napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cures for stubborn muscle groups?

8cartman8

My most stubborn muscle groups, by far, are my biceps and lats...my biceps are always super thick and tight but, in my estimate, lack the proper definition as well as my lats, which are very thick but lack width...which I know to some extent is due to genetics...but I'd really love to see a better ball effect bicep wise, and to see that ever elusive cobra effect for my back, ha...

Don't get me wrong, both are very strong, but I must train them so differently than the rest of my body.

Heavy weight, simply, does not work at all and I must train them with ABSOLUTE perfect form, and mix up my exercises constantly...standing dumbbell preacher curls & spider curls....straight arm pulldowns, wide grip and v- bar pull-ups are a few exercises of which seem to work the best....

Anyone in the same boat or have any input to help...I'd very much appreciate it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My lats have always been "hidden" but strong regardless. Over the past three months I've really dedicated the time and training to change that. I do wide grip pull-ups to failure then crank a few pulldowns at the end to send each set over the edge. T-bar rows have made a big difference as well. Check out pullovers as well if you don't use them. I mix cable and DB and love the feeling. In just that time frame, I can actually flex and view my lats from the front lol. It's was a big accomplishment for me, and although they have a long way to go, I'm beyond happy with the progress so far lol.

Yea I'm so in the same boat, my wife laughs at me bc I become big time toolish when no one is around and when I do biceps or Lats I actually say grow over and over, it's ridiculous....

Train them everyday for 10 days straight and get at least 4-5 sets per weak group, the. Give it a whole 7-10 days off and repeat that one more time, then get back to usual training. That helped me big time with my lats. They blew up. And also foam rolling helps to open up the fascia and allow more blood and nutrients to drive into the muscles and do work on repairing and grow. My lats sucked for sure... they're growing slowly but surely

Attachments

• 2015-11-27 14.45.27.jpg
    2015-11-27 14.45.27.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 33
Holy nice, your width is amazing, I'll definitely give it a go...

You want some lat work tips let me know. I love back.
596d45f05f1bd4c457bf9f0e9c2ee2d6.jpg
6e3c6c32c768d4b8479b11b00a0c5aeb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I love training it too and it's actually really strong it just doesn't look anything like yalls, here, I'll put up a homo pic my wife took of me when I was drunk...
c80ea21f3e7d8085f0a6473c160b9c56.jpg

Those two pics were from 8 months or so ago while I was cutting down. I need to get some current ones going.

I get so frustrated with it bc for the weight I can toss around with it, I always feel like it should be so much better but I'm obviously doing something wrong....

Starting test, deca and superdrol now so it should climb a bit. We will see. I been playing too much fallout and eating junk food so who knows maybe Il hit 300+ lol

Honestly my best advise too is find a good training mix between high intensity and heavy lifts. A lot of peole do either or but I do like a week crazy heavy and then a week with super high intensity make shit burn till you want to die. Then a week with both mixed together. Drop sets are great too.

Biceps look like garbage for me but they are actually just over 20 and I burst through my platue of 20" by starting fst-7 type training for arms.

You're so like me, I'm 6'2"ish, and my weight fluctuates between 250-280 at different points throughout the year...what's weird is everyone is always like whoa, you're a really big dude, and I'm like nah,..but then I see a picture with others, and then it's a wake-up call..but if you want me to totally be honest, I'm going to make a push to get back down to like 235....sometimes, at the weight I'm at, it's too cumbersome...and, I always think in the long run, it'll be much healthier...let me ask this too, have you had your fair share of small guys get in your face over the years, and you're like, are you serious? Ha

Top Bottom