napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Anxiety for no reason, anything I can test for?

Modifiedamerican

So I've felt with anxiety all my life. Learned to live with it along with the use of a very low dose of klonopin. But, a lot of my anxiety has to trigger. For instance I can be relaxing in bed just fine. And out of no where get nervous for no reason and to the point where I have to take a shit. The fight of flight response is what I've narrowed it down to over the years. But for all heee years doctors have never tested for anything. Just threw prescription after prescription at me. After years of just dealing with it and just listening to the doctors give me no explanation except that it can be hormones (which I've asked me be tested) they never have any just kind shut me down. Are they any things that anyone might know of that I could test. Im going to be doing my own bloodwork At the end of the month due to having low t and trying to dial eveyrhing in. I'm checking my free t3-t4 because symptoms of that are nervousness/anxiety. Other then that I'm not sure. I know my thyroid has never been checked other then just feeling my throats area. Also something that has been going for about a year now as well is the constant feeling of my heart beat and some heart papilations. It's like the older I get the worse it has gotten. Even though I have many tricks and ways to calm myself down. And things that used to give me anxiety like going to crowded areas don't even bother me anymore. I'm just not convinced how one min I'm fine and literally the next min I'm having a panic attack. Something hormonal to me seems off. Thank you.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "you can feel your heart beat"? Where do you feel this? Can you hear your heart beat in your head... kinda feel it in your throat and maybe ear area? Your post caught my attention because I had a similar issue for years, since I was 16 and not diagnosed until 39. Unexplained anxiety and the heart beat issue but more of hearing it in my head. Check into superior semicircular canal dehiscence and see if any of the other symptoms are familiar. One of the most common remarks from people who have it are that doctors can't figure it out and most people finally get a diagnoses in their 40's. I was told it was anxiety for years and was put on Lexapro a few times. The fix isn't thrilling but there is one if any of this sounds familiar. You may not have anything close but I looked for an answer for years so I couldn't not mention it just in case.

Thank you very much! I will look that up! I don't hear it but I can feel it it. More of a pressure
In my chest over my heart. I can't literally feel the beats. When I'm laying I can feel it it my ears as well at times.

thats anxiety forming to a higher extent... a lot of times this happens with a chemical imbalance... serotonin levels are way off and when they are realigned, then the anxiety stops... ive had this before.. i was on buspar for about 2 months... it made me throw up the first week i used it everytime but after that, it was all alleviated... i was really going to yoga often as well and that helped so much because its all mental... there's literally not a thing wrong with you... i had all kinds of tests and then when they give you an ekg and it comes back perfect, its all anxiety related..

Yea same thing I've gone through dylan. I was on buspar to but it made me very irritable and angry the whole I was on it that they ended up switching me to a different medication. I guess my biggest issue it's how I can be fine one minute and in the matter of the snap of the finger be so nervous that I have to go poop. It happened today actually.

Also the buspar did absolutely do nothing to help my anxiety. I'm going to be checking my thyroid again to make sure l. The only thing ever tested was my tsh which to my understanding to really tell what the thyroid Is doing my free t3-t4 needs checked.

I feel for you bro, That feeling is a real mofo.. I've always had anxiety since young and I can't say there is specific trigger.. I just learned to deal.. Personally klonopin or xanax seemed to bring it about more often as I grew older.. I could see how lots of people get caught in vicious cycle w that shit especially with bad anxiety/which I wouldn't say i have.. like everyone said and you prob already know a many things could cause it.. I'm going to give you my personal experience.. I take reg vitamins and overall I'm in shape and healthy.. something small I added to reg daily and noticed a lot of anxious feelings subside etc.. was rhodiola extract, 340 mg capsules lol.. I'm not saying it's answer but it's cheap enough that fuck it try it right? Anyway good luck bro!

Thanks des! I does Fucking suck. Takes a toll on me, my fiends, work, and marriage. At this point I'll try anything. I'll have to try that rhodiola extract out! Where did you buy it at? Thanks man

There are 2 types of anxiety. One is is somewhat controllable with controlling your thoughts, being in the moment etc.. You can learn behavior to help control it. Bottom line is you control the chemicals in your brain with thoughts. But there is also chemical induced anxiety where you have no control. GABA is blocked or not produced (and your receptors get no chloride ions) and your going to get anxiety no matter how much thought control you have. Drugs like xanax, valium help by opening up the receptors to chloride ions. So in some people there is a break in the mind to chemical pathway meaning your mind can be calm, relaxed but you suddenly get anxiety. Doctors simply dont know why this occurs and all the breathing, mental exercises in the world arent going to help these people.

I feel for you as the medical community just doesnt have any answers other than benzos. You could try some herbal remedies which try to increase GABA but most think they dont help much.

Have you ever tried Xanax? Klonopin is pretty hardcore!

Bro there are no real triggers. Technically there's nothing they know for sure that causes it...the theory is serotonin levels may be off, hormones may be off ect..but they don't know yet. Nor do they know how to cure it...they simply suppress it with drugs...I've suffered this for many years..U will have to experiment with antidepressant meds even if your not depressed(like me) I tried them all till a few years the combo of efexor and celexa made a huge difference..but you need to see a psychiatrist and start trying different ones....it won't go away if u ignore it. N it'll get worse if u don't start treating it

Bro there are no real triggers. Technically there's nothing they know for sure that causes it...the theory is serotonin levels may be off, hormones may be off ect..but they don't know yet. Nor do they know how to cure it...they simply suppress it with drugs...I've suffered this for many years..U will have to experiment with antidepressant meds even if your not depressed(like me) I tried them all till a few years the combo of efexor and celexa made a huge difference..but you need to see a psychiatrist and start trying different ones....it won't go away if u ignore it. N it'll get worse if u don't start treating it

I've had anxiety since my very first memory. I've also been on anxiety medicine my ENTIRE life unfortunately. Every few years I have to change or up my dose due to building a tolerance. The older I get the worse it seems to get. Certain things that used to bother me don't bother me any more. Which is good. I've learned to cope and find ways to trick myself. But the part that has gotten worse is jus true day to day anxiety. How once sec I'm fine and the next I'm not. Nothing was every looked into such as an over active thyroid which could be causing my problems. My thyroid is probably fine but it's worth a shot st getting my t3 and t4 checked. I appreciate everyone's help.

Yea it's about time for me to change up...mines been acting up more than usual last few weeks

I have allso been suffering with serotonin deficiency bad mood swings aggressive short temper food cravings went to the doctor he put me on serdep 50 it has worked but i feel like absolute dog shit he told me to start it at 25mg for a few days then up it to 50mg but i had to drop it back to 25mg side effects are to much now even at 25mg im still feeling like shit when i wake up arfter 10 hours of sleep im still tired and yawning drowsiness muscle stiffness but will go back to him soon its really been putting me back in the gym.

Top Bottom