napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

NO BENCHES when on or off aas!

My only Hangup from doing dumbbell movements is that my current gym only has Dumbbells that go up to 110 lbs. our gym was renovated and before then we had heavy cast Dumbbells that went up to 130 lbs which was fine and what I used for flat pressing. Once the renovations were complete they got rid of the heavy cast Dumbbells and replaced them with rubber coated ones to protect their floor. Only problem is they only went to 110s...so now I'm doing some pretty high rep sets with them, and it would be nice to get some heavier ones

My only Hangup from doing dumbbell movements is that my current gym only has Dumbbells that go up to 110 lbs. our gym was renovated and before then we had heavy cast Dumbbells that went up to 130 lbs which was fine and what I used for flat pressing. Once the renovations were complete they got rid of the heavy cast Dumbbells and replaced them with rubber coated ones to protect their floor. Only problem is they only went to 110s...so now I'm doing some pretty high rep sets with them, and it would be nice to get some heavier ones

My gym goes to 125s. Which is OK for most stuff I do. However on flat I would like some 150s.

My gym goes to 125s. Which is OK for most stuff I do. However on flat I would like some 150s.

150s would be pretty fucking beast. Most I've ever used was 130s because that's all my gym had. It's a wrestling match enough getting them fuckers into position when you are 190 lbs and your DBs weigh 260 LOL

150s would be pretty fucking beast. Most I've ever used was 130s because that's all my gym had. It's a wrestling match enough getting them fuckers into position when you are 190 lbs and your DBs weigh 260 LOL

Lol no doubt. (Light man struggles are real) I can very easily do sets with 125s tho. So I need an upgrade.

Lately, I have been doing less than half of my max on the flat bench. Really fast motions and 20 reps per set. 5 sets. I have been more sore doing this than doing dumbell sets at almost max weight and my elbows and shoulders aren't hurting a bit. It's been a nice change up.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

thats definitely a good method and that really grows nice, lean muscle... mix some negatives in there as well as that eccentric contraction allows the muscle to lengthen instead of shorten and it really adds to your growth... many forget that general movements are concentric contractions which is always shortening the muscle and tearing it down over and over but the eccentric movement being thrown in, lengthens the muscle, also tricks it as its a different movement and this allows for a higher rate of muscle growth

Come down to my neck of the woods :)
We gots dumbbels for all shapes and sizes.

Here we live with the mentality of fuck the floor. Shits concrete.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've thought many times about moving to just north of Dallas. But I want to be with my kids. So I'll say in Florida home of the vain, sick, and depraved lol.

I've thought many times about moving to just north of Dallas. But I want to be with my kids. So I'll say in Florida home of the vain, sick, and depraved lol.
But we have 220's.... think of the gainz! Shit the old metro has like 250's. I know El Paso is also the home of the 300. Haha.

That's the kind of place I need right there. A hardcore gym

But we have 220's.... think of the gainz! Shit the old metro has like 250's. I know El Paso is also the home of the 300. Haha.

I remember seeing Ronnie Coleman videos in metroflex pressing those 200+ lb Dbs......fucking beast. I can't say I've seen that replicated by anyone else

I remember seeing Ronnie Coleman videos in metroflex pressing those 200+ lb Dbs......fucking beast. I can't say I've seen that replicated by anyone else

If somehow I find a local place with them I will gladly make a video. I might only get one but I'll put money on one or two.

If somehow I find a local place with them I will gladly make a video. I might only get one but I'll put money on one or two.

I'd gladly applaud you if you did bro. Dumbbells are a whole different animal than barbell. You can't use anything close to the same weight as you do with barbell exercises

On flatbench I use powerlifting form, I basically "screw" my shoulder blades (when lying down you push your shoulders down and back) into the flatbench with an arched back. I also have someone unrack the bar for me so I dont break form, a good way to unrack the bar is to see it as a lat pulldown but its kind of hard to do when theres a lot of weight. You throw your shoulders forward to unrack it and bring it forward and this fucks everything up. Now your shoulders are vulnerable.

This has helped me avoid any pain in my shoulder or any shoulder injury. Once I start feeling something funky I immediately stop. From personal experience, when i dont bench with proper form I get pain in my shoulders. So how do I avoid this? With proper form. lol I love benching too much to not bench.

On flatbench I use powerlifting form, I basically "screw" my shoulder blades (when lying down you push your shoulders down and back) into the flatbench with an arched back. I also have someone unrack the bar for me so I dont break form, a good way to unrack the bar is to see it as a lat pulldown but its kind of hard to do when theres a lot of weight. You throw your shoulders forward to unrack it and bring it forward and this fucks everything up. Now your shoulders are vulnerable.

This has helped me avoid any pain in my shoulder or any shoulder injury. Once I start feeling something funky I immediately stop. From personal experience, when i dont bench with proper form I get pain in my shoulders. So how do I avoid this? With proper form. lol I love benching too much to not bench.
Bring your grip closer and keep your back on the bench when your pressing for sure.

Nah gotta pick them up all the way to be legit hahaha. Part of the challenge lol.

Come on man. Gotta give the small guys a little break. Hahaha ha. My knees would probably give out trying to walk somewhere with 400 pounds lol.

Nah gotta pick them up all the way to be legit hahaha. Part of the challenge lol.

Haha I gotta agree with you there. Used to have a guy in the gym that wanted people to hand him the 120s for flat bench for like 3 or 4 pathetic reps because he couldn't do it.

He asked me one time, and I was like "nah man, if you can't get them in position you probably should grab something lighter. I didn't come here to do your workout and mine"

Ironically the same guy likes to throw about 100 lbs more than he can bench on the bar and have a spotter do forced reps with him. Fuck that. Just ends up being upright rows for the spotter because this tool can't lift the weight. He's an ego lifter that tries to make it look like he can lift more than he can

Haha I gotta agree with you there. Used to have a guy in the gym that wanted people to hand him the 120s for flat bench for like 3 or 4 pathetic reps because he couldn't do it.

He asked me one time, and I was like "nah man, if you can't get them in position you probably should grab something lighter. I didn't come here to do your workout and mine"

Ironically the same guy likes to throw about 100 lbs more than he can bench on the bar and have a spotter do forced reps with him. Fuck that. Just ends up being upright rows for the spotter because this tool can't lift the weight. He's an ego lifter that tries to make it look like he can lift more than he can

His spotter should let go one day and watch the guy fight for his life lol.

Top Bottom