napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Fruit & Almond Butter Quesadilla

Prepare to have your breakfast kick the shit out of all other breakfasts! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you
The Fruit & Almond Butter Quesadilla!
[attachment=0:372z4gcd]almond-butter-pomegranate-quesadilla.jpg[/attachment:372z4gcd]

Fruit + Almond Butter Quesadilla

Ingredients

2 Low carb whole wheat tortilla (I like the ones from La Tortilla Factory; they're available at most grocery stores across the US with all the other tortillas. Because of their high fiber profile they only have 6g of net carbs!)
6 tablespoons almond butter
1 large banana, sliced
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (In a pinch I'll sub craisins/raisins)
Cooking oil spray (I use grapeseed or coconut oil sprays)

Directions

First, preheat a large non-stick pan to medium/high heat. Lightly spray with cooking oil.

Then, prep quesadillas by spreading on about 3 tablespoons of almond butter on each tortilla (make sure to leave about an inch to the side so it doesn’t ooze almond butter everywhere when you close it.

Top one half of the quesadilla with sliced bananas, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon. Then, fold the tortilla in half.

Cook quesadillas for about 3 minutes on each side or until the tortilla begins to brown.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 quesadilla

Per serving: Calories: 400; Total Fat: 28g; Carbohydrate: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 23g; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 22g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 603mg; Iron: 24%; Vitamin A: 1%; Vitamin C: 8%; Calcium: 13%

aside from the bananas (which I am allergic to) that sounds amazing bro.... thanks for posting!

Top Bottom