napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

CAlories and cooking question

Capthowdy

This mainly pertains to ground beef . If you cook 80% gb and turn it into meatloaf . When you cook it a lot of th fat comes out and I scrap it out I to the trash . I have found charts online claiming that when you cook the beef the calories actually are lower from losing the fat and I'm wondering if there's any truth behind this? Seems logical to me . And cost effective bc 80% beef is always cheaper then the 93% and I can find it easier in larger packs .

This mainly pertains to ground beef . If you cook 80% gb and turn it into meatloaf . When you cook it a lot of th fat comes out and I scrap it out I to the trash . I have found charts online claiming that when you cook the beef the calories actually are lower from losing the fat and I'm wondering if there's any truth behind this? Seems logical to me . And cost effective bc 80% beef is always cheaper then the 93% and I can find it easier in larger packs .

Don't put a lot of stock into it losing much in fat content bro. You seriously just need to buckle down and get the right shit man. 80% ground beef is not that great to use. It's full of fat. You need to get 90%+. I usually use 97/3 and get it as lean as I can

all macros from meats are determined from (Raw) like Rick said…don't count on much changing after it's cooked

Great topic guys. I seriously thought that draining the oil, i was somehow getting it a alot cleaner. Definitely switching it to 90% plus. Great question capthowdy. Thanks Rick and Montgomery for clarifying this.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

You can research it and find contradictory information on it…some say 4 ounces raw became 3 ounces cooked so base macros off of that.
I never do that way I base all fat intake based off of the raw numbers and this way it keeps the guess work out of the equation..

I use the perfect meatloaf pan (as seen on tv) that my daughter bought for me and it really works it holds the meat about 3/4in above the bottom of the pan and when done there's about a 1/2in of fat in the bottom. It doesn't allow the meat to sit in the fat and reabsorb it. Dunno how it affects the calories though.

You can research it and find contradictory information on it…some say 4 ounces raw became 3 ounces cooked so base macros off of that.
I never do that way I base all fat intake based off of the raw numbers and this way it keeps the guess work out of the equation..

Exactly bro. It's best to to figure everything that way and stay consistent

Well the fat I wasn't sure about bc there's a ton of info online . Calories however makes no sense to weigh out food before you cook it bc it loses water and shrinks , that makes no seme to determine the portion size you eat Pre cooked .

Don't put a lot of stock into it losing much in fat content bro. You seriously just need to buckle down and get the right shit man. 80% ground beef is not that great to use. It's full of fat. You need to get 90%+. I usually use 97/3 and get it as lean as I can

I don't buy 80% beef . I buy 93% that's the best I can find around here .

I don't buy 80% beef . I buy 93% that's the best I can find around here .

You stated you got 80% ground beef in your original post, so that's why I mentioned that. If you are using 93% that's great. That's a good lean beef to use

If these damn pics would upload then you'd see what my meal prep looks like every Sunday . I have been doing this for years. But I am always looking for new ideas and recipes . So if any one has and tricks to making good meat loaf or meat balls with lean beef or lead turkey let me know bc mine always comes out dry . It's good first cooked but after that it's not that great any more

You stated you got 80% ground beef in your original post, so that's why I mentioned that. If you are using 93% that's great. That's a good lean beef to use

Yes I've cooked with it before lol who hasn't ? But when I'm normally buying red I always go for the lean cuts and lean beef .

Top Bottom