napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Compound Exercises vs Isolation Exercises

sweetnspicy

Obviously, there are two major classes of weight lifts: compound exercises and isolation exercises. A compound exercise works multiple muscle groups simultaneously and isolation exercises, on the other hand, target just one muscle group.

How do you prefer to workout? I admit that I do some compound exercises like squats and such, but what I prefer are the isolation exercises. How about all of you? Do you have favorites?

I focus my training around my staples: squat, bench, and any variation of the deadlift. I then program lifts around that that will help those lifts and create a hypertrophic response. I'll admit, I enjoy a lot of the isolation movements over a lot of the compounds. There is no denying the power of the squat though. Squat is king :D.

It highly dependent on the person. I love me some heavy compound work though. Heavy squats, deads, etc. Love it.

both. i cant choose between because they are both awesome. compounds are of course good for Pure Mass. nothing hits my muscles harder then heavy heavy compounds. but isolations are sick for that crazy pump and stretch.

its like choosing between ice cream or pizza. ill take them both thank you..

Unfortunately, I cannot do heavy deads or squats from a broken back when I was 18. So I have to do more isolation training. But it works for me, and at my age, I'm just happy to look good, not be a fat slob like most guys my age, and I'm not competing either.

My training is probably based on 90% heavy compound movements, and it works well for me. Compounds are the bread and butter of a successful training program in my opinion.

Compounds are what I truly go to battle with. Everything else is just for fun.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

My training is probably based on 90% heavy compound movements, and it works well for me. Compounds are the bread and butter of a successful training program in my opinion.

I suddenly have this hankering for home made honey wheat toast with a warm pad of butter :D

Now not to ruin diets but if you take that toast with butter, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it..... you just my die it's so good.

Now not to ruin diets but if you take that toast with butter, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it..... you just my die it's so good.

cinnamon sugar toast? ive been eating it since i was a kid. its SICK

also peanut butter toast with a glass of whole milk..

My mom used to make that for me... I know what I'm having Saturday morning :).

Top Bottom