napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

SARMS for collegiate athletes?

44YOGearHead

Have a few questions in regards to SARMS and their standing within the drug testing realm... Anabolic agents are regularly tested for supposedly despite the high cost of actually testing. An efficient way to test for them is obviously checking for E2 levels with regular and inexpensive blood work, but that technically isn't a definitive confirmation of AAS use I would think. Are SARMS detectable ? If so, how? Most importantly does anyone know if SARMS are considered PEDs by governing agencies of athletic bodies?

LGD was detected mid-season in the Florida Gators starting QB Will Grier last year. The NCAA suspended him for one year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They most def can be tested for. I personally wouldn't take the chance but like you said, its pretty expensive to run those test and I haven't heard about some of the other sarms being tested for like S4, Ostarine, or SR9009... but I also don't follow it too closely.

Dylan posted what the WADA and NCAA tests for and considers PEDs quite a while back and I think it would be a quick Google search but for sure the gators qb got hit for lgd and it is on the list of things that are banned for peds

Googled it, huge list of gear and then this...

2. OTHER ANABOLIC AGENTS
Including, but not limited to:
Clenbuterol, selective androgen receptor modulators
(SARMs, e.g. andarine and ostarine), tibolone, zeranol
and zilpaterol.

My remaining question is the e.g. (ergo)... the specifically list andarine and ostarine, so is SARMS the catch all, or is it specifically limited to the two chemicals?

Last edited:
Have a few questions in regards to SARMS and their standing within the drug testing realm... Anabolic agents are regularly tested for supposedly despite the high cost of actually testing. An efficient way to test for them is obviously checking for E2 levels with regular and inexpensive blood work, but that technically isn't a definitive confirmation of AAS use I would think. Are SARMS detectable ? If so, how? Most importantly does anyone know if SARMS are considered PEDs by governing agencies of athletic bodies?

They test for ALL sarms and each individual steroid compound as well as all prohormones.

Googled it, huge list of gear and then this...

2. OTHER ANABOLIC AGENTS
Including, but not limited to:
Clenbuterol, selective androgen receptor modulators
(SARMs, e.g. andarine and ostarine), tibolone, zeranol
and zilpaterol.

My remaining question is the e.g. (ergo)... the specifically list andarine and ostarine, so is SARMS the catch all, or is it specifically limited to the two chemicals?

when it lists sarms, that means all sarms... it was just giving examples... there are specialized tests for them though and not many actually test for them... they are quite expensive... however the ncaa will definitely have that type of test

when it lists sarms, that means all sarms... it was just giving examples... there are specialized tests for them though and not many actually test for them... they are quite expensive... however the ncaa will definitely have that type of test

Such a shame. All these resources at our finger tips and they're banned by some lethargic troll behind a desk. Guy I know asked if I had heard of SARMs, specificall MK whatever the number is. He was a FBS ball player and it made me really curious.

Top Bottom