napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

BCAA Nausea

I have been drinking my BCAAs during my workout it for some reason it gives me nausea. Can somebody tell me why and how to handle it?

I have been drinking my BCAAs during my workout it for some reason it gives me nausea. Can somebody tell me why and how to handle it?

You sure it isn't related to something else? I take BCAAs intraworkout all the time and have never had an issue. Did the nausea start only with the BCAAs? What kind are you using?

I get nauseous too. When that happens I switch to regular water. Sometimes on really heavy leg days it's just too much sweetness and it makes me sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

never seen or heard of this issue before. i take bcaa intraworkout all the time and have no problems. how can you be sure it is the bcaas??

I get nauseous too. When that happens I switch to regular water. Sometimes on really heavy leg days it's just too much sweetness and it makes me sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's somewhat why I asked what he was using. Some of the BCAA products with sweeteners can cause stomach issues I suppose because of the sucralose in it. Sucralose can potentially cause stomach discomfort and mess with your gut flora, though I personally have never had a problem with it

Sucralose and ace-k are in just about every single supplement I have take. Never had too much trouble other than on a heavy leg day or when I am sweating really heavy from cardio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure it isn't related to something else? I take BCAAs intraworkout all the time and have never had an issue. Did the nausea start only with the BCAAs? What kind are you using?

Yeah man, I'm 100% sure its the bcaas. The first kind I got was a generic from vitamin shoppe. It is body tech Critical Aminos XT. I figured ok maybe I just bought some garbage and I should get something from a more well known brand. So I picked up some Muscle Pharm Amino 1. I've had good experiences with their combat powder protein blend (cookies and cream, fucking delicious!). So I don't know why it would be causing that... I am sure that is what is causing the nausea bc I stopped taking the body tech bcaas and the nausea stopped and then it came back during yesterday and todays workout w the muscle pharm bcaas.

Going to try this...

I picked up a tablet form that looked like it had a pretty good profile figuring maybe it was all the sugar so I'll give this a shot and let u guys know how it goes. Thanks for getting back to me my brothers

Attachments

• amino.jpg
    amino.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 13
It's most likely due to the artificial sweeteners or a particular flavor additive in the powder. I'd just drop the bcaa's. I feel (personal opinion) that they are a waste of money unless you're in a deficit. Even then, if you're getting enough protein from food sources, and you're training, rest, cycle are adequate, you don't really need them. If you train fasted, they're a must though.

I picked up a tablet form that looked like it had a pretty good profile figuring maybe it was all the sugar so I'll give this a shot and let u guys know how it goes. Thanks for getting back to me my brothers

i use dymatize powder bcaas, it has taurine in it as well. it tastes just like Gatorade but has no sugar

If it becomes a problem for you, then just drop the aminos. You are not training fasted are you? If not, then you won't miss much by dropping them

If it becomes a problem for you, then just drop the aminos. You are not training fasted are you? If not, then you won't miss much by dropping them
No man...definitely no fasting before or after training goin on right now. OK thanks bro!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah I got a pill form- healthy n fit anabolic amino. So far i like it. The issue hasn't come up again

glad it worked for you. i have problems with creatine mono powders. they make me sick to my stomach. pills work better for me. everyone is different

I used to take Amino1 when I was a newb. It gave me stomach cramps and diarrhea. I looked into it, there's a good whack of magnesium oxide in there which will make you sick and shit water.

So there ya go, that's prob what it is.

ive had this happen too with the bcaa nausea and it was due to not eating enough before the gym and taking vitamins and such on an empty stomach... once i corrected that, i have not had a problem since... if your eating enough before then i would try a different brand... try the powerchews bro... they are the shit and they work extremely well...

ive had this happen too with the bcaa nausea and it was due to not eating enough before the gym and taking vitamins and such on an empty stomach... once i corrected that, i have not had a problem since... if your eating enough before then i would try a different brand... try the powerchews bro... they are the shit and they work extremely well...
I take the power chews now after you recommended them and they have worked great! That's interesting about not eating enough beforehand...that actually might be what it is. I switched to tablet BCAA. Is that just as effective?

Top Bottom