napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

how to price your whey

Jake

The supp comanies try several different ways to fool you on protein powder. Serving size and how many servings per container. ome have huges scoops some have small ones If you look at syntha 6 it has fat 6g and carbs 15g,so you are nit just buying protein.

To find out how much your protein costs here is the formula. Take the grams of protein per serving and multiply by the number of serving per container.Divide this number by the price. So here is syntha 6. It has 22 grams of protein per serving and 48 servings per container. So 22 x 48=1056. 1056 divided by 50$ I paid for it =21.1 grams of protein per 1 dollar. Now my fav...Muscle gauge nutrition cake batter flavor. It has 26 grams of protein and 58 servings per container. So 26 x 58=1508. It cost 40$, so 1508 divided by 40= 37.7 grams of protein per dollar. So 10 dollars buys me 211 grams of syntha 6 protein and 377 grams of muscle gauge nutrition . Big difference! Once you start doing this you will know how much protein you get for dollars!

The supp comanies try several different ways to fool you on protein powder. Serving size and how many servings per container. ome have huges scoops some have small ones If you look at syntha 6 it has fat 6g and carbs 15g,so you are nit just buying protein.

To find out how much your protein costs here is the formula. Take the grams of protein per serving and multiply by the number of serving per container.Divide this number by the price. So here is syntha 6. It has 22 grams of protein per serving and 48 servings per container. So 22 x 48=1056. 1056 divided by 50$ I paid for it =21.1 grams of protein per 1 dollar. Now my fav...Muscle gauge nutrition cake batter flavor. It has 26 grams of protein and 58 servings per container. So 26 x 58=1508. It cost 40$, so 1508 divided by 40= 37.7 grams of protein per dollar. So 10 dollars buys me 211 grams of syntha 6 protein and 377 grams of muscle gauge nutrition . Big difference! Once you start doing this you will know how much protein you get for dollars!

NICE INFO... i was not aware of this formula but that's on point brother... thanks for sharing!

That's a very good way of putting it brother! Thanks for sharing this info

You have to also research your protein powder because as some would call a scam I call it bullshitting the cutomer is also a common trend. To cut cost they add in aminos that allow them to report more grams per serving than what you are really getting. Lets say they report a powder at 25g per serving. It may be mis represented and you are really only getting 20 g per serving. The other 5 g is spiked with aminos. They are actually allowed to do this. I once came across two independent lab studies of powders done by universities. They test the powders and showed that actual bio available protein was lower than what was on the label.
So this will change what you are really paying for it.

Just did a quick google search and found this https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam-amino-acid-spiking
Last year I dug up alot of good info that made me stop using powders too much. I still do on occasion but I actually have the shake with my meal now.

One thing I dug up was that pro powder was a cheap feed source for swine. It then was marketed to the BB community. Is cheap bad? Not always. But anything cheap food wise should be looked at carefully thats for sure. But as long as I get a quick absorbed pro powder Im happy so this doesnt bother me so much. What gets to me is the lying on the labels

Just did a quick google search and found this https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam-amino-acid-spiking
Last year I dug up alot of good info that made me stop using powders too much. I still do on occasion but I actually have the shake with my meal now.

One thing I dug up was that pro powder was a cheap feed source for swine. It then was marketed to the BB community. Is cheap bad? Not always. But anything cheap food wise should be looked at carefully thats for sure. But as long as I get a quick absorbed pro powder Im happy so this doesnt bother me so much. What gets to me is the lying on the labels

To be honest I do not use powders much.They are not filling to me. I would rather chew something. I make smoothies for my kids with powders, or make pancakes and brownies. Also make tiramisu with powders. I eat very little of it.

To be honest I do not use powders much.They are not filling to me. I would rather chew something. I make smoothies for my kids with powders, or make pancakes and brownies. Also make tiramisu with powders. I eat very little of it.
Same. I don't use more than the occasional shake. I use all diet based protein from whole foods. Every now and then I make smoothies or some other wierd creations.

Amino spiking is well known. A lot of companies have been busted.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom