napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Dexa Scan

drachola

Has anybody tried a Dexa Scan? I've heard it is now the most accurate way to determine BF.

Thanks,
DDD

Has anybody tried a Dexa Scan? I've heard it is now the most accurate way to determine BF.

Thanks,
DDD

Only reliable method of measurement imo... I use it all the time at least 1x month why? Hydrostatic is 2nd best option after dexa imo.

I signed up for one on June 6. I wanted to make fully sure I was under 12% before I start my cycle. I don't trust my calipers 100%. I want to be very sure.

Thank you,
DDD

Unless you do a nine point skinfold measurment and do it acurately grab a full 1 inch of skin squezze gently then slowly squeeze calipers just until they click no harder than it will usually tell you your much leaner than you are . when you hit single digits its really inacurate if I do a 3 fold it tells me Im 4 percent bodyfat im between 8 and 10 i have quad seperation and veins in legs and good as bs and obliques but ive been 4 for shows and thats shredded glute and skeleton face im weeks of dieting away from that .

If you can see your abs with them relaxed and obliques if flexing your abou 10 percent I will stress this point if its your first cycle get as lean as you can fisrt you do not want too be trying too recomp or diet on your first cycle . virgin gains are freaking awsome . first blast you need too be 500 calories over maintence eating 6 clean meals a day and lifting heavy youll grow like crazy and it will never be like that again get the most out of it

Last edited:
Only reliable method of measurement imo... I use it all the time at least 1x month why? Hydrostatic is 2nd best option after dexa imo.

What's the price like on the Dexa scan? I've never done one but thought about it, however I heard it was somewhat expensive

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

What's the price like on the Dexa scan? I've never done one but thought about it, however I heard it was somewhat expensive

Depends where your at im in orlando there collages that will do it for like 60 bucks I think havent had it done but my buddy ferlan does when he a couple weeks out from a show all the time

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

First one was $100, then follow ups were $75. I go monthly and they were like you come so often we should give you a discount if I agreed to come monthly, so I pay $50 a pop. Besides, I have a warm personality (they think) and the lead tech loves to see me come in. She always flirts and molests my back and shoulders lol.

Here in San Diego it's $55. There is a mobile unit (truck) that goes around to different gyms and health clubs. You can sign up on the internet. It's supposed to take 12 minutes. The company is called Body Comp.

First one was $100, then follow ups were $75. I go monthly and they were like you come so often we should give you a discount if I agreed to come monthly, so I pay $50 a pop. Besides, I have a warm personality (they think) and the lead tech loves to see me come in. She always flirts and molests my back and shoulders lol.

This is the same pricing Ive seen....$100/$75. Its possible its even the same place. Water is pretty accurate but DEXA is cool because it shows you exactly where you have lean & fat mass.

This is the same pricing Ive seen....$100/$75. Its possible its even the same place. Water is pretty accurate but DEXA is cool because it shows you exactly where you have lean & fat mass.

Dexa scans are great imo. Helps you to target areas etc... Let's you know where you've added mass so you know if exercises are effective for your goals. Literally notice every bit of added size at specific points. Best $ spent on seeing if you're getting bigger, leaner, lol or fatter.

I went and had my scan done this morning. Good thing. With my calipers I was at about 12% BF. With the scan, I came in at 13.9%. I have some work to do. Pretty cool. I'll have it done again in another month or so to see where I'm at. BTW...I am in no way affiliated with the scan people.

DDD

I had it done twice. First time I was 16.5% bodyfat at 170lbs(had a layoff from the gym and wanted to see where I was at) then next one I lean bulked nicely on 12 weeks of lgd to 185lbs 16% bodyfat. Always thought I was 12% since I always have visible abs but guess not lol.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom