napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

BCAA - dosage, capsules versus powder

Peso

Curious of thoughts on BCAA's. I have always taken pre workout(1500mg) and immediately following workout(1500mg) (L-Leucine 750 / L-Isoleucine 375 / L-Valine 375) in capsule form.
A buddy of mine recently went into Super Supplements to grab some BCAA's and was told to go the route of powder and to mix with a gallon of water and drink continuously throughout the entire day. He picked up the brand "Scivation Xtend BCAA's" which per serving is 6g BCAA's.

Curious of thoughts on dosage (# grams), time and capsules vs powder..

Thanks brothers

i use bpi sports best bcaa shredded... not a fan of the brand your friend bought... i drink one and half servings after my workout and also use bcaa power chews at 2 more servings per day... not a fan of capule bcaas but honestly there is not set range because people use different amounts for their own liking and goals...

I use BCAAs every morning during training. I feel they are very beneficial. There are a few brands I use. Recoverpro from AI sports nutrition is a decent one for the price. It also has a 4:1:1 ratio with higher luecine content

Appreciate the insight guys..I will move to a powder mixture. Out of curiosity do you both drink water during training or some form of electrolyte drink of sorts?

remember LEUCINE is the key to muscle building... many people often forget that... leucine is the part of whey that is whats beneficial so thats why i just use bcaas as opposed to whey after my workout but you can go either route...

remember LEUCINE is the key to muscle building... many people often forget that... leucine is the part of whey that is whats beneficial so thats why i just use bcaas as opposed to whey after my workout but you can go either route...

Understood. I do make a whey isolate protein shake post training so thinking I will mix the bcaa and drink just prior to and during training.

Thanks again Dylan and Rick

Appreciate the insight guys..I will move to a powder mixture. Out of curiosity do you both drink water during training or some form of electrolyte drink of sorts?
I drink water only mixed with BCAAs during training.

Anyone watch James Tiny Vest?
He said that when he uses BCAAs, which is in short stents when shooting for a goal, he hits 30g during training.
I have generally stuck to 10g. I’m not a high roller that can buy any and all lol

Anyone watch James Tiny Vest?
He said that when he uses BCAAs, which is in short stents when shooting for a goal, he hits 30g during training.
I have generally stuck to 10g. I’m not a high roller that can buy any and all lol
No shit. Damn.....30g of BCAAs per day would be $$$$

EAA are great if you want to spend the extra coin. As far as any additional benefit, it's debatable

Top Bottom