napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Gains stalling after 5 weeks

Hey people,

Here we are again. Eating around 3500 calories now. Still the exact same weight, not even kidding. Exactly the same.

I feel like I am wasting the Deca. Should I quit the cycle and wait until myostatin comes down and start a new cycle after my time off or lower to TRT dosage of Test for a few weeks and then go back up again?

This is depressing. Still getting stronger and having awesome workouts... but not a pound on the scale. :(

i have read through this thread a couple times cause I find myostatin to be a very interesting topic. I have a few questions, how much do you weigh? How much do you want to weigh? Why do you think it's myostatin that's stopping you from gaining weight? Why can't it be that your doing more of a recomp and dropping body fat while increasing lean body mass? Are you monitoring body fat?

i have read through this thread a couple times cause I find myostatin to be a very interesting topic. I have a few questions, how much do you weigh? How much do you want to weigh? Why do you think it's myostatin that's stopping you from gaining weight? Why can't it be that your doing more of a recomp and dropping body fat while increasing lean body mass? Are you monitoring body fat?
Yes, these are ALL things you want to ask yourself and explore before throwing in the towel on the cycle. I would say at this point myostatin is playing a large factor considering you kickstarted with an oral, but I would still try to initiate more gains by imploding different training methods and/or increasing calories a little more. Give that another2-4 weeks and if you haven't gained anything positive really, then it may be time to wrap it up

Please stop this madness!!! Deca hasn't even kicked in yet and you want to stop your cycle. If you want to gain weight eat more. Also for someone as impatient as you drop the oral next time and just run NPP instead of Deca.

Yes, these are ALL things you want to ask yourself and explore before throwing in the towel on the cycle. I would say at this point myostatin is playing a large factor considering you kickstarted with an oral, but I would still try to initiate more gains by imploding different training methods and/or increasing calories a little more. Give that another2-4 weeks and if you haven't gained anything positive really, then it may be time to wrap it up

Hey Rick I agree!! Can myostatin inhibit hypertrophy at 5 weeks? I believe OP is around week 8 if my math is correct and the couple times I have run deca week 7 or 8 Is when I can see and feel the deca kicking in. Wouldn't the deca kicking in surpress the rise of myostatin for a little while? I am seriously considering what you have mentioned a few times about using the oral compounds around this time instead of kick starting with them.

Hey Rick I agree!! Can myostatin inhibit hypertrophy at 5 weeks? I believe OP is around week 8 if my math is correct and the couple times I have run deca week 7 or 8 Is when I can see and feel the deca kicking in. Wouldn't the deca kicking in surpress the rise of myostatin for a little while? I am seriously considering what you have mentioned a few times about using the oral compounds around this time instead of kick starting with them.
Myostatin typically doesn't hit early in 5 weeks unless you really hit the androgens hard early in the cycle with orals, powerful short esters like tren, etc...but it is possible yes.

I agree with you on the deca. Typically my best gains are after about 6 weeks when it starts getting really good. However, I do not start with an oral anymore, so that plays a factor in that. I will end with winstrol on occasion which makes sense

Myostatin typically doesn't hit early in 5 weeks unless you really hit the androgens hard early in the cycle with orals, powerful short esters like tren, etc...but it is possible yes.

I agree with you on the deca. Typically my best gains are after about 6 weeks when it starts getting really good. However, I do not start with an oral anymore, so that plays a factor in that. I will end with winstrol on occasion which makes sense

This is a interesting topic and I know you have done a lot of research on it. I have read that how much time off cycle impacts myostatin in the next cycle have you found that to be true? One other thing I have read is that high intensity Workouts have shown to surpress myostatin levels.

As I recall, the OP is in the mid 5' range and 150ish. The only reason I remember these numbers is when he posted his stats I thought to myself "he's kind of a little guy" (no offense bro-Manta) Not sure about bf% tho. Recomp was my first thought as well, but he seems to be taking in a heck of a lot of calories above maintenance for his body weight with nothing to show after 7 weeks on cycle...this is very strange indeed

As I recall, the OP is in the mid 5' range and 150ish. The only reason I remember these numbers is when he posted his stats I thought to myself "he's kind of a little guy" (no offense bro-Manta) Not sure about bf% tho. Recomp was my first thought as well, but he seems to be taking in a heck of a lot of calories above maintenance for his body weight with nothing to show after 7 weeks on cycle...this is very strange indeed

Yeah, kinda short at 5.5 feet. And I weigh 178 pounds now. At 14 percent when I started, I might have dropped to 13 now. I do look a bit leaner definitely, but that would not make sense since I am eating so much right?

When I started the cycle I was about 155 pounds, kickstarted with Dbol. Gained alot of weight ofcourse, and after stopping I have lost NONE of those 20 pounds... (seems pretty insane to me actually)

My strength is still increasing, so it is definitely working. I don't want a quick fix, O was just very worried I was just wasting Deca at this point. I will finish the cycle as intended and try not to worry so much!

If you guys think it would be better to make it a recomp in the last weeks, I am totally fine on that idea as well!

Yeah, kinda short at 5.5 feet. And I weigh 178 pounds now. At 14 percent when I started, I might have dropped to 13 now. I do look a bit leaner definitely, but that would not make sense since I am eating so much right?

When I started the cycle I was about 155 pounds, kickstarted with Dbol. Gained alot of weight ofcourse, and after stopping I have lost NONE of those 20 pounds... (seems pretty insane to me actually)

My strength is still increasing, so it is definitely working. I don't want a quick fix, O was just very worried I was just wasting Deca at this point. I will finish the cycle as intended and try not to worry so much!

If you guys think it would be better to make it a recomp in the last weeks, I am totally fine on that idea as well!

If your 23lbs heavier and look leaner Those are INCREDIBLE results bro!!!!

bro for fucks sake, 23 lbs?? when i ran anadrol my last cycle, i gained pretty most most of my weight when i was on it and that was roughly 25 lbs... you are not going to add 50 fucking pounds bro... im not sure what you expect but to have that kind of increase is unreal... your gains are NOT stalling at all... not one bit... you cant expect to gain weight the entire time... part of this is it evening itself out from water to muscle, more strength, and just maintaining throughout... you are almost getting greedy at this point

I know, I was mindfucked as well... not greedy, I was just getting the idea that I maybe fucked something up!

And yes, I did get a lot bigger... I will keep doing the cycle of course and let the last weeks give me some kind of recomp! Maybe I needed these kind of words to get me back to earth to be honest...

Thanks guys for being real! :)

This is a interesting topic and I know you have done a lot of research on it. I have read that how much time off cycle impacts myostatin in the next cycle have you found that to be true? One other thing I have read is that high intensity Workouts have shown to surpress myostatin levels.
It's absolutely true bro. That's why I tell everyone no less than 12 weeks off between cycles minimum at regular physiological levels. It takes that long to get myostatin baselined. Taking even longer between cycles is even better. The longer you take off between cycles, the better your cycles will be and that is fact, because myostatin also is relative to memory, and the less time you take between cycles the quicker it rises going on. That's why you see guys doing their first cycle in a couple years having gains similar to a first cycle again. It's all relative and correlates.

It's absolutely true bro. That's why I tell everyone no less than 12 weeks off between cycles minimum at regular physiological levels. It takes that long to get myostatin baselined. Taking even longer between cycles is even better. The longer you take off between cycles, the better your cycles will be and that is fact, because myostatin also is relative to memory, and the less time you take between cycles the quicker it rises going on. That's why you see guys doing their first cycle in a couple years having gains similar to a first cycle again. It's all relative and correlates.

Very valuable info Rick!! It makes complete sense to me and is another reason why having a solid base prior to starting your first cycle is crucial. A lot of people don't know how to keep making progress off cycle and rely solely on being on cycle in order to attain their goals.

absolutely right and thats one of the reasons why i dont understand why people sometimes actually never come off or run 5 or 6 cycles in a year... its PSYCHOLOGICAL on them... its all in their head

Maybe Epichatechin could be used in or after PCT. To help it drop more for a bit of an easier way to get natty gains?

Do SARMs increase myostatin as well? (Slower I guess, but still an increase?)

I know, I was mindfucked as well... not greedy, I was just getting the idea that I maybe fucked something up!

And yes, I did get a lot bigger... I will keep doing the cycle of course and let the last weeks give me some kind of recomp! Maybe I needed these kind of words to get me back to earth to be honest...

Thanks guys for being real! :)

No problem brother. You just have to be grounded in reality, and when your body takes on 20 lbs early, myostatin will put the brakes on quickly. It's your body responding to change, whch it doesn't like to do. Your body constantly tries to achieve homeostasis and maintain its current state. Your body is designed to use that hormone to limit muscle growth. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. It's a survival tactic. A bigger more muscular body requires more food, and your body doesn't want any more muscle than it "needs" to function properly and do the tasks it needs to. That's why we must constantly fight against it and train our asses off, feed those muscles, and do everything we can to keep muscle and make new muscle

This needs to be a sticky... just saying

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Appreciate it bro! Stay tuned. This thread has obviously sparked a lot of interest and discussion, so I plan to make a series of threads on this topic from different scenarios to help everyone get the most out of their cycles

Appreciate it bro! Stay tuned. This thread has obviously sparked a lot of interest and discussion, so I plan to make a series of threads on this topic from different scenarios to help everyone get the most out of their cycles

Looking forward to that!!!

Top Bottom