napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Biometric Screening

C

cbbram00

My employer is doing a biometric screening for our health insurance. While it's probably something I shouldn't worry about I am cruising on Deca and Test. The screening is voluntary and if I do it I'll get a $30 a month discount on my health insurance. Would you do it?

Blood pressure
Pulse
Height
Weight
Calculated BMI

(They will be drawing blood)

Full Lipid panel
Glucose Serum lab
Hemoglobin A1C lab

That's a tough one. If you come back with "issues" and they want to cancel insurance or raise rates, that's going to outweigh $30/month quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah bro you should be G2G. Mainly your glucose and Hdl and Ldl is what they look at

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

This is normal for many insurance companies. Mine does the same. You must do the bloodwork to get the lower premiums. Just get it done. Whatever your nu,bears come out to will not impact your insurance. At least it doesn't for my employer. It's more so you know what health concerns you have and you can address them. My bloodwork always comes back great, but a lot of the out of shape and overweight people I work with that have shitty diets have values all over the place. Their test results doesn't ever affect their insurance but at least they are aware of their problems. Though I will say it's extremely rare to find anyone that changes a damn thing afterwards lol

I'm probably going to do it... 30 bucks is 30 bucks... I just wanted y'all's opinion...

I did it last year but I wasn't running gear...

You can always do your own blood test first and see how it comes out so you know what you're looking at before you do it with these guys. I know for me some of these compounds makes your lipids look out of whack with the old fashioned panels. What I mean by that is cholesterol lipids is proven not to be a risk factor anymore however most insurance companies still want to penalize you if your lipids ratio is out of whack. Being on testosterone probably actually helps your a1c!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You can always do your own blood test first and see how it comes out so you know what you're looking at before you do it with these guys. I know for me some of these compounds makes your lipids look out of whack with the old fashioned panels. What I mean by that is cholesterol lipids is proven not to be a risk factor anymore however most insurance companies still want to penalize you if your lipids ratio is out of whack. Being on testosterone probably actually helps your a1c!

That's a good idea...

This is a great idea, but I would def. partake to save $360 annually to get some blood work done.

I would do it too. Unless your lipid panel was borderline bad last blood test, you're probably going to be fine. I guess there is always a chance something bad comes back, but maybe you also want to know about it too.

I've done it for the last several years. And never had any issues. They give us a $50 a month credit so I figured what the hell. The only issue I've had is they always say my BMI is high because they only base it off of height and weight. Not your actual body fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom