napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Best bulk routine

So far mines been 1 muscle a day 8 exercises at 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps. I switch back and forth from that to 2 muscles a day 4 exercises each. Open to new routines

I don't respond well to high volume training for adding size. So when I'm looking to add some muscle, best for me is low volume, high intensity and high frequency. I do a upper body and lower body split alternating Monday Wednesday Friday. That's what works for me

I don't respond well to high volume training for adding size. So when I'm looking to add some muscle, best for me is low volume, high intensity and high frequency. I do a upper body and lower body split alternating Monday Wednesday Friday. That's what works for me

What do you mean as far as volume

You have to find what works best for you but there are three fundamental things you need to fully understand....

Metabolic stress, mechanical tension and muscular damage.

These are the foundation of any training program. Certain programs favor one over the other, vice versa. One you understand these in and out it will be a lot easier to figure it all out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

depends on your age too,, once a week hitting a muscle group is a good approach when you are over 30, under 30 you can prolly hit a group 2x a week.. and even that is individual.. I would say whatever gives the most "damage" as in creates the biggest need for your muscle to repair, if high weight low rep.. or higher volume.. do what you can to get the blood in and if you arent sore,, you arent doing it right :D

I mostly go by feeling... Usually i stick to 8-12 rep range for muscle building puproses, and about 4-5 excercises for bigger body party, and 2-3 for smaller.
I am also a big fan of pre-exhaust for lagging body parts. It helped my chest big time to catch up to my shoulders and back. Many people dont do pre-exhaust because they cant lift as much weight as they are used to on excercises to follow. That shouldnt bother you if you are bodybuilder. Bodybuilder should focus on maxximum muscle activation, not weight moved... Yes, you should progress in weight over time, but what do you think its better in the long run - Going straight to the squat rack and do 315 for 5 reps, or first pre-exhausting and fully activating quads with leg extensions, and then completely blast them with 185-225 pound squats for 12 reps??? Not only will the muscle activation on primary muscle be much greater, but you also wont be putting so much unnecessary stress on you back.
Pre-exhaust i think its good for both natural and enchaned bodybuilers, unlike some other techniques that are more beneficial for enchanced guys (massive dropsets, tri-sets, strecth-reflex,...)

For me the training volume high, the calories high.
Low reps and high weights just wrecks my joints and put me out of the gym for too long.

You have to find what works best for you but there are three fundamental things you need to fully understand....

Metabolic stress, mechanical tension and muscular damage.

These are the foundation of any training program. Certain programs favor one over the other, vice versa. One you understand these in and out it will be a lot easier to figure it all out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
This is exactly spot on. You really do have to find what works best for you. We are all very different and we will respond differently to a given stimulus compared to the next individual. We all go through a lot of trial and error in order to achieve finding our optimal training

This is exactly spot on. You really do have to find what works best for you. We are all very different and we will respond differently to a given stimulus compared to the next individual. We all go through a lot of trial and error in order to achieve finding our optimal training

^ This 100%. Every individuals body is different. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Personally low volume, high frequency, high intensity works great for me. Rotating volume and exercises (as needed) throughout the year helps pick me up too. You'll have to find what your body responds best to. The only way to do that is to be consistent, monitor progress, and adjust as necessary. There isn't such a thing as the "best" routine that fits everyone just like there isn't such a thing as the best "diet".

This all day. I recently tried doing low weight high intensity...lots of reverse drop sets and lifting to failure and I started putting on size like never before. Just try different training splits and watch your progress as close as possible.

Top Bottom