napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diets

bromants

I have been doing research on intemidiate fasting vs keto vs 5-8 meals a day.
My main goals are to lower body fat and build muscle. Which would be best for me? Not messing with the macros yet just trying to figure out what type of diet would be good. Or how about mixture of it?

In my opinion Keto has the highest risk of losing muscle so I would not use Keto. I have read mixed reviews about intermittent fasting but have never tried it. Here is my opinion the best way of going about finding the right nutrition plan and the most important part is finding what works for you!! I found this online and it is very similar to what I do to start a estimated caloric need.
1) find your body fat. Bioelctricl impedence is the most inaccurate way of calculating your body fat. Dylan did a video on how to calculate your body fat percentages I suggest you watch that.
2. Take your body fat percentage and subtract it by your total body weight for your lean bodyweight. If you were 200lbs and had 15% body fat, then you would have a lean bodyweight of 170lbs. 200 x .15 (covert body fat percentage to decimal point) = 30. 200 - 30 = 170lbs
3. Convert your lean body weight from lbs to kg (if you weighed in kg, you can skip this) by dividing your lean body weight by 2.2. 170 / 2.2 = 77.27kg
4. Input your lean body weight into the formula 370 = (21.6 x 77.27kg)
5. Multiply 21.6 by your lean body weight 21.6 x 77.27 = 1669.032
6. Add 370 to that number to get your BMR 1669.032 + 370 = 2039.032, or 2039 calories

Having figured out your BMR, you now need to calculate your TDEE. This is done simply by multiplying your activity level in this list below with your BMR.

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2

If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375

If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55

If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725

If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Unless you have a very demanding manual labor focused job, it’s likely that you will use a 1.55 activity factor with the given workout split. Take your BMR 2039 and multiply it by 1.55 to get your TDEE

2039 x 1.55 = 3160
After finding your TDEE make you adjustments to that number for whatever goal you have.
Bulking= add 300-500 calories to your TDEE
Recomp= from a deficit of 250 calories- to your TDEE. This all depends on how you personally assimilate nutirients.
Cutting=a deficit of 500 calories
With all of these goals you must monitor you weight from week to week to make sure your heading in the right direction.
I set up macros a little different then using percentages. I start with protein and pending my goal decide how many grams I will consume in a day. I then go to carbs and start at 1 gram per lb of goal weight. I then go to fat and fill the remaining calories from fat. After I get my macros I test my numbers for 2 weeks and see how my body responds. If my weight stays the same after two weeks I know I have an accurate TDEE.

I have been doing research on intemidiate fasting vs keto vs 5-8 meals a day.
My main goals are to lower body fat and build muscle. Which would be best for me? Not messing with the macros yet just trying to figure out what type of diet would be good. Or how about mixture of it?
I'm not a fan of keto but I have done IF with great success.

In my opinion Keto has the highest risk of losing muscle so I would not use Keto. I have read mixed reviews about intermittent fasting but have never tried it. Here is my opinion the best way of going about finding the right nutrition plan and the most important part is finding what works for you!! I found this online and it is very similar to what I do to start a estimated caloric need.
1) find your body fat. Bioelctricl impedence is the most inaccurate way of calculating your body fat. Dylan did a video on how to calculate your body fat percentages I suggest you watch that.
2. Take your body fat percentage and subtract it by your total body weight for your lean bodyweight. If you were 200lbs and had 15% body fat, then you would have a lean bodyweight of 170lbs. 200 x .15 (covert body fat percentage to decimal point) = 30. 200 - 30 = 170lbs
3. Convert your lean body weight from lbs to kg (if you weighed in kg, you can skip this) by dividing your lean body weight by 2.2. 170 / 2.2 = 77.27kg
4. Input your lean body weight into the formula 370 = (21.6 x 77.27kg)
5. Multiply 21.6 by your lean body weight 21.6 x 77.27 = 1669.032
6. Add 370 to that number to get your BMR 1669.032 + 370 = 2039.032, or 2039 calories

Having figured out your BMR, you now need to calculate your TDEE. This is done simply by multiplying your activity level in this list below with your BMR.

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2

If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375

If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55

If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725

If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Unless you have a very demanding manual labor focused job, it’s likely that you will use a 1.55 activity factor with the given workout split. Take your BMR 2039 and multiply it by 1.55 to get your TDEE

2039 x 1.55 = 3160
After finding your TDEE make you adjustments to that number for whatever goal you have.
Bulking= add 300-500 calories to your TDEE
Recomp= from a deficit of 250 calories- to your TDEE. This all depends on how you personally assimilate nutirients.
Cutting=a deficit of 500 calories
With all of these goals you must monitor you weight from week to week to make sure your heading in the right direction.
I set up macros a little different then using percentages. I start with protein and pending my goal decide how many grams I will consume in a day. I then go to carbs and start at 1 gram per lb of goal weight. I then go to fat and fill the remaining calories from fat. After I get my macros I test my numbers for 2 weeks and see how my body responds. If my weight stays the same after two weeks I know I have an accurate TDEE.

Did you copy and paste all this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a believer in intermittent fasting. Works great plus i dont do keto really i just dont eat much carbs naturally. Not really a carb fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what CC said is spot on. I'm one of those people who hates fad diets. Get your caloric needs and depending on goals add or subtract. Weight loss or weight gain is not magic it's pretty simple math honestly. Now please excuse me while I slam down this gyro and fries lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think what CC said is spot on. I'm one of those people who hates fad diets. Get your caloric needs and depending on goals add or subtract. Weight loss or weight gain is not magic it's pretty simple math honestly. Now please excuse me while I slam down this gyro and fries lol

i agree with everything aside from the gyro and fries! LOLL and thats only because im jealous!!

Haha gyro and fries sounds crazy good!!! That taziki sauce is the shit!!! Haven't had a gyro in years!

You gotta get one CC missing out... Rick house of gyros on Eldorado is where it's at... just don't look in the kitchen hahaha

Thank you guys so much i appreciate it. And so if I did if. 16/8 would I work my way into everyday. So like first week do 3 days and increase it eventually to 7 days? And 3 larger meals over the 8 hour course is fine to reach my Goal for macros?

Thank you guys so much i appreciate it. And so if I did if. 16/8 would I work my way into everyday. So like first week do 3 days and increase it eventually to 7 days? And 3 larger meals over the 8 hour course is fine to reach my Goal for macros?

Rick has had great result with IF he would be the one to reply to that bro! I am sure he will chime in soon!

You gotta get one CC missing out... Rick house of gyros on Eldorado is where it's at... just don't look in the kitchen hahaha

That's exactly where I go bro. Gyro plate with an extra pita all the way!

To make IF effective you really need to do it every day from the start. Your body will adapt to it better and the diet will be more effective doing it daily.

There are no set number of meals during the 8 hour window, but 3 meals tends to work great for most. I would recommend making your post workout meal the biggest and try to get 50-60% of your intake in that meal, especially if your workouts are fasted which is a big benefit.

You will reap the benefits of high insulin sensitivity and nutrient uptake and being in a heightened anabolic state when breaking fast

Right on much appreciated brother.
Drink on water. Tea. Black coffee. And are aminos okay only when you workout though correct?

Top Bottom