napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Junk Food and Weight Loss

m555zma

I've been dieting+working out for 8 years now.. I've noticed a strong pattern between breaking weight plateus and consumption of junk food..

The first weight I always get stuck at when cutting is 180lbs. I'll be stuck at 180 for weeks. At my last 180 plateu I had a 6 pack of Oreos and a giant size rice krispy treat; 3 days later I hit 177lbs..

Of course I got stuck at 177 for 2-3 weeks (on 1900 calorie deficit+cardio eo workout)

Then, 4 days ago, my last cheat day I had 4 McDonald's breakfast sandwiches 🤢🤮

No surprise, this morning 5/1/22, I am now 174lbs...

Now of course something calorically dense, yet whole, would be the better option such as fruit.
I'm merely pointing out an interesting correlation between bursts of calories and immediate weight loss.

Most would use junk food during bulking, while I am the exact opposite. When bulking, you're already in a calorie surplus. I'm not then stacking high glycemic junk ON TOP of that.

Male, 39 in July, 5'9, mesomorph

i never follow my own rules of doing cheat meals but the cheat, WHEN USED PROPERLY, is actually quite necessary and beneficial... the problem is people over do it and take advantage... however its not surprising if you mix it in as it is supposed to be that you would have that kind of effect

Cheat meals are something that are needed however not to be abused as we often see. I am not surprised by your findings

the trash you put into your body will effect your overall health

if you want to just focus on weight changes then that is on you. that refined junk going into your food is effecting other things. you don't see healthy 90 year olds in blue zones that eat mcdonalds for a reason

also remember The Rock eats 8000 calories a day and is ripped year round
your fat neighbor eats 1500 calories a day and is obese

the whole calorie in thing is bullshit when you don't factor in calories out which is effected by far more than how much exericse you do everyday. its a long explanation that i don't have time for but have discussed many times on my podcast

the trash you put into your body will effect your overall health

if you want to just focus on weight changes then that is on you. that refined junk going into your food is effecting other things. you don't see healthy 90 year olds in blue zones that eat mcdonalds for a reason

also remember The Rock eats 8000 calories a day and is ripped year round
your fat neighbor eats 1500 calories a day and is obese

the whole calorie in thing is bullshit when you don't factor in calories out which is effected by far more than how much exericse you do everyday. its a long explanation that i don't have time for but have discussed many times on my podcast
Good point. These types of foods are loaded with trans fats which sit in the stomach because they're hard to break down. Top ramen is a good example

i never follow my own rules of doing cheat meals but the cheat, WHEN USED PROPERLY, is actually quite necessary and beneficial... the problem is people over do it and take advantage... however its not surprising if you mix it in as it is supposed to be that you would have that kind of effect
Dylan hit the big points here. Cheat meals have their place when used the right way. Ive been doing it for well over a decade

Top Bottom