napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

KETO DIET

musclefreak47 said:
so i was wondering what is your favourite keto cutting meal?

You better do some readin up on Dr Mario DePasquale, or the great Vince Gironda....eggs and beef!

musclefreak47 said:
steak and eggs all day every day haha

well since you asked for a favorite...mine is a 4 egg omelet dumped into 8oz browned ground sirloin ,some crushed cashews, and some freshly grated parm. To splurge a cup of double strength coffee with half heavy cream.

drb_iac said:
musclefreak47 said:

You better do some readin up on Dr Mario DePasquale, or the great Vince Gironda....eggs and beef!

^^Good advice for just about anyone right there.

It might surprise some guys that a guru with an impeccable history for training countless champs got into the best condition of his life doing steak and eggs just twice a day. Look closely and you'll find that the people who piss on the steak and egg diet generally seem to be the ones who haven't tried it for any length of time.

My favorite keto meal is currently 6 hard boiled eggs with a tablespoon of fish oil, celtic salt and fresh pepper.. it's quick, easy - and cheap :)

middle aged fat guy said:
[quote="drb_iac":vb2dz5kv]
musclefreak47 said:

It might surprise some guys that a guru with an impeccable history for training countless champs got into the best condition of his life doing steak and eggs just twice a day. Look closely and you'll find that the people who piss on the steak and egg diet generally seem to be the ones who haven't tried it for any length of time.

My favorite keto meal is currently 6 hard boiled eggs with a tablespoon of fish oil, celtic salt and fresh pepper.. it's quick, easy - and cheap :)[/quote:vb2dz5kv]

steak and eggs twice a day meaning ONLY 2 meals a day or only eating the steak and egg meal twice a day but other meals in between?

SpikedEggnog said:
[quote="drb_iac":1krk9pmo]
musclefreak47 said:

My favorite keto meal is currently 6 hard boiled eggs with a tablespoon of fish oil, celtic salt and fresh pepper.. it's quick, easy - and cheap :)

steak and eggs twice a day meaning ONLY 2 meals a day or only eating the steak and egg meal twice a day but other meals in between?[/quote:1krk9pmo]

Twice a day only, with each meal being 3 eggs and 3/4 pound steak :)

Vince Gironda achieved his best shape ever by doing that for 9 months straight (at 46yrs)

It does sound like BS because the concept is so far removed from anything we are used to hearing but it works for most people who try it. If you do a search on 'Vince Gironda steak and eggs' you will probably find that the people who have tried it have been amazed with the results.. It's not unusual for guys who were previously neurotic about macros and meal timing to have an 'aha!' moment after they give it a go for a while.

I've wanted to start a thread about this for a while but haven't been able to find the pdf where Vince talked about his experience with it and why he believed it worked so well for most people. I'll have another look at some stage though

SpikedEggnog said:
[quote="middle aged fat guy":302qo5kb][quote="drb_iac":302qo5kb]
musclefreak47 said:

steak and eggs twice a day meaning ONLY 2 meals a day or only eating the steak and egg meal twice a day but other meals in between?[/quote:302qo5kb]

Vince Gironda achieved his best shape ever by doing that for 9 months straight (at 46yrs)

It does sound like BS because the concept is so far removed from anything we are used to hearing but it works for most people who try it. If you do a search on 'Vince Gironda steak and eggs' you will probably find that the people who have tried it have been amazed with the results.. It's not unusual for guys who were previously neurotic about macros and meal timing to have an 'aha!' moment after they give it a go for a while.

I've wanted to start a thread about this for a while but haven't been able to find the pdf where Vince talked about his experience with it and why he believed it worked so well for most people. I'll have another look at some stage though[/quote:302qo5kb]

i dont doubt the steak and eggs, but what gets me is only 3 eggs and less then a lb of steak twice a day? Thats it?? That seems like an insane caloric deficit..

SpikedEggnog said:
SpikedEggnog said:
[quote="middle aged fat guy":2kflyw2u][quote="drb_iac":2kflyw2u]
musclefreak47 said:

steak and eggs twice a day meaning ONLY 2 meals a day or only eating the steak and egg meal twice a day but other meals in between?

I've wanted to start a thread about this for a while but haven't been able to find the pdf where Vince talked about his experience with it and why he believed it worked so well for most people. I'll have another look at some stage though[/quote:2kflyw2u]

i dont doubt the steak and eggs, but what gets me is only 3 eggs and less then a lb of steak twice a day? Thats it?? That seems like an insane caloric deficit..[/quote:2kflyw2u]

I hear ya bro.. the food was cooked in butter (he was clear about that) and we don't know how fatty the beef was though.

A couple of points I remember him saying were:

-The combination of the steak and eggs kept blood sugar elevated for a significant amount of time

-Towards the end of the 9 months he began growing like a weed (after significant fat loss period where he held onto most of his muscle mass)

-Eating the steak/egg combo more than twice daily would throw most guys into negative nitrogen balance

My gut feeling is that the concept would work for most people who could stick to it for long enough, and you're 100% right - it would have to be calorie adjusted for each individual.

My maintenance calorie requirement is low at around 2000 (and that's on zero carbs) - but my TSH T3 and T4 are all smack bang in the middle of the range..

Needless to say everyone's different. If I tried to eat what my mrs eats I'd be a big fat pig, and she's half my bodyweight and has 10 years on me :)

SpikedEggnog said:
[quote="drb_iac":7qkyp978]
musclefreak47 said:

steak and eggs twice a day meaning ONLY 2 meals a day or only eating the steak and egg meal twice a day but other meals in between?[/quote:7qkyp978]

There were a couple of variations on the diet. Vince had a diet that was all of the eggs and beef that you could. He called it the maximum defintion diet. You basically ate it all through the day. Then one day Vince shows up at a show so ripped that his rips were ripped and everyone was all over him trying to find out what diet he was on. He said eggs and beef twice per day. This was true but he would also have a salad of raw brocoli, cauliflower, spinach and some romaine, and dump olive oil on it, and a splash of vinegar. Add to that a few sips of cream thru the day.

When I did this diet it was 4 eggs, 6oz ground sirloin 3 times per day.This diet is not as easy as it sounds, but it works faster than any diet I have ever used. I lost 1lb per day and after 2 weeks added some carbs to slow the train down. When you come off of this diet you look stringy until you get some carbs loaded, then you look really good. This diet while on trenA and trenHex + sus gives you the look!

drb_iac said:
SpikedEggnog said:
[quote="middle aged fat guy":2ij45w4m][quote="drb_iac":2ij45w4m]
musclefreak47 said:

steak and eggs twice a day meaning ONLY 2 meals a day or only eating the steak and egg meal twice a day but other meals in between?[/quote:2ij45w4m]

There were a couple of variations on the diet. Vince had a diet that was all of the eggs and beef that you could. He called it the maximum defintion diet. You basically ate it all through the day. Then one day Vince shows up at a show so ripped that his rips were ripped and everyone was all over him trying to find out what diet he was on. He said eggs and beef twice per day. This was true but he would also have a salad of raw brocoli, cauliflower, spinach and some romaine, and dump olive oil on it, and a splash of vinegar. Add to that a few sips of cream thru the day.

When I did this diet it was 4 eggs, 6oz ground sirloin 3 times per day.This diet is not as easy as it sounds, but it works faster than any diet I have ever used. I lost 1lb per day and after 2 weeks added some carbs to slow the train down. When you come off of this diet you look stringy until you get some carbs loaded, then you look really good. This diet while on trenA and trenHex + sus gives you the look![/quote:2ij45w4m]

ok that sounds more like it, i knew there was more to it, thanks..

If you buy Vince's book, called Unleashing the Wild Physique, there is diet titled The Maximun Definition Diet. It is funny and you can feel the smart assed Vince. He says for BREAKFAST-Ground meat and eggs, all you care to eat
LUNCH-Ground meat and eggs, all you care to eat
Diner-Ground meat and eggs, all you care to eat. What he doesn't tell you is that you will be tired of eggs and meat within 3 days..lol

Then he has the liquid diet for those wanting to loose a lot of weight. In a blender add 1 qt of heavy cream, plus 12 eggs. Eat only this throughout the day. WTF! This guy was eccentric to say the least. I think that Lyle McDonald still writes about Vince.

drb_iac said:
If you buy Vince's book, called Unleashing the Wild Physique, there is diet titled The Maximun Definition Diet. It is funny and you can feel the smart assed Vince. He says for BREAKFAST-Ground meat and eggs, all you care to eat
LUNCH-Ground meat and eggs, all you care to eat
Diner-Ground meat and eggs, all you care to eat. What he doesn't tell you is that you will be tired of eggs and meat within 3 days..lol

Then he has the liquid diet for those wanting to loose a lot of weight. In a blender add 1 qt of heavy cream, plus 12 eggs. Eat only this throughout the day. WTF! This guy was eccentric to say the least. I think that Lyle McDonald still writes about Vince.

lol wow

SpikedEggnog said:
[quote="middle aged fat guy":2c8jpeh1][quote="drb_iac":2c8jpeh1]
musclefreak47 said:

steak and eggs twice a day meaning ONLY 2 meals a day or only eating the steak and egg meal twice a day but other meals in between?[/quote:2c8jpeh1]

I've wanted to start a thread about this for a while but haven't been able to find the pdf where Vince talked about his experience with it and why he believed it worked so well for most people. I'll have another look at some stage though[/quote:2c8jpeh1]

I went to Amazon to see if they had Vince's book.The book was over 100$..wtf..must be a collectors item! It is just a paperback! The copy I have was 7$ new and autographed.

drb_iac said:
http://www.ironguru.com/vince-gironda-u ... d-physique[/url]

I'll have a hunt around for it at some stage and share it with the guys here if I can find it :)

I remember reading about the Ha wain cutting diet, which was protein plus pineapple/papaya 2 - 3 times a day and also the full blown 30 egg a day diet he said had comparable effects to using gear. I guess someone was training under his guidance, sleeping and eating 30 eggs a day they would grow like a weed.. I once tried grazing on 3 eggs every 2 hours for a couple of months on just 400mg Test and saw changes on a daily basis.. i'll never forget that! :)

Top Bottom