napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Intermittent fasting facts and fiction explained: by RickRock

Since SARMS are meant to be taken in the morning, when practicing IF should I wait till first meal to take them?

Since SARMS are meant to be taken in the morning, when practicing IF should I wait till first meal to take them?
No need to. The caloric content is minuscule in a ml or 2 of sarms. You will not break your fast. You can take them with your first meal if you choose but it's not actually necessary

Thanks Rick!. I always here about intermittent fasting but I never bothered to look it up. Now I’m reading it since you have it up.[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main goal has been fat loss. I started implementing IF and had great results with it. I see you mention you train at 6am and don't eat until noon. I train at 6 and my first meal is typically around 1pm. I'm glad you pointed out BCAAs are OK during the fast, because I was really struggling with the mentality that I wasn't refueling for several hours. Do you think there's any benefit to moving the feeding window around the workout? I haven't becasue fasting while sleeping is just soooo easy!

Are any of you taking any preworkout while fasted?
What type of calorie deficit has everyone whose cutting been using while IF?

My main goal has been fat loss. I started implementing IF and had great results with it. I see you mention you train at 6am and don't eat until noon. I train at 6 and my first meal is typically around 1pm. I'm glad you pointed out BCAAs are OK during the fast, because I was really struggling with the mentality that I wasn't refueling for several hours. Do you think there's any benefit to moving the feeding window around the workout? I haven't becasue fasting while sleeping is just soooo easy!

Are any of you taking any preworkout while fasted?
What type of calorie deficit has everyone whose cutting been using while IF?

I personally prefer fasted training. I think it's highly beneficial over training in a fed state. It's also easier to fast for me mornings and eat at noon and have dinner with family.

I do use a preworkout. No issues with that and the stimulants make the fast easier as well.

Defecit depends on the individual but regardless of the diet you use I dont recommend over a 500 deficit.

Great thread guys. The science is pretty cool. Training while fasted when GH level are high with a limited feeding window helps with insulin sensitivity yeah? I am only about 4 weeks into a 6 hourly feeding window and have adjusted well. Keen to hear what people thing about this long term and even the more extreme one meal a day version if anyone has tried it.

I do not do this, but my wife does.
She wanted to loose weight.
Of course it worked better since it was not my idea. Ha ha
She is not a person that enjoys exercising at all. Like would prefer zero. However I am proud of her she is doing. She is 47.
She does not use any foods sarms or anything. She does not know I am experimenting with sarms.I found it interesting that while she was researching fasting she read Rick rocks stuff some where. She also was impressed with his write up.
Good job sir!!
She started by fasting 2 or three days a weeks .
Yep last meal was 9 pm then nothing the next day until breakfast the following day. that’s like 30 something hours!
I would have eating my arm off.
She did that for 9 months or so.
Now for the past year she does 8 last food then eats at noon next day. That like 16 hrs everyday. She exercises in the am while fasted.
This is still netting some lose but is a better maintenance for her. She loves it.. she counts macros extremely well and logs everything. Plans her next day. She also carb cycles during the week.
It has become her life style. She makes it look easy.
Thanks rick for the write up.

Last edited:
Great thread guys. The science is pretty cool. Training while fasted when GH level are high with a limited feeding window helps with insulin sensitivity yeah? I am only about 4 weeks into a 6 hourly feeding window and have adjusted well. Keen to hear what people thing about this long term and even the more extreme one meal a day version if anyone has tried it.
Fasting is very beneficial to health long term. It has been shown to increase life expectancy and improve nearly all health markers. It's a great lifestyle to live.

For those that resistance train I'm not a fan of one meal a day. I think you have a better balance for fat loss and muscle gain doing the 6 to 8 hour feeding window

I do not do this, but my wife does.
She wanted to loose weight.
Of course it worked better since it was not my idea. Ha ha
She is not a person that enjoys exercising at all. Like would prefer zero. However I am proud of her she is doing. She is 47.
She does not use any foods sarms or anything. She does not know I am experimenting with sarms.I found it interesting that while she was researching fasting she read Rick rocks stuff some where. She also was impressed with his write up.
Good job sir!!
She started by fasting 2 or three days a weeks .
Yep last meal was 9 pm then nothing the next day until breakfast the following day. that’s like 30 something hours!
I would have eating my arm off.
She did that for 9 months or so.
Now for the past year she does 8 last food then eats at noon next day. That like 16 hrs everyday. She exercises in the am while fasted.
This is still netting some lose but is a better maintenance for her. She loves it.. she counts macros extremely well and logs everything. Plans her next day. She also carb cycles during the week.
It has become her life style. She makes it look easy.
Thanks rick for the write up.
Awesome to hear brother. Thanks for the feedback. My wife doesmt exercise either but she does fast each day and has a shortened feeding window. She also happens to be 47. She is able to maintain a very healthy and lean112 to 115 lb bodyweight just by fasting each day. She doesmt even eat as remotely clean as me either or exercise.

I'm glad your wife found the info useful and glad shes doing well with it

Might be a dumb question but can you fast during bulk ? I would think so, but eating 2500-3000 kcal in 2 meals would be kinda filling and very slow digesting .. how would this work ?

Might be a dumb question but can you fast during bulk ? I would think so, but eating 2500-3000 kcal in 2 meals would be kinda filling and very slow digesting .. how would this work ?
Yes you absolutely can. I did it many times with great success. It will generally keep your gains cleaner and leaner than traditional dieting.

After doing IF for a while you'll find that optimizing your grehlin levels will allow you to eat 1500 calories in a sitting quite easily

Hmm I might have to try this. I gain fat relatively quick and I'm thinking IF might be a good idea. Do you have a protein shake Post Work out ?

Hmm I might have to try this. I gain fat relatively quick and I'm thinking IF might be a good idea. Do you have a protein shake Post Work out ?
Not unless its during the feeding window. I typically would work out early am and then fast until noon.

Great job writing this Dylan, I am pretty sure this simplify the job for a lot of us.
I am a big fan of IF and I've been on it for 2 years now.

Top Bottom