napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

30 Bodybuilding quotes to motivate you

BigBusiness

Brought to you by PHARMACOM

1 – Derik Farnsworth–“The most important quality you need to cultivate is patience. Nobody makes progress as quickly as they would like to, not even the top pro’s. When you’re just getting started, you really need to forget all about going from a regular body to a great physique in 60 days, 90 days, or even a year. It takes time to build a good physique, and even more time to bring up any lagging bodyparts so that you’re complete and balanced.”

2 – Jeff Long–on leg development– “I doubt too many of you out there are 100 percent satisfied with your legs right now. All I can say is that if you are willing to work hard and gut it out, even when the pain is too much to bear and fatigue has you desperately wanting to quit, your legs will grow.”

3 – Kevin English– “If you ever see some nonsense article with a title like ‘Get a great chest in 30 days!’, just laugh and skip past it. You can’t rush a great chest and there are no shortcuts.”

4 – Dennis Wolf– When to Train Chest

“This goes for any body part, really. I see guys doing the same exact routine and using the same weights month after month, year after year, and of course they always look the same. Your muscles adapt to certain workouts and you have to change things up like the exercises you do, the order you do them in, the rep range, etc.”

5 – Dorian Yates– “The obvious answer is the pervasiveness of the “more is better” mentality that most of us have. It’s always tempting to do a little more. It’s significantly easier to put 90 percent into three to four sets. And I’m not saying it isn’t effective. There’s no denying it does work— just look at the physiques of the top guys who train that way. I simply feel my way, one set to failure, is more effective and more efficient.”

6 – Cody Montgomery–“Between PS3, Xbox One, Facebook, Instagram, texting your buddies and 1,000 channels of digital cable, there are a lot of ways to waste time when you should be sleeping. Teenagers need a solid eight to nine hours of sleep a night, and that goes double for those of you trying to become bodybuilders. You can’t miss sleep and expect to recover and grow. Not gonna happen.”

7 – Branch Warren–“I train for two reasons. Number one, I love working out, and number two, I want to win. You can’t win if you don’t train to the best of your ability.”

8 – Evan Centopani (on training back)–“Machines are fine for detail and to use before a contest, but the free weights are what build muscle. Rows with barbells and dumbbells, and deadlifts, those are the foundation of a great back.”

9 – Adorthus Cherry–“I wasn’t training, I was hardly eating and I was starting to worry that my son was going to grow up not knowing me. But sometimes you have to get to rock bottom before you can climb back up.”

10 – Cedric McMillan–“Making steady gains over the long haul takes some serious creativity. You can’t be afraid to try new things in the gym, especially if you’ve been doing the same things in your workouts and the physique you see in the mirror doesn’t look any bigger or better than it did a year, two years or 10 years ago!”

11 – Roelly Winklar–“Shoulders are one of those areas that you can almost never have too much development. The thicker, rounder and wider you can make them, the better your overall shape is, so I never stop hitting my deltoids with maximum effort and intensity.”

12 – Flex Lewis–“I do not want to come to the end of the road and be left with the thought, ‘Did I really give it my best shot? Could I have been better?’ I couldn’t live with that.”

13 – Morgan Aste–“Your body is a piece of art but it’s always a work in progress. You are never done improving your symmetry and eliminating weak points.”

14 – Kevin Jordan–“I want to jump right into the fire with those guys I’ve looked up to for so long, but I don’t want to compete as a pro until I know I’m good enough to win, not just show up and maybe place.”

15 – Dorian Yates–“All else being equal, the guy with the best genetics will have the best physique. But rarely are all things equal.”

16 – Jon De La Rosa– “Look, I want to be Mr. Olympia one day. Doing that isn’t about beating Phil Heath. It’s about doing what I need to do to be good enough to earn that title.”

17 – Dennis Wolf–“The best rep range for making the shoulders grow is 10-12. If you are able to do more than 12, use a little more weight. It’s a little bit of work to find that good balance for the right weight, but this is how you get the best results.”

18 – Victor Martinez–“You can’t limit yourself, or else you will limit your progress.”

19 – Branch Warren–It’s pretty hard to stop a man who does not know the meaning of the word “quit.”

20 – Dorian Yates–“I was always an independent thinker who questioned things rather than simply accepted that everything I read or was told was the truth or the best way. It’s important to question things in life and form your own opinions. Otherwise you will have your opinions dictated to you.”

21 – Steve Kuclo–“A lot of guys just go too heavy because they think muscle growth is all about lifting as heavy as you can. They don’t understand how critical it is to get the best pump possible.”

22 – Evan Centopani–“Do it the hard way, the right way, and you’ll grow— and I think that’s better than trying to show off or stoke your ego any day.”

23 – Cedric McMillan–“Don’t ever think like you can’t achieve something. Keep riding it out and pushing and giving it your all. Even if you don’t achieve that goal, you’ll become a better person for trying.”

24 – Essa Obaid–”I want to be the best bodybuilder I can be, and to do that I have to beat the best bodybuilders. That means the pros in the IFBB, the men who fight for the Arnold Classic and Mr. Olympia titles. I don’t want to be what you call a big fish in a small pond— I want to take on the big sharks.”

25 – Branch Warren–“I would never have turned pro training like an average bodybuilder. There is no substitute for intensity.”

26 – Dexter Jackson–“There isn’t enough emphasis on the heavy barbell basics anymore, especially in the early years when guys need them the most. I make a point of stressing that ‘barbells build muscle.’ They’re even better than dumbbells because you can overload the muscle with more weight.”

27 – Jay Cutler–“Keeping an open mind and learning what works best for me is what makes me a far better bodybuilder than I was 10 or 15 years ago.”

28 – Victor Martinez–“What’s gonna be better about my physique this time? Everything.”

29 – Abbas Khatami –“With me, what you see is what you get. If I don’t like you for whatever reason, I’m not going to sit there and pretend I’m your best friend. But don’t get me wrong— I get along with everyone except liars. The one thing that has always rubbed me the wrong way is when someone lies to my face and totally tries to play it off.”

30 – Dorian Yates–“As far as smiling in photo shoots where I was training, that seemed even more ridiculous to me. Training was all about pain and effort. Why the fuck would you be smiling"

1f8f6c046aa171baa03827ab9ca0fbcd.jpg

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
PM for any questions
BigB15 for 15% off all orders

I like...

20 – Dorian Yates–“I was always an independent thinker who questioned things rather than simply accepted that everything I read or was told was the truth or the best way. It’s important to question things in life and form your own opinions. Otherwise you will have your opinions dictated to you.”

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Here's a quote to add:

The 44- 'When they doubt you you've achieved it all. Either that or you really suck like they said.'

Lol geez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post! I like number 13...however you need some female quotes in there too! Lol
13 is a very good one!! You can never be completely satisfied when you look at yourself in the mirror. I'll see what I can do about some female quotes:)

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
PM for any questions

I really like 13 also. We must always strive to push ourselves past our goals!!!

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
PM for any questions

Top Bottom