day. Protein source at each meal with some type of starchy carb (oatmeal or sweet potato mostly) and either a vegetable or fruit, along with some added fat.

As my goals list, I would like to add lean mass while retaining my current body composition. This will be my first time with a SARM and I am wondering how much to increase my daily calories and if a change in workout would help me gain mass faster. I am only running ostabolic this time but I assume when it kicks in I will be pushing myself harder and my caloric needs will increase. I mean yes, I can just randomly try different amounts like adding an extra 500 or 1000 calories throughout the day, but I was hoping someone with experience might be able to narrow it down for me a bit, I haven't tried to gain significant weight in like 15 years and I don't want to gain a bunch of fat weight.

Thanks for any and all information,
Jason

Hi everyone,

Got my Ostabolic and mini-pct package in the mail today and man if I wasn't like a kid waiting for Christmas the last few days. So basic info. I posted about a week ago:

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 152 lbs.
Bodyfat %: guessing around 10%, I haven't gotten it measured recently
Years of Training: 20+ (have done weight training in various forms since a teenager, no long layoffs but no real intensity last 2 years (the last month I have been back at it hard)
1 cycle Test Cyp back in the late 90's (great gains!)
No PCT on that so I lost most of it - did a bodybuilding show a few months after the cycle, that was rough
Current Goals: Muscle Mass Increase, Recovery Time Reduction, Joint Comfort, Staying Lean
Supplements: ZMA, Pre-workout, Omega 3's, Protein Powders, Creatine, Vits A & D, Trans-resveratrol, CoQ10

Workout schedule - 6 times per week
Sunday - Back
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Biceps
Wednesday - Shoulders
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Triceps
Saturday - rest day

3 sets to failure per exercise, 3-4 exercises per muscle group (few more for back and legs). 1 minute rest between sets or enough to recover heart rate and breathing, then next set. Try to pick a weight where I will fail at 10-12 reps on set 1. Fast positive, slow negative on each rep for most exercises. Throw calves, abs and sometimes forearm work at the end of each days muscle group.

Diet is 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat at around 2500 calories a day. Protein source at each meal with some type of starchy carb (oatmeal or sweet potato mostly) and either a vegetable or fruit, along with some added fat.

As my goals list, I would like to add lean mass while retaining my current body composition. This will be my first time with a SARM and I am wondering how much to increase my daily calories and if a change in workout would help me gain mass faster. I am only running ostabolic this time but I assume when it kicks in I will be pushing myself harder and my caloric needs will increase. I mean yes, I can just randomly try different amounts like adding an extra 500 or 1000 calories throughout the day, but I was hoping someone with experience might be able to narrow it down for me a bit, I haven't tried to gain significant weight in like 15 years and I don't want to gain a bunch of fat weight.

Thanks for any and all information,
Jason

I suggest checking out my diet and nutrition thread for info on structuring your diet bro. It should help give you all the tools you need https://www.isarms.com/forums/steroids-sarms-information/diet-nutrition-basics-101-a-3314.html

Thanks RickRock, looking at your example of the 170 lb guy trying to gain a pound a week and for me, just adding a little extra to all my meals to get to the additional calories.

Top Bottom