napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

The most important...

This fool... lol

I gotta go psychology. If you dont have the mindset you cant do any of it.
Then diet cause thats certainly more important that training when you get to the higher end of the spectrum, and its much harder to master.
Training is fucking fun. Easy shit right there. Diet though seperates the boys from the men.

What you can do to fight your bodies natural instincts and fight the urge to give up is pretty impressive.
I agree.

Training means nothing is your mind and diet aren't right.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

im on board with the mindset first opinions.. I too would say psychology, diet, training. Its hard to rank right, they are all so closely connected and important..
anyone have an opinion that diet should be first?

In my opinion, succeeding in your diet is still pat of the mind set.. I picked up a sports psychology book and read a few articles, id really love to see more discussion about this topic.. I personally think it is fascinating.

I have a bit of different opinion.

1. Psychological
2. Training
3. Diet

I believe it's psychology first cause no matter what you need the mental power to go to the gym and stay there. Then training because without that you will never gain muscle or get stronger. Then diet cause that will determine if you are fat or skinny, build more muscle, shred down whatever. You can eat pretty lose and still get big as long as you are getting your protein and vitamins. You might be a power lifter look but you can still get strong. Then you can do like most of you guys and eat cleaner for more body builder look.

thats interesting.. i just gotta think #1 is psychology i agree, and I am making this thread cos I never see anyone talking about this, and have come to realize how centrally critical it is, I think people should speak up like you and say what they think, it will also help noobs to think about this if they read it and see a solid debate...
i cant disagree with you GT, whatever we are doing originates in our mind then we need to bring it to reality.. I would be willing to consider that depending on what you are doing, say mass vs cut the ranking could change, but still, in my own mind, you have to fuel your body, so I am thinking even if you start out with diet as #3, it will eventually have to go to #2,even as a power lifter..

I think we all start out hitting the weights and later learn about diet, I def dont recall anyone telling me about diet in 9th grade lol..and back then you can eat friggin twinkies and put on muscle..

does anyone here have a ritual or some kind of way to get into their mindset? I know for me the past few days my game has been off and workouts have not been as good as say 2 weeks ago.. what do you guys do to get into the "zone" if anything?

I think the real thing I realized is we take mindset for granted and if we tune into it..it may help get those extra reps.. or whatever, extra willpower etc..

for me its the time I spend walking to the gym, it is about 15 mins walk and I spend that time going over what I hope to accomplish and try to clear my head of all the shit that went on during the day and that I overslept today or whatever... I ALWAYS make music a part of this,, and I try to make it similar every time I do it...

I have a bit of different opinion.

1. Psychological
2. Training
3. Diet

I believe it's psychology first cause no matter what you need the mental power to go to the gym and stay there. Then training because without that you will never gain muscle or get stronger. Then diet cause that will determine if you are fat or skinny, build more muscle, shred down whatever. You can eat pretty lose and still get big as long as you are getting your protein and vitamins. You might be a power lifter look but you can still get strong. Then you can do like most of you guys and eat cleaner for more body builder look.

If you love to go to the gym, if you love to lift heavy, and you love to eat meat and big meals. You will have no choice but to put on muscle. Now you might look like a bloated oxe. But you'll be strong as one too. Different game for everyone.

Please rank these things in order of importance:

A. Diet
B. Psychology
C. Training

We answer that with a yogi ism. It is 90% diet and the other half is B . But of course you have to have good B in order to execute A as well as C. To me C is easy

Top Bottom