napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Thoughts on Jym Supplement Science? Critique current supps?

Romes20

So I guess I could be considered a member of the "Jym Army", but it really seems like the only thing the guy cares about is selling supplements and has a "my word is gospel and you won't make progress if you don't buy my supplements" and a lot of his followers really buy into it. If anyone thinks that a 40+ year old is able to maintain 5% bodyfat all year round on just protein powder, preworkout, etc., then I guess he really has them fooled. I have no issue with AAS or else I wouldn't be here (currently on cycle myself), but when he has the "fake natty" mindset to sell products, it really pisses me off after I took the blinders off. I have tried all of his products and they seem like they are good but more and more I feel like it is just the equivalent of pissing money away as you could easily spend close to $300 if you bought all of his products to last about a month just to be a fanboy. Anyone else try his products and come to similar conclusions or am I off base there?

I feel like money can be better spent elsewhere so here is what I am currently using outside of AAS.

-Orange Triad MV
-OmegaJym fishoil (the only JYM product I am sticking with right now because it really does seem to have a lot more EPA and DHA than most others. If anyone has an alternative that they stick with that has a proven track record of quality control- have to watch out for mercury and such with fish oils- I'm all ears)
-Alternate Universal Nutrition Animal Whey with PES Select, one in morning and one in post workout
-Optimum Creatine Monohydrate (mix with post-workout protein or with white grape/grapefruit juice after workout)
-Scivation Xtend BCAA's (sip during workout)
-Occasionally use PES Alphamine as combo of preworkout/ "fat-burner"

Not currently using preworkout right now. Anyways, I think I have all my bases covered and it seems like a better/smarter use of money as part of the supplement budget. Does anyone have any suggestions for things that I might be leaving out or better options that they have found to work for them?

I used the pre-jym in the past, but I couldn't get the energy boost that I needed. I like the jittery feeling, it gets me pumped to lift. I go with Mr Hyde. pre-jym probably works for some, but its not for me. I have been using the orange triad for years. No complaints. I buy whatever protein powder is on sale. bodybuilding.com always seems to have Phase8 as a discounted buy 1 get 1 free, so I go with it. I only use aminos when I do hiit or heavy BJJ and don't care much what brand it is.

I use Pre JYM. Its pricier but then again the dosages of ingredients is more than most pre-WOs so I still consider it a good value. I prefer to avoid the "jittery" pre-WOs and this would qualify as "non-jitters" (unless the 300mg caffeine is too much for you). I purchased based on the ingredients and the science of it not on Dr Jim's personality etc. Ill continue to try other pre-WOs here and there but overall Im comfortable with this one. I think the Omega Jym sounds interesting but not enough for me to purchase. As for the protein blend.........I kind of just do that on my own by eating a variety of meats (chicken, beef, eggs, etc.) plus I have casein and whey to balance things out.

I absolutely love the Prejym, post jym, and pro jym. I have yet to find a fish oil that goes down without haunting me for hours. Tried about 10 different brands and have yet to use one that I can stand. Also love vita jym. Those products I would use year round if I didn't need to buy aas. I cannot earn enough money to afford the prices for exclusive bb.com merchandise so I buy a ton from groupon. That being said, I stick to scivation xtend for my BCAA! Otherwise, I change it up with price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the Prejym, post jym, and pro jym. I have yet to find a fish oil that goes down without haunting me for hours. Tried about 10 different brands and have yet to use one that I can stand. Also love vita jym. Those products I would use year round if I didn't need to buy aas. I cannot earn enough money to afford the prices for exclusive bb.com merchandise so I buy a ton from groupon. That being said, I stick to scivation xtend for my BCAA! Otherwise, I change it up with price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used the Source Naturals ArcticPure fish oil for years. It goes down smooth and no after taste.

Top Bottom