napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

44 is a window licker

44YOGearHead

In my youth I could breathe and grow muscles, however as I get "better" aka older and hopefully wiser I'm noticing that years of neglecting details due to my former career have taken a toll on my physique. I no longer have the detailed knots and lumps I previously had and it's my fault. I had settled into a basic routine that was geared more towards looking good in uniform rather than out of it. I look pretty good now, especially for my age as people are shocked when I tell them my age, but that is not good enough. I'll never be twenty five, or even thirty again, but I am enhanced and capable of adding more muscle than ever before and the key is thoroughly working the muscles.
I like to set goals within six month increments to be able to re-evaluate progress. This specialization period I will focus on bringing up details within my back, increasing my lat sweep, beefing up and detailing my quads, calves , arms and shoulders, particularly placing emphasis in these areas to give me that complete look. I'm not per say looking to cut up, or anything, but I do want to remove reservation about my intended look. I'm big enough in stature that guys always comment as to my size so what I want to do is actually look the part of a highly/modrately competitive off season body builder in fairly lean condition where vascularity is evident. Right now I get asked by people if I'm a bodybuilder, or if I plan on competing and my desired goal is to look like a highly competitive amateur bodybuilder who could perhaps place top 5 at a regional show if I were to cut. Yeah lofty goal I feel, but why would I aim lower as I feel now I'm built better than the most competitive local amateur bodybuilders in my city/area. I have the disadvantage of having previously trained for strength events so I'm a big assed poofy guy absent details that would solidify me a where I would like to be look wise. I am glad that I am a big enough man that everywhere I go I draw stares whether it be in parking lots, the malls, grocery stores, or anywhere I go from everyone weightlifter and or regular joe.
I'm a student of the game and have acquired so much know how and yet have failed to utilize it until recently and finally said what am I taking all this shit for if I'm not gonna look the part. Determination and will are there as I train hard as fuck and yet I realized tonight i have more in the tank. I'm old as fuck and will never be able to get back the opportunity to be all I could have been in this sport/past time, but even at 46 I can and will trudge forward and attain my goals as the biggest defeats are always self inflicted. Right now many of you say things like I just wanna add some size, or look good for this and that event. Do you think I started out thinking I'd be the size I am now? My goals transitioned repeatedly and this size crept up out of pure effort, almost... almost I say on accident. I never knew I was as big as I am until I had the opportunity to meet Jay Cutler and he complimented me and inquired into if I competed. To say the least I am humbled and blessed for that day when I met him and he opened my eyes. So today I hope that some of you can wrap your heads around the idea that if you aren't the biggest guy in the few gyms you frequent that one day you very well might be.
I look and think about how even now this is so much a part of me that I'm here after 2am typing this because I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about training and how to reach my goals. I think about how beautiful I find the human physique and women who lift seriously. Sarala is my ideal woman. She lifts seriously and her dedication to the sport competitively is unparalleled. Hell I'd gladly stay home and meal prep for her any day... just give me an apron. I go places and see other lifters and analyze their physiques and see the difference in them and myself. I was in the grocery store yesterday and a couple that obviously lifted caught glimpse of me and they both did an immediate double take like 'whoa'. It's a compliment. Two other male lifters got really self conscious when they saw me in that same store, one (a very small Hispanic guy) got a case of Napoleonism and grew air lats and all lol. I might judge somewhat, but believe me I am super critical of myself and that's why I'm up so late/early typing this. If you can't be hard on yourself why do this? I'm about to be even harder on myself so the point is I love this shit, you love this shit... give it your all. Don't limit your ambitions, never say never as you don't know where you'll be physique wise one day. Look for a new and improved 44 over the next year... unless I keel over from all the gear I take lol. NY says there's no way I can lug my arms around and not be shortening my lifespan. He's kind of an asshole though... but he's my bro like nobody else and I am thankful for him as well. Miss NY and her making fun of a pair of capri workout shorts I was gifted and returned the same day is another story lol. Love you too sis. It's now after 3am... time to sleep a few hours and visualize growth baby!

Last edited:
Very humbling & inspirational bro.

This kinda through me off though
my desired goal is to look like a highly competitive amateur bodybuilder who could perhaps place top 5 at a regional show

Why 5th & not 1st or 2nd?

< Wow I hit 2000 posts

Lol just kidding, sounds weird saying it but i enjoy reading monologues and rants of yours.

You could write books.

Very humbling & inspirational bro.

This kinda through me off though

Why 5th & not 1st or 2nd?

< Wow I hit 2000 posts

I have high expectations and standards bro, at my age to attain my truly desired look would be an uphill battle in the rain (Think Hamburger Hill final battle charge scene).

I hear ya.A man's gotta know his limitations.

That's what it comes down to, especially as we age. I'll be 43 next month, and I know things are a bit different than they were10-15 years ago. I just want to keep being the best I can be, wherever that road takes me.

Thanks for the post 44. Your posts inspire me a lot, and I can certainly relate a lot to them. They really hit home for me on a lot of levels

That's what it comes down to, especially as we age. I'll be 43 next month, and I know things are a bit different than they were10-15 years ago. I just want to keep being the best I can be, wherever that road takes me.

Thanks for the post 44. Your posts inspire me a lot, and I can certainly relate a lot to them. They really hit home for me on a lot of levels

Whaaaa??? My posts inspire you? The 44 just died. You, bro, you? Seriously, your physique is like chiseled out of perfection and if I can inspire any aspect of your training or thought process I have achieved Shangri-La. I'm so fucking dead right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya on that Rick.I just turned 48 last month.Things definitely don't respond the way they used to.

Whaaaa??? My posts inspire you? The 44 just died. You, bro, you? Seriously, your physique is like chiseled out of perfection and if I can inspire any aspect of your training or though... I have achieved Shangri-La. I'm so fucking dead right now.

I appreciate that bro, haha, but seriously I think the same thing when I read your posts. I think...damn I really need to step my game up. I'm such a bitch compared to 44, and he's even older than me! You are a mountain of a man and I'm envious of that size and strength you have bro. It helps me man up and own that shit. If we can inspire each other, we must be doing something right. That's what it's all about!

I appreciate that bro, haha, but seriously I think the same thing when I read your posts. I think...damn I really need to step my game up. I'm such a bitch compared to 44, and he's even older than me! You are a mountain of a man and I'm envious of that size and strength you have bro. It helps me man up and own that shit. If we can inspire each other, we must be doing something right. That's what it's all about!

I'm fucking humbled bro. I'd cry, but don't feel like cracking my floor with the 45's lol.

Damn good post brother. Time goes by quick and its the one thing you can't get back.. Regardless of age or any factor, you should always strive for your goals no matter how they evolve overtime. I think all of us can benefit from re-evaluating what we want to achieve and insuring that we're doing everything we can to reach them. Keep killing it bud.

Bro your posts make me wonder why I'm sitting here on my phone instead of going round two of wrecking havoc in the gym Truly inspirational especially for a man on the younger end of the spectrum. I'm 27. Mentally and physically in the best shape I've ever been in, (except when the Corps had me running ten miles a day) but even then cardio was the only thing better. Reads like this make me realize I need to take advantage of my youth and utilize this prime period to continue achieving greatness... You know, so I can be like legendary 44 and shit!

Top Bottom