napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Favorite Pre Workout Meal?

bodean30

What is your favorite pre workout meal?

I usually go to the gym after work since I start work so damn early. So when I head to the gym I usually drink about half of my protein shake and eat a banana.

Kind of curious what you guys do. Lets hear it...

Maybe I didn't put this question in the best place. Admin, feel free to move it to a more appropriate place if need be.

Here is the deal... your pre workout meal is just as or if not far more important than your post
These bro science nut huggers going on about anabolic windows don't realize things you take in after your workout don't just instantly fucking digest....

Your pre workout meal in my opinion holds the most value. I keep my post workout more basic... hydrolyzed whey for example amd then Il make something basic. Really no set meal for me.

Pre workout though I do 2 scoops of rice 2 scoops of meat and one of vegies. Il typically take my bcaa with it too actually my workouts last maybe an hour so I'm not sitting here worrying about my poor body withering away mid workout cause I dont have my bcaa's lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Chipotle.... all day every day lol. Chipotle.

Haha you sound like the old man...pre workout 2 hardboiled eggs loaded with salsa. Post workout 2 harboiled eggs and 1 can tuna...drenched in slasa with extra tabassco.

Here is the deal... your pre workout meal is just as or if not far more important than your post
These bro science nut huggers going on about anabolic windows don't realize things you take in after your workout don't just instantly fucking digest....

Your pre workout meal in my opinion holds the most value. I keep my post workout more basic... hydrolyzed whey for example amd then Il make something basic. Really no set meal for me.

Pre workout though I do 2 scoops of rice 2 scoops of meat and one of vegies. Il typically take my bcaa with it too actually my workouts last maybe an hour so I'm not sitting here worrying about my poor body withering away mid workout cause I dont have my bcaa's lol

That's why I usually drink half my protein shake pre workout then the other half post workout. Good info bud.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Preworkout meal for me since I workout super early is 2 whole eggs, 1 cup egg whites, and one serving of oatmeal

Haha you sound like the old man...pre workout 2 hardboiled eggs loaded with salsa. Post workout 2 harboiled eggs and 1 can tuna...drenched in slasa with extra tabassco.

What kind of salsa? Homemade? I would definitely like to add something like a salsa to break things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your favorite pre workout meal?

I usually go to the gym after work since I start work so damn early. So when I head to the gym I usually drink about half of my protein shake and eat a banana.

Kind of curious what you guys do. Lets hear it...

no offense but dude that is a weak pre workout meal lol. but if it works for you then ok.

the key to preworkout is to load carbs and of course protein high with some good fats.

key to post workout is same as preworkout except you dont want stuff like oatmeal after you workout, oatmeal is too slow disgesting, you want fast acting carbs (like Rice) to rapidly refill glycogen stores and more Meat, or a quick protein like Whey mixed with Milk (for extra whey lol, and casein).

as far as preworkout goes, it doesnt matter too much as long as i get at least 2 meals in. I dont like working out immediately after waking or eating breakfast, i like having 2-3 meals and then working out. So usually it goes:

breakfast: 4 eggs (sometimes a 4 oz red potato or 4 oz ground beef added) and a homemade smoothie which consists of: 1c Oats, 8 oz Greek yogurt plain nonfat, 1tbsp Wheat Germ, 1 Banana + water.
2 hours after breakfast, another smoothie. 1c Oats, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 Banana, 3g Glutamine.
1-2 hours later workout.
post workout is usually an immediate Shake with Carb and Protein to refill glycogen. 3g Glutamine added to shake.
1-2 hours after shake is usually 10 oz Green Peas, 8 oz Tuna, or 6-8 oz red potato and 6oz ground beef patties.

BUT on the other hand, my favorite post workout meal is PIZZA. i try not to eat it very often BUT pizza is not as bad as people make it out to be. the fat and sodium content is a little high but the excessive amount of carbs coupled with some protein refills my glycogen like CRAZY, plus the sodium swells you up. call me crazy but it feels good especially after cutting carb for 2 weeks, you get full as PISS

What kind of salsa? Homemade? I would definitely like to add something like a salsa to break things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you want to break things up, try whataburgers Spicy Ketchup. ive been putting it on some ground beef patties and its phenomenal

no offense but dude that is a weak pre workout meal lol. but if it works for you then ok.

the key to preworkout is to load carbs and of course protein high with some good fats.

key to post workout is same as preworkout except you dont want stuff like oatmeal after you workout, oatmeal is too slow disgesting, you want fast acting carbs (like Rice) to rapidly refill glycogen stores and more Meat, or a quick protein like Whey mixed with Milk (for extra whey lol, and casein).

as far as preworkout goes, it doesnt matter too much as long as i get at least 2 meals in. I dont like working out immediately after waking or eating breakfast, i like having 2-3 meals and then working out. So usually it goes:

breakfast: 4 eggs (sometimes a 4 oz red potato or 4 oz ground beef added) and a homemade smoothie which consists of: 1c Oats, 8 oz Greek yogurt plain nonfat, 1tbsp Wheat Germ, 1 Banana + water.
2 hours after breakfast, another smoothie. 1c Oats, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 Banana, 3g Glutamine.
1-2 hours later workout.
post workout is usually an immediate Shake with Carb and Protein to refill glycogen. 3g Glutamine added to shake.
1-2 hours after shake is usually 10 oz Green Peas, 8 oz Tuna, or 6-8 oz red potato and 6oz ground beef patties.

BUT on the other hand, my favorite post workout meal is PIZZA. i try not to eat it very often BUT pizza is not as bad as people make it out to be. the fat and sodium content is a little high but the excessive amount of carbs coupled with some protein refills my glycogen like CRAZY, plus the sodium swells you up. call me crazy but it feels good especially after cutting carb for 2 weeks, you get full as PISS
I agree with you. If that was all I had prior then yes it's very weak.

I usually hit the gym in the afternoon right after work which happens to be approximately 2-3 hours after lunch. So I'm usually still full from lunch, but obviously need something extra to get through the workout.

Thanks for the info.

I agree with you. If that was all I had prior then yes it's very weak.

I usually hit the gym in the afternoon right after work which happens to be approximately 2-3 hours after lunch. So I'm usually still full from lunch, but obviously need something extra to get through the workout.

Thanks for the info.

lol ok man. i thought you meant half a shake and thats it. i was about to say dang man how do you make it through a workout?

It's a debatable topic, but the necessity of a pre-workout meal I believe is drastically exaggerated. I did Intermittent fasting for about 3 years and all of my workouts were fasted during that time with only BCAAS taken in pre and intra workout. My performance never suffered and I also made amazing progress during those 3 years

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

yeah ive heard about that "anabolic window" over and over. and i understand what they mean and i agree to a certain point but like you said, food doesnt digest instantly. even Whey powder takes a bit to digest, albeit a lot faster then solid food....but back in the day they didnt use protein shakes a lot and they worked out then immediately went and ate a meal. like you said its about meals before not just after to keep the steady supply of nutrients. Also, when you do intense training your body is in shock for quite awhile, upwards of 6 hours it seems from my experience that i can intake carbs to refill glycogen. when i do a cheat meal i eat Pizza hours after my workout but it gets me so stacked, and the next day i am strong as piss because my muscles are so full of glycogen....so I dont completely agree with the "anabolic window" at least not 15-30 min i think its hours after intense training that you are receptible..

It's a debatable topic, but the necessity of a pre-workout meal I believe is drastically exaggerated. I did Intermittent fasting for about 3 years and all of my workouts were fasted during that time with only BCAAS taken in pre and intra workout. My performance never suffered and I also made amazing progress during those 3 years

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

oh yeah thats crazy, are you Ectomorph?

I know that in my younger days when I first started lifting I didn't even use protein. Once I started drinking protein shakes post workout my gains went up drastically. That's about the time I got hooked. I thought to myself "damn, this shit actually works". I thought I would never crack 160lbs. and be a skinny fuck the rest of my life. Lol

Top Bottom